GOW online ranked achievment points (100 frag sticks) count if ppl quit early?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

j2dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 j2dah
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

On GOW do ranked online achievement points e.g.(100 headshots) still count if some people quit before the end of the match?

lobobizarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 lobobizarro
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts
As long as 5 players finish a ranked match, everything counts. Anything less, won't.
j2dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 j2dah
But if there were 8 at the start and ends up with 2 then will the points from when there were five people still count? p.s thanks
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Everything counts for achievements in Gears. Shooting someone that is down upclose with a pistol will count as a pistol kill towards you're achievements for example, even though it says it's an execution kill in the game.

When people quit early, even if there are only two people left, it will count towards you're achievements. That's why if you check yourself in the leaderboards, you will only have around 80 chainsaw kills, for example, when you get the achievement for chainsawing 100 people. And that's why you most likely will get the seriously achievement around 8 or 9000 kills.

The only thing I know of that doesn't count towards you're achievements is headshotting someone that is down. It won't count as a headshot. The rest, does.
j2dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 j2dah
thanks i didnt know i could check how many i had so should i just go on ranking and it will tell me?
j2dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 j2dah
how do u check how close u are to getting the achievement because it does not say it next to the actual amounts of achievements
mankvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 mankvill
Member since 2003 • 862 Posts
I think it'll count.
j2dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 j2dah
how do u check how close u are to getting the achievement because it does not say it next to the actual amounts of achievements
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
how do u check how close u are to getting the achievement because it does not say it next to the actual amounts of achievements j2dah

From the menu; Versus > Leaderboards > Me Warzone/Assassination/Execution (which ever mode you play) All Time
j2dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 j2dah
thanks very much
pandaman37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 pandaman37
Member since 2006 • 1132 Posts
Everything counts for achievements in Gears. Shooting someone that is down upclose with a pistol will count as a pistol kill towards you're achievements for example, even though it says it's an execution kill in the game.

When people quit early, even if there are only two people left, it will count towards you're achievements. That's why if you check yourself in the leaderboards, you will only have around 80 chainsaw kills, for example, when you get the achievement for chainsawing 100 people. And that's why you most likely will get the seriously achievement around 8 or 9000 kills.

The only thing I know of that doesn't count towards you're achievements is headshotting someone that is down. It won't count as a headshot. The rest, does.
FearlessSpirit

actually i dont think shooting upclose counts as a pistol kill.... when i was trying to get it thats all i did, i only killed upclose with the pistol... after about 200 kills like that i noticed i still did not have the achievement until somebody finally told me to scoot back then shoot with the pistol.. after killing like that for awhile i finally got it
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
As long as YOU don't quit, every kill will count. The leaderboards might not say it counted, but the game still keeps track.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
[QUOTE="FearlessSpirit"]Everything counts for achievements in Gears. Shooting someone that is down upclose with a pistol will count as a pistol kill towards you're achievements for example, even though it says it's an execution kill in the game.

pandaman37

actually i dont think shooting upclose counts as a pistol kill.... when i was trying to get it thats all i did, i only killed upclose with the pistol... after about 200 kills like that i noticed i still did not have the achievement until somebody finally told me to scoot back then shoot with the pistol.. after killing like that for awhile i finally got it

Yeah same thing happened to me. I thought that I could execute someone with a pistol and get the achievement, but you got to kill them far away or headshot them.