Graphics improvements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShakyMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShakyMonkey
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey all, I was just wondering since Xbox One (& PS4 for that matter) are so similar in architecture to PCs now, is it possible, like on PCs, to download new graphics drivers delivering better performance and features? I know ATI have a reputation for not having the best performance upon launch but building up steam as new drivers are released, given that both consoles are running ATI graphics can we expect updates that increase performance in the future?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Simple answer is no lol. But developers will obviously patch their games if they're not running right like they always have and we'll get new updates for improvements as time progresses.

ShakyMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShakyMonkey

I don't understand why this wouldn't happen. Is it a hardware problem or the developers refusing? I don't get why they wouldn't want more performance

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I think the difference is that when games are developed for the PC, there's a wide range to GPUs that the developer has to take into consideration. One GPU might work great, but another might have problems. With consoles, the hardware configuration if pretty finite to changes. The developers know what they're working with and they know that it won't change. They can code it so that the console version is better optimized for the hardware instead of have the GPU maker release drivers.

ShakyMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShakyMonkey

Ah, it's making a lot more sense now. Thanks for your input, guys :)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Has dead rising 3 released a patch for their game.