Gears of War Final Boss - Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Duck454545 (30 posts) -

Played through GOW and got to the final boss but I'm seriously struggling to beat him - nothing I do seems to hurt him. Plus everytime u die u then have to sit through that really annoying cut scene!!! I'm having nightmares about that cutscene - I've seen it that many times in the last few days!! Has anybody got any tips on how to beat him??

cheers

#2 Posted by butterob (1090 posts) -
what level of difficulty is it? do u have live? u can skip cutscenes by pressing x
#3 Posted by littleman1992 (1727 posts) -
If you tap X you don't have to see the cutscene.

It's best if your playing Co-Op but you usually want is grenades, the torque bow, and the sniper rifle. Shoot him the the torque bow to get rid of his Kryll shield and then shoot him in the head with the longshot.

And if your lucky you can shoot him with the torque bow to take down the Krll shield and then grenade tag him by running up next to him and pressing B. It's risky but it works.
#4 Posted by tanman636 (3642 posts) -

Played through GOW and got to the final boss but I'm seriously struggling to beat him - nothing I do seems to hurt him. Plus everytime u die u then have to sit through that really annoying cut scene!!! I'm having nightmares about that cutscene - I've seen it that many times in the last few days!! Has anybody got any tips on how to beat him??

cheers

Duck454545
keep shooting him. dats what i did
#5 Posted by FlawlessSeasons (7718 posts) -
wait til the kryl aren't around him, then sniper his head with an active reload on it. and if you're on insane, pray that he gets stuck behind one of the blocks, it happens sometimes and it buys you some time.
#6 Posted by butterob (1090 posts) -
if its on insane u would be better off doing it co-operativley!
#7 Posted by littleman1992 (1727 posts) -
wait til the kryl aren't around him, then sniper his head with an active reload on it. and if you're on insane, pray that he gets stuck behind one of the blocks, it happens sometimes and it buys you some time.FlawlessSeasons
That's the only way me and my buddy beat it. He got stuck behind one of the blocks on the left.
#8 Posted by Duck454545 (30 posts) -
Cheers for that I will give it ago tonight!! I feel like a proper retard regarding the x button to skip the cutscenes, I reckon I've wasted a good 3 hours of my life watching that rubbish!!
#9 Posted by shobe_360 (317 posts) -
I'd suggest using the sniper and a lancer as a combination!

When he is far away such as in the start, take headshots with the sniper while his shield (kryls) are not with him!  And once he starts coming closer pull out the lancer and blind fire away making sure he stays opposite of the block to you!

Use this video to get an idea:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3sZtZs0ggEk

GOod luck, I've beat him on Hardcore but haven't played him on insane yet!
#10 Posted by Xbox360gamer1 (8575 posts) -
Easy, it worths even better in co-op

Get the Sniper and Torque Bow. Shoot him with the bow or throw a grenade at him until the kyrill go way then snipe him in the head. STAY ON THE LIGHTS. Only run when he is close and the Kytll are still.

It is a piece of cake on co-op if one guy has torque and the other the sniper