Getting hacked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tannerr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1 Tannerr33
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts
I was playing with some friends on Gears of War when I was disconnected from xbox live. A message popped up saying my profile is in use by another gamer. This happened to be 3 times in the past 15min, is this a sign of getting hacked and should I call support?
jburde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 jburde
Member since 2002 • 3357 Posts
It does seem like you're being hacked. I'm not sure, but I'd call Support
luke182777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 luke182777
Member since 2005 • 3070 Posts
support would be a lot better at diagnosing the problem than us. call them and tell them what happened.
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

support would be a lot better at diagnosing the problem than us. call them and tell them what happened.luke182777

Exactly.

jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
Yeah same thing happens to me alot whenever you look at someones gamer porfile while more then two people are looking at the exact same profile it will kick you off xbox live. If you look at your profile while someone is looking at your gamer score or whatever it will kick you off xbox the same way if more then two people are looking at that profile.
jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
Tried it with a friend just a coupple days ago as soon as he looked at my profile (Gamer score) it kick me off live saying "this is in use by another player" or something.
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
???
aDDiKt24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 aDDiKt24
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
I was playing with some friends on Gears of War when I was disconnected from xbox live. A message popped up saying my profile is in use by another gamer. This happened to be 3 times in the past 15min, is this a sign of getting hacked and should I call support? Tannerr33

In response to your whole situation it is extremely obvious that someone has dropped a trojan on ur HD. This enables them to get your details and basically use your username. Just be careful as they might nuke you and then delete your config.sys folder. This makes your 360 fail to load without even an error screen. It happened to me about 6 months ago, now im the one ejecting peoples disc trays and turning off their consoles with my skills I have learnt. Gears of War has the most frequented hax0rs on live, as it gets the most traffic in. My word of warning is be careful who your playing games with because in the end they might be playing you. Are you one three three seven?
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
thats messed, call support and change your password over xbox.com maybe they are using it there
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
COuld be just, someones hacked your windows login. Like an ex-friend or somthing.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Yeah same thing happens to me alot whenever you look at someones gamer porfile while more then two people are looking at the exact same profile it will kick you off xbox live. If you look at your profile while someone is looking at your gamer score or whatever it will kick you off xbox the same way if more then two people are looking at that profile.jamesgj

That couldn't be more untrue. Spreading lies isn't really going to help anybody. I was looking at my profile simultaneously while 3 other people were also looking at it. I didn't get disconnected, kicked, booted or anything. And I never have been.