Gears of War 3 beta discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 0

#1 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

http://www.giantbomb.com/gears-of-war-3-interview/17-3836

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvcEBvwQE0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b84V4RkPwNM

This game is looking amazing. With the game play we've seen, what thoughts do you have on it?

I only have one MAJOR concern. In the GiantBomb interview, I noticed something in some game play. You were able to rush through a barrage of bullets and still bayonet somebody. This worries me a little bit. And I love how they implemented expanding crosshairs.

What are your thoughts?

edit* Beta requirements and info:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/scitech/article937547.ece/Gears-of-War-3-beta-goes-to-public-vote

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/Secondary.aspx?id=2000

FYI, it has not yet been announced how to get into the beta yet if you do not own the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm.

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

I will be all over this. I really enjoyed the first two and the online multiplayer screamed for dedicated servers and a beta (I felt like the first two where beta's that cost $60 because of all the patches and issues that could have easily been cleaned up). I really like that they are putting ulockables in the beta that you can keep.

T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 T_0_D

I am not so worried about the bayonette charge (they showed a locust dodge it and tag Cole toward the end) as I am the one-shot. In the video the one shot hits the other player in the hip and they are dead...this could be disturbing (Geow active reload sniper) but hopefully it will be balanced.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 orb_03_2006
I have a feeling the one-shot is gonna make me angry. It'll make KotH more challenging though. :) I'll just have to learn the spawn point then lol.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I was really impressed with some of the gameplay vids I've seen for MP. The graphics are vastly improved over Gears of War 2. Now, I want to see how it controls. They said that the characters will have more weight to them and they won't feel as floaty as they did in Gears of War 2. Picking up a weapon will now require you to press and hold X so the revive issue won't be returning. The bayonet has always been a concern of mine since day one. At one point, I wasn't even sure if they'll allow it in MP.. because I could see it being kinda OP'ed.
Venomkringe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Venomkringe
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts

the bayonet charge requires some distance in order for it to actually be a kill shot, and even if hes charging straight at you, its really simple just to dodge roll to the left to avoid it. Its not overpowered at all seeing as u cant move when ur charging, and its basically used to catch a poor sucker who isnt looking at you.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I am looking forward to Gears 3! :D Is it just me, or does Cole look different in that picture? :P I am considering just waiting until the game is released so it will be more special when I finally get it... maybe. But I am wondering about all of the maps that not make the disc, will they ever be released as DLC? if not I will miss a part of the Gears 3 experience in that way.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

Im just glad they added dedicated servers.

nindoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nindoten
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i hope this game to be as awesome as the original one.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Is it just me, or does Cole look different in that picture? :PAshley_wwe
Yeah they have made some adjustments to the charecters, most prominently noticeable is cole. I can't wait to see how the game plays without host advantage
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 orb_03_2006

Im just glad they added dedicated servers.

Childeater10
That's the best thing IMO. If this game turns out good, I'm gonna be SO happy.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

I have a feeling the one-shot is gonna make me angry. It'll make KotH more challenging though. :) I'll just have to learn the spawn point then lol.orb_03_2006
It doesn't look to bad. I t takes a second before it fires and it only has 3 bullets.

LetsPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LetsPlayer
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
Is this download-able or do i still have to buy bulletstorm?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 orb_03_2006
Is this download-able or do i still have to buy bulletstorm?LetsPlayer
We don't know yet. It's not downloadable yet; starts in mid April. No announcements yet for us folks without Bulletstorm.
jparis09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 jparis09
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I really hope they nurf the new sniper rifle. From some of the gameplay ive seen looks like its gone be overpowered but we willl see

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#16 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Apparently those who don't get Bulletstorm will have a method of getting into the beta. Hopefully this method wont be too difficult cuz I really want in and I just can't get Bulletstorm right now.
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 T_0_D

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]I have a feeling the one-shot is gonna make me angry. It'll make KotH more challenging though. :) I'll just have to learn the spawn point then lol.gta4_2112

It doesn't look to bad. I t takes a second before it fires and it only has 3 bullets.

Do you have the links to any other vids? I have seen several vids but they all had the one-shot portion where the female character shoots the locust in the hip and he just explodes...this appears to be during multi-player as well. To me any one shot weapon from distance that you don't have to hit someone in the head could be a balancing issue...hopefully epic has thought of this or the Beta will prove it out.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="gta4_2112"]

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]I have a feeling the one-shot is gonna make me angry. It'll make KotH more challenging though. :) I'll just have to learn the spawn point then lol.T_0_D

Do you have the links to any other vids? I have seen several vids but they all had the one-shot portion where the female character shoots the locust in the hip and he just explodes...this appears to be during multi-player as well. To me any one shot weapon from distance that you don't have to hit someone in the head could be a balancing issue...hopefully epic has thought of this or the Beta will prove it out.

For the one shot, I've only seen one video. I've watched several, but it's always the same thing. I think they're trying to keep it under wraps until E3, and then show it take out a boomer or something.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Not going to try to get beta as i want a fresh experience like the first 2. This one shot business worries me slightly.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 orb_03_2006

Not going to try to get beta as i want a fresh experience like the first 2. This one shot business worries me slightly.

Ilovegames1992
I really wouldn't recommend that. Because there are bound to be people hating the beta just because they hated the other 2. So I predict you'll get mixed responses. You won't know whether if it's good or bad. At least play a match I'd say.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

orb_03_2006

I really wouldn't recommend that. Because there are bound to be people hating the beta just because they hated the other 2. So I predict you'll get mixed responses. You won't know whether if it's good or bad. At least play a match I'd say.

I dont know why i just dont like playing a game before i buy it. Ruins it a bit for me. I used to love getting a game for the first time. Reading the manual on the bus on the way home from the town center and playing it first thing. Epic it is. Now i just buy them online but the first excited feeling is there. I dont even bother with demos anymore really.

Avatar image for WretchedSpecter
WretchedSpecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 WretchedSpecter
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
Whats the deal with the Beta, I see people selling beta codes pulled from BS Epic ED on ebay. I read something from BS saying you need the BS disk in the tray to play Gears 3 beta and that all XBL gold members will get a "chance" to play beta " but BS owners will get it early or something, Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to buy a beta code just to end up needing the BS disk.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

I dont know why i just dont like playing a game before i buy it. Ruins it a bit for me. I used to love getting a game for the first time. Reading the manual on the bus on the way home from the town center and playing it first thing. Epic it is. Now i just buy them online but the first excited feeling is there. I dont even bother with demos anymore really.

Oh god, how I miss that feeling. Getting a new video game and reading the manual while I'm on the way home. I know how you feel. but with the way the economy is, I can't afford to now play a beta/demo. I have to be sure about this one, since the other Gears MP blew.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 orb_03_2006
Whats the deal with the Beta, I see people selling beta codes pulled from BS Epic ED on ebay. I read something from BS saying you need the BS disk in the tray to play Gears 3 beta and that all XBL gold members will get a "chance" to play beta " but BS owners will get it early or something, Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to buy a beta code just to end up needing the BS disk.WretchedSpecter
Yes, you need the Epic edition disc to play.
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 T_0_D

Here is some new information on the Beta from Gametrailers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-beta-gears-of-war/711112