Gears of War is coming next year....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuiCkz_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By QuiCkz_Ninja
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts

Keep the entries on the return of one of the most popular series by Xbox fan: Gears of War. The well-known insider Shinobi602 recently posted on Twitter an image of the first Gears of War commenting on the phrase "next year".

The insiders, proved reliable for other early revelations such as the name of Halo 5: Guardians and some information about the new IP for PS4 of Guerrilla Games , has not said if it is a new title in the series or a remake of the first chapter, but we know that the next Gears will come in 2016 so it is very likely a remaster for Xbox One of the first game in the series, along the lines of the Anniversary editions of Halo.

Of course, for now there is nothing sure, then I invite you to take this information with due caution.... But i Can't wait....

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i cant wait see gears of war 4 and gears of war collection too

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I want a Gears of War collection before the next Gears of War game is released, I have some unfinished business with the ol' girl.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It could come out next year, but M$ definitely won't release GeoW 4 and Halo 5 in the same year. So, we have to pick our poison. If the new studio gets GeoW 4 done and ready by next year, then we have to accept that Halo 5 may be releasing in 2016.

Everywhere I read is that Halo 5 is closer to being done, and therefore a 2015 title, which leaves 2016 for GeoW 4. It's about spacing out the sales.

They could try to release something in Spring/Summer, but I fear there isn't enough time to market such a product. The approach Xbox uses is E3 HYPE and build up to Xmas sales. We'll have to see.

A GeoW collection is possible too...but what team would do it? This new team is swamped and busy with their very first game, which happens to be GeoW 4. EPIC is busy with their new IP. While a GeoW collection is a feasible money maker and good way to build momentum for GeoW 4, I fear there isn't a studio able to roll out a product in time for early 2015. They could release a Collection in September 2015 and hold on to Halo 4 for November, but they risk cannibalizing sales. This is a tough nut to crack.

1. You have to find a talented and competent studio that can do the GeoW online and SP games justice for such a package (343s Halo collection is having issues on this front with bugs)
  2. You have to find the right time to release a GeoW 4/GeoW collection so it doesn't impact Halo 5's sales

Hmmmm. Never say never.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I only played a little bit of the first gears of war and then I stopped playing it so if they release a collection of gears of war games on the XB1 I might be tempted to buy them.

Tenryuu_Kantai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tenryuu_Kantai
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I want a Gears of War collection before the next Gears of War game is released, I have some unfinished business with the ol' girl.

I too feel this way and hope Epic will do something similar to the MCC.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Good, and whenever it lands, I'll be there to pick it up :) Big Gears fan, Gears were some great memories on the 360(especially the first one), I hope they play their cards right with this one, but I was one of the people who didn't mind judgement that much so I'm not too worried, it seems to be in good hands. Right now I have enough games to last me for the next 6 months easy, so I'm not in a hurry for this one, I hope they take their time with it so when it's done it will be one solid Gears game that will hopefully return the series to the spotlight.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

I've never played Gears Of War ever, I just bought a brand new Xbox One so I hope I'll get to play it someday, I've watched gameplay videos of all the games in the series which I've been following over the years and all of them look like so much fun, I'll buy the Gears Of War collection and GOW4 everything!

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

A Gears of War collection or Boxset with all of the MP maps and extra missions that were deleted. The original Gears of War for PC had a exclusive mission. Plus the Gears of War 2 extra mission could be threaded into the main game. This would be a great collection. To get people who have missed the previous episodes of the series. Before Black Tusk version of Gears of War arrives. Gears of War 5 or Gears of War 4 (if Judgement doesn't count?)

Maybe they could fix Gears of War Judgement. Which didn't quite live up to GoW legacy.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Yeah same... would love to have all 3 on one disc.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Whatever they do, they better do a much better job than 343 did with MCC.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
@SolidTy said:

It could come out next year, but M$ definitely won't release GeoW 4 and Halo 5 in the same year. So, we have to pick our poison. If the new studio gets GeoW 4 done and ready by next year, then we have to accept that Halo 5 may be releasing in 2016.

Everywhere I read is that Halo 5 is closer to being done, and therefore a 2015 title, which leaves 2016 for GeoW 4. It's about spacing out the sales.

They could try to release something in Spring/Summer, but I fear there isn't enough time to market such a product. The approach Xbox uses is E3 HYPE and build up to Xmas sales. We'll have to see.

A GeoW collection is possible too...but what team would do it? This new team is swamped and busy with their very first game, which happens to be GeoW 4. EPIC is busy with their new IP. While a GeoW collection is a feasible money maker and good way to build momentum for GeoW 4, I fear there isn't a studio able to roll out a product in time for early 2015. They could release a Collection in September 2015 and hold on to Halo 4 for November, but they risk cannibalizing sales. This is a tough nut to crack.

1. You have to find a talented and competent studio that can do the GeoW online and SP games justice for such a package (343s Halo collection is having issues on this front with bugs)
  2. You have to find the right time to release a GeoW 4/GeoW collection so it doesn't impact Halo 5's sales

Hmmmm. Never say never.

Yeah the more I think about it, it has to be a remaster because it's too soon for the new Gears. And like you said, H5 is releasing next year (well from they're saying atm) and they won't release both in same year.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I played the first Gears on 360 but it looked really ugly I got the 360 quite late so I gave up on it. I'd love to see a Gears collection on X1 I'd buy it in a heartbeat if the remasters look as good as those in Halo MCC.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Hmmmm. Never say never.

I'd be a buyer at the $20 price point since I played them all, but it certainly would help market GeoW to newcomers.

The problem for Xbox is feasibility to get such a package up and running, as I outlined above.