Get Your Gears of War 3 Beta From GameStop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by minxin0101 (38 posts) -

Didn't purchase the Epic edition of Bulletstorm, but still want in on the Gears of War 3 beta? Fear not! If you pre-order Gears of War 3 at GameStop, you will be able to participate in the beta that runs from April 25 to May 15. Although the Bulletstorm beta starts one week earlier (April 18), it's better late than never.

In addition to the ability to play the multiplayer component of the game early, GameStop said in a press release that players will be able to unlock "exclusive content" that will carry over to the retail release. My bet is there will be some kind of super-special gun, because flaming helmets were so last year.

copied from another forum

#2 Posted by lKoRuPT (264 posts) -

This is already known, its on the games Gears of War 3 forum. Additionally, all of the unlockables are known as well. Check out the sticky axemaster72 made for more details.

#3 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

Not surprised. They need all the people they can get to do testing. Also, exclusive content most likely means a skin for the Lancer.

#4 Posted by vashkey (33733 posts) -
They need all the people they can get to do testing.Phoenix534
Well, technically not really. They'd do just fine with the standard test teams and if they really needed to sniff out the rest before release the beta probably would have been fine with just tens of thosands, not the millions that will likely be participating.
#5 Posted by Jaysonguy (37647 posts) -

It's going to be for all Gold members

No need to shop at a crappy store to get the beta

Buy it from a reputable retailer and get in using your membership you already have.

#6 Posted by lKoRuPT (264 posts) -

Buy it from a reputable retailer and get in using your membership you already have.

Jaysonguy

I saw you post this in another thread as well. Can you please post your source? I did see an article saying that it was open to all gold members but with a cap, but that was before the pre-order Gears of War 3 at GS to get into the beta was announced.

#7 Posted by minxin0101 (38 posts) -

copied from another forum

#8 Posted by LustForSoul (5885 posts) -
I've got bulletstorm so I'll be playing the 18th already. :P I was absolutely no fan of the first 2 though.
#9 Posted by cluelesspug (3396 posts) -

Jaysonguy

Its actually exlusive to those who either got Epic edition of Bulletstorm, or pre-order Gears 3 from Gamestop. I think I would know these things. :P (I'm a little obsessed).

#10 Posted by wretch0101 (129 posts) -
I live an hour and a half away from gamestop and thats too far to drive in the snow n icy roads.. i'll be ordering Epic BS edition from ebay. Maybe i'll see some of you on the beta. ... Exclusive Beta Unlockables Flaming Hammerburst Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock. Flaming Lancer Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock. Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock. Flaming Gnasher Shotgun Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock. Beta Tester Medal -- Wear it proudly, Gear. Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock. Thrashball Cole -- Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he was before Emergence Day -- a legendary Thrashball athlete known for his ferocious, flamboyant style. Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period. Gold-Plated Retro Lancer -- Before the chainsaw bayonet was deployed at the beginning of the Locust-Human War, the original Lancer assault rifle had a large fixed blade. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta period.
#11 Posted by Childeater10 (3003 posts) -

pretty much. Just put $5 on it, get the code from them the same day and then come back another and cancel it :lol:

#12 Posted by wretch0101 (129 posts) -

pretty much. Just put $5 on it, get the code from them the same day and then come back another and cancel it :lol:

Childeater10

Why would you cancel it? Gears 3 will be legendary!

#13 Posted by Childeater10 (3003 posts) -

[QUOTE="Childeater10"]

wretch0101

To not support Gamestop...
#14 Posted by Victors_Valiant (398 posts) -
Did this last week. I am pretty pumped for Gears of War 3.
#15 Posted by lKoRuPT (264 posts) -

Childeater10

You can't cancel Gamestop pre-orders that give you promotional items once you receive the promotional item. It's on their website.

#16 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

I don't really browse the Epic forum but my friend who works at a Gamestop told me this today so i'll pre-order it tonight.

#17 Posted by RealKilla_789 (3668 posts) -

I bought the Bulletstorm Epic edition but thanks for the post. I can't wait for the beta.

#18 Posted by orb_03_2006 (8494 posts) -
[QUOTE="wretch0101"]

[QUOTE="Childeater10"]

Childeater10

To not support Gamestop...

So... much... win!!!
#19 Posted by Childeater10 (3003 posts) -

[QUOTE="Childeater10"]

lKoRuPT

You can't cancel Gamestop pre-orders that give you promotional items once you receive the promotional item. It's on their website.

Umm don't pre-order from there website. You can cancel whatever the heck you want from the store... Its your money. I also work there so I should know this.
#20 Posted by B1GFreakN (134 posts) -

ChildEater, how does this work? Once you preorder the game, do you have to go to your local store and pick up the beta code, or does GameStop send it to you via email or on your PowerUpRewards account?

#21 Posted by lKoRuPT (264 posts) -

ChildEater, how does this work? Once you preorder the game, do you have to go to your local store and pick up the beta code, or does GameStop send it to you via email or on your PowerUpRewards account?B1GFreakN

When you pre-order the game, the beta code will be printed on your receipt.

Umm don't pre-order from there website. You can cancel whatever the heck you want from the store... Its your money. I also work there so I should know this.Childeater10

Thanks for the information. I did pre-order in store but was under the impression this policy applied to both online and in store orders. I was going to just accept that I paid $5 for the beta, but I'll go in tomorrow and cancel. Like you, I'd rather not support GameStop either..

#22 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
All ready got it.
#23 Posted by B1GFreakN (134 posts) -

lKoRuPT

Sorry, but I think you might be mistaken. My receipt doesn't have the beta code listed on it anywhere.

#24 Posted by Childeater10 (3003 posts) -

[QUOTE="lKoRuPT"]

B1GFreakN

Sorry, but I think you might be mistaken. My receipt doesn't have the beta code listed on it anywhere.

Then the associate failed at his job and didn't print the code on your receipt. There is an additional sku they have to type in to get the beta code to show up on your receipt. I would just go back to the store with yours and let them know you want a code before they run out.
#25 Posted by B1GFreakN (134 posts) -

Oh, I see. Well, thanks, guys.