God I hate the 360 controller now...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slannmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Slannmage
Member since 2005 • 6975 Posts

I bought an Xbox One at launch and played Forza a lot before I sold it because everything was behind the stupid Xbox Gold pay wall even though it's local to your console and free on everything else like my phone, PS3 or PC. Frigging I had to go back to using a 360 controller on the PC for racing games and I just hate it, I didn't realise how much of a step forward the Xbox One analog sticks were! The Xbox One's sticks feel so smooth and responsive, they just give linear delivery all the way through. The 360 controller however have this weird dead zone that is just horrible and really inaccurate and bad for precision driving.

Just weird how it isn't something you realise until you use something better, sadly though it has left me controllerless on the PC until Microsoft bring out their Xbox One controller for PC next year.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah I know it's hard to use after you get used to the X1 controller, I still have my 360 connected through the X1 via the HDMI input, and I use it once in a while for various things and I cannot stand the 360 controller anymore...... but I think future PC support is planned so you won't have to wait long for that.

dbene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dbene
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts

I like them both, but kind of miss the heaviness of the 360 controller......the triggers seems a little too easy to mash on Xbone...the lightness just makes it feel fragile too

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I love the xbox controllers.

Slannmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6  Edited By Slannmage
Member since 2005 • 6975 Posts

What I like about the Xbox One triggers and bumpers now is you can use them both at the same time. If you notice the bumpers are shaped at the sides so you only have to press in a little bit and you're fully using them. It takes time to get used to and probably why people have them so much, but when you get used to it, you cannot go back.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@Slannmage said:

What I like about the Xbox One triggers and bumpers now is you can use them both at the same time. If you notice the bumpers are shaped at the sides so you only have to press in a little bit and you're fully using them. It takes time to get used to and probably why people have them so much, but when you get used to it, you cannot go back.

it's weird at first but yes they are designed to be pushed while keeping tip of your finger on the triggers

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I liked the Xbox One controller before it went to retail

Using an earlier model the sticks were tighter, the ones that were finally used in retail are too loose. It's a good controller but the 360 controller beats it hands down

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Using an earlier model the sticks were tighter, the ones that were finally used in retail are too loose. It's a good controller but the 360 controller beats it hands down

I like both controllers but I must admit the xbox one controller is slightly better.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I have always liked the Xbox controllers over Playstation controllers.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@sukraj said:

@Jaysonguy said:

I like both controllers but I must admit the xbox one controller is slightly better.

The the lack of resistance with the thumbsticks is something that can't lift the One controller above the 360

The buttons are nicely placed on the one and the bumpers are true bumpers this time around, great additions on those.

Heck, I even like the textured area around the top of each thumbstick.

It's just moving the thumbstick that I dislike

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

yeah, the X1 controllers definitely seem a little more ergonomic, but they don't seem like they can take much abuse.