GoW=Posion for other games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts
After its release, i am Noticeing a Stark drop in the number of players on all others games.

Games like FEAR, PDZ and others wicth were once Full of egar players,  are now almost Ghost servers, thanks to the Wildfire Popularity of GoW.
has anyone else Noticed this? 
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
It's basically just because it is the 'in' game to play.  People playing for achievements and people that are just comfortable with it because it doesn't really take alot of skill to shotty people.  I don't know anyone that played since before or on Emergence Day that still plays after the update.  It is just my opinion, but if the game still keeps your attention with this update after a couple weeks, then I feel really down on the state of what people are looking for or the standards they accept in terms of on-line MP gaming and communities.  It is disappointing that it has thinned out other games that have way better on-line MP.  But it has made me re-evaluate what on-line games I will get or wait and get for PC from now on.
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

Oh dude you made another thread about Gears of War?

:roll:

No, I haven't noticed any real drop in the number of people playing other games. Then again I haven't been online in a week or so, so I'm not 100% sure.

quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 quetzalcoatl45
It's basically just because it is the 'in' game to play. People playing for achievements and people that are just comfortable with it because it doesn't really take alot of skill to shotty people. I don't know anyone that played since before or on Emergence Day that still plays after the update. It is disappointing that it has thinned out other games that have way better on-line MP.jdknight21

That is pretty much what i figured.
But i bet GoW's Servers will be Ghosted ASA Halo3 is released.
Well, back to trying to find a game in PDZ........
senecaboyer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 senecaboyer88
Member since 2005 • 3386 Posts
i didnt really like Gears online....i got really, really bored... The best online game is hands down Rainbow Six Vegas......its not a ridiculuous run around shooting everybody with shotguns and grenades like Gears is...
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
I need to edit that.  I meant I'd feel really bad for the state of on-line MP on consoles.  I think the best on-line console game is R6: V so far, and it has some pretty bad flaws with game set-up.  So we still have a way to go this gen.  In terms of run and gun frag fests F.E.A.R. and CoD2 have been quite memorable, even though they aren't as strategic and more for deathmatch or CTF than other games.
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 quetzalcoatl45
I need to edit that. I meant I'd feel really bad for the state of on-line MP on consoles. I think the best on-line console game is R6: V so far, and it has some pretty bad flaws with game set-up. So we still have a way to go this gen. In terms of run and gun frag fests F.E.A.R. and CoD2 have been quite memorable, even though they aren't as strategic and more for deathmatch or CTF than other games.jdknight21

Word.
Sometimes, you want a Fragfest ala GoW, FEAR, Far Cry.
Other times you need a More Tactal game, Like R6:V.

Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
After playing Gears I realized how good a lot of other games were. In other words I found Gears so mediocre that mediocre games were more fun. I also realized that shooters don't seem to be going anywhere. Each game in the genre is basically the same. Minor improvements are thought of as huge scale overhaulings when it comes to FPS/shooters. Quite sad. Also thanks to Gears I realized with enough hype a sorry ass MP mode could be considered "brilliant". So to answer your question using your analogy, for me Gears of War was like an anti-poison to other games.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
i havent really noticed it..maybe because all i playright now really is GOW and RB6. im pretty bored of my games besides those two. im just waiting till my birthday so i can get crackdown and lost planet