Give Medal of Honor: Warfighter another chance!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CBN16 (353 posts) -

Hello everyone. I got Medal of Honor: Warfighter at launch and was disappointed at first (like many others). I think a lot of it was the bugs and that many people expected Call of Duty, so they charged objectives and played for themself instead of the team. I took a break from the game, but came back this weekend. I have to say that I have actually enjoyed it a lot. People play more tactically and they help teammates out now. Many of the bugs have also been fixed. The only issue I have seen is some audio glitches, but I noticed that on BF3 too, so I am guessing it's a Frostbite 2 issue.

I just want to encourage people to play a few rounds and see if they get into it.

Please, if you do play again and enjoy it, tell others to try it if you want to.

#2 Posted by vashkey (33733 posts) -
Meh. The whole modern military shooter sub genre has been done to death, no thanks.
#3 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
I used to love MOH, now that it hasn't done anything to improve I stopped playing it.
#4 Posted by Papadrach (1965 posts) -

They need to bring back WW2 Era games. I miss CoD2 soooooooo much

#5 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
I just got done playing Spec Ops: The Line, which is essentially a deconstruction of everything games like Medal of Honor: Warfighter are built on. No thanks.
#6 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

Yes Medal of Duty: Al Qaeda8 sounds so fun right now

#7 Posted by Djmaster214 (3236 posts) -

They need to bring back WW2 Era games. I miss CoD2 soooooooo much

Papadrach

god yes me and my friend were talking about those good days when skill in multiplayer came from weapons and not killstreaks or attachments you slapped on. i'll be forever waiting for the next brothers in arms sequel =[

just realized i was offtopic but yeah i have been thinking about picking up the game cheap for the campaign. i have no interest in the online portion however

#8 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
Meh. The whole modern military shooter sub genre has been done to death, no thanks.vashkey
This.. need something new. An open world WW2 shooter/rpg game would be pretty sweet. I'd really like to see a Vietnam themed game being out in the Jungle, going out on patrols, clearing tunnels etc.
#9 Posted by Djmaster214 (3236 posts) -
[QUOTE="vashkey"]Meh. The whole modern military shooter sub genre has been done to death, no thanks.Rattlesnake_8
This.. need something new. An open world WW2 shooter/rpg game would be pretty sweet. I'd really like to see a Vietnam themed game being out in the Jungle, going out on patrols, clearing tunnels etc.

if they could manage to make a good one iv played about 5 and they range from mediocre to terrible , black ops was the closest to getting a good vietnam game
#10 Posted by greaneto (6 posts) -
looks good!!
#11 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I just got done playing Spec Ops: The Line, which is essentially a deconstruction of everything games like Medal of Honor: Warfighter are built on. No thanks.1PMrFister

Just ordered this game off of Amazon. From what I've heard it's what I've been looking for in a game, rather than more of this "**** yeah, America!" stuff in every other military shooter.

#12 Posted by sukraj (22861 posts) -

I'm not a fan of this genre.

#13 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]I just got done playing Spec Ops: The Line, which is essentially a deconstruction of everything games like Medal of Honor: Warfighter are built on. No thanks.Vari3ty

Just ordered this game off of Amazon. From what I've heard it's what I've been looking for in a game, rather than more of this "**** yeah, America!" stuff in every other military shooter.

I should warn you the gameplay is rather generic, and it plays the "America, f*ck yeah!" mentality for the first few chapters. Stick with it, though, as eventually it starts throwing all those things back at the player, and that's when the game really starts getting interesting.
#14 Posted by CBN16 (353 posts) -

I realize that people are starting to stray away from modern FPS games. I mean, if you look at the list of games I am playing, most of them are from different genres. This is more for those who bought Medal of Honor, played it, got disappointed, and put it aside to collect dust. I am not saying "go and buy this game" by any means.

#15 Posted by jsmoke03 (12906 posts) -

i didn't think mohw was a bad game. its okay, but the interface make that game a chore.

i would but i'm going through my backlog, cod, and i have it for another system