GameSpot 8.5 RE5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AsianGammer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AsianGammer94
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

GameSpot gave RE5 a 8.5. To high or to low?

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I would say a bit too low. Give it a 9 for christ sake. GTA4 gets a 10 and MGS4, what else got a 10? Madden 09 got an 8. Give me a break this game is a 9 for sure/
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Too low. Less deserving games have scored higher.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
I would say a bit too low. Give it a 9 for christ sake. GTA4 gets a 10 and MGS4, what else got a 10? Madden 09 got an 8. Give me a break this game is a 9 for sure/Sonny360Elite
i agree a 9 would be perfect
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It should have got at least a 9.0

St_JimmyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 St_JimmyX
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts

Imo Re5 deserves 8.5, it doesnt bring anything new to the table. And dont go comparing it to msg4, madden and gta4, thats irrelevent logic.

10thwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 10thwonder
Member since 2009 • 2031 Posts

After playing the demo (and not being a RE fan) I would say it is fair. If you average the score that die-hard RE fans will give it and what non-RE fans will give it , it will probably hover around what GS gave it. The game looks amazing, no doubt about that, but I would have preferred a run-and-gun option, I know that is not the RE way, but having never been a fan of the series it could have helped introduce more people to it. I know purists will disagree with me, but this is my opinion, if you want to reach more people, you have to offer more options.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sonny360Elite
Actually, no it's not at all. What new to the table did Madden or GTA4 bring? Nothing. This game is much more original. I'll let MGS4 slide but that didn't bring anything new to the table either really, a little different story and setting, same as RE5.
jacim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jacim91
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

HIGH after playing the demo i got really disappointed its the same game as RE 4 but with better graphics, whats more the only good thing about the game are the graphics, who is stupid enough as not to move when he is aiming?????LOL

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

I would say a bit too low. Give it a 9 for christ sake. GTA4 gets a 10 and MGS4, what else got a 10? Madden 09 got an 8. Give me a break this game is a 9 for sure/Sonny360Elite

i agree! Re5 deserves a solid 9

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Right where I thought it would be after what i've heard about it so far.

HxCnamehere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HxCnamehere
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

well..i loved the RE series...after introducing re4 i can understand how it was like editors choice 9.0+ because it introduced over the shoulder, something far different from that whole onimusha up is forward and left and right is turn kinda gameplay...i really understand how people think this should be a 9.0 at least...and i somewhat agree, it was really fun...but you have to think about what new has it brought in terms of gameplay...sure the graphics look good..you have a partner..but..its still the same old over the shoulder gameplay, aiming without movement. Think about it this way, imagine playing RE4 again with an expansion/or DLC that lets you have a buddy to play with you..pretty much the same old game... cept better graphics and.....africa....

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
8,5 is about right. GTA 4 shouldn't have gotten 10 though. 9 tops.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

Too low. Less deserving games have scored higher.Floppy_Jim

Agreed

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
idk what happened to gamespot but it seems like its trying to proclaim themselves as a "tougher" rater outta of the other sites. I have lost all faith in gamespot since the jeff incident ever since then their reviews have sucked. It seems like they take pride in giving games a lower score then the average score amoung the other game sites.
Supertramp20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 Supertramp20
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts

10!!!!!!

TheGameCritic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 TheGameCritic
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

well if RE4 got a 9.6, and it got a 10 from GameInformer, then the 5th should at least get a 9 cause i thought it was better. More action, better graphics, and a partner should get it a 9

plagueseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 plagueseason
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

RE4 + Can't move and shoot = OMG GAME OF THE YEAR

RE5 + Can't move and shoot = OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE, LOL WHY WOULD ANY GAME NOT LET YOU MOVE AND SHOOT?!

WeAreVen0m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WeAreVen0m
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts

Ever notice how similar gamespots reviewer scores are to the metacritic score? Hmmm.......

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Probably 9 would be good
Budbrowny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Budbrowny
Member since 2003 • 672 Posts

a wee bit too low i'd like to see a 9.3. i was a bit disapointed with the graphics which are great, but they didnt push the envelope with them like capcom tends to do. The game is fantastic tho amazing details

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

RE5 + Can't move and shoot = OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE, LOL WHY WOULD ANY GAME NOT LET YOU MOVE AND SHOOT?!

plagueseason

LOL, so your comparing a game made in 2005 to game made in 2008 ? nice logic there...by now you should be able move AND shoot in TPS come'n.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="plagueseason"]

ZackerThe3rd

LOL, so your comparing a game made in 2005 to game made in 2008 ? nice logic there...by now you should be able move AND shoot in TPS come'n.

...IDIOT!

my bad.....lol

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
8.5 but it still has a chance of becoming GOTY if you exclude the controls.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="plagueseason"]

ZackerThe3rd

Your saying no TPS made before 2005 let you run and gun?
...IDIOT!

WAIT A MINUTE !...your the idiot what i posted makes sense, i should know by now never to let some dude on GS manipulate my posts lol, i was saying that Capcom should let you have a run n' gun feature by now because all the other games have it, even the ones that were made before RE4.

cosmogenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cosmogenesis
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i'd go with 8.5 but i've never been a massive RE fan
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts

Thought it was right on target. Its a great game, but not super. Graphics are 9.5 but game play is much lower 8.0. Storylinenot like other
Res. games 8.5. Tilt could use some adjustments 8.0. Camera not always where it should be 8.0. Online, with a few tweaks, will make it better, 8.0. It isn't whatRes. fansexpected.

cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

I think RE 5 is right but GTA is too high

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

I would give it an 8! by what i have played so far, i'm up to chapter 3 and so far its like re4 with better graphics, less atmosphere and no puzzles. Its almost like a gears of war type of game it doesn't feel like a resident evil title at all. RE4 kept true to the re formula while RE5 has just ripped it apart and moved completely into the action genre rather than a survival horror game.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Definetly deserves at least a 9.0 this game is so amazing.

therealryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 therealryu
Member since 2004 • 388 Posts

HIGH after playing the demo i got really disappointed its the same game as RE 4 but with better graphics, whats more the only good thing about the game are the graphics, who is stupid enough as not to move when he is aiming?????LOL

jacim91

Ever try actually hitting a target while moving with a heavy metal gun? Really hard, next to impossible. It's more realistic. And it also adds to the idea of saving ammo and being really accurate with your shooting. Although I will agree that it does make it hard for people to get into it after playing a game where you can run full speed spraying wildly like Call of Duty.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sonny360Elite
[QUOTE="therealryu"]

[QUOTE="jacim91"]

Ever try actually hitting a target while moving with a heavy metal gun? Really hard, next to impossible. It's more realistic. And it also adds to the idea of saving ammo and being really accurate with your shooting. Although I will agree that it does make it hard for people to get into it after playing a game where you can run full speed spraying wildly like Call of Duty.

absolutely right. As for these people who keep saying meh it doesn't bring anything new to the table... LOOK AT OTHER GAMESPOT SCORES!!! GTA4-10 Madden09-8 NHL09-9 Call of Duty:World at War-8.5 Halo3-9.5 MGS4-10 Left 4 Dead-8.5 Fifa09-8.5 Resident Evil gets a 8.5??? That's despicable!
xGho5tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xGho5tx
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts
I thought it would've gotten a 9. I'm on chapter 2-2 and loving it so far.
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

I'd say this is a fair rating, it seems somewhat 'lesser' games have scored higher, although how you would compare RE5 against games of other genres seems difficult. I don't own the game personally, but have played through at the houses of friends and from what I've played 8.5 seems about right.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="therealryu"]

[QUOTE="jacim91"]

Sonny360Elite

absolutely right. As for these people who keep saying meh it doesn't bring anything new to the table... LOOK AT OTHER GAMESPOT SCORES!!! GTA4-10 Madden09-8 NHL09-9 Call of Duty:World at War-8.5 Halo3-9.5 MGS4-10 Left 4 Dead-8.5 Fifa09-8.5 Resident Evil gets a 8.5??? That's despicable!

WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPARING RE5 SCORE TO ANOTHER GAMES SCORE IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GENRE ? RE5 got an 8.5 as a "TPS" so what does that have to do with GTA 4 getting a 10 ?

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

low

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

It deserves at least a 9. I just finished it last night and it was a great experience. My only complaint would be the relentless, unnecessary button mashing at the end of chapter 5-3 and most of 6-3.

TheGameCritic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 TheGameCritic
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

I would give it an 8! by what i have played so far, i'm up to chapter 3 and so far its like re4 with better graphics, less atmosphere and no puzzles. Its almost like a gears of war type of game it doesn't feel like a resident evil title at all. RE4 kept true to the re formula while RE5 has just ripped it apart and moved completely into the action genre rather than a survival horror game.

com2006

well i would still say blowing zombie brains out and getting ur head chainsawed off if ur too slow is in the survival horror category. Uncharted is an action game. This is by far not just an action game.

oh and when people say this is RE4 just with better graphics thrn wouldn't the score be at least a little closer to the RE4 score. U know if they are so similar then they should get close scores

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#40 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts

Well like I said before,.. RE5 is nothing new, or amazing about it, if this had came out about a year ago, it would have been difference, but comparing to RE4 .. there really is not that much difference

deeman676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deeman676
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Actually, no it's not at all. What new to the table did Madden or GTA4 bring? Nothing. This game is much more original. I'll let MGS4 slide but that didn't bring anything new to the table either really, a little different story and setting, same as RE5.Sonny360Elite
I am sorry but madden did bring something new like Madden IQ for inexperince player so as to ease new people in. GTA4 actullay did something new for its series like multplayer. RE5 for me felt that it relied to much on RE4 and not try something new except for graphics.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

WAIT A MINUTE !...your the idiot what i posted makes sense, i should know by now never to let some dude on GS manipulate my posts lol, i was saying that Capcom should let you have a run n' gun feature by now because all the other games have it, even the ones that were made before RE4.

What kind of logic is that? Burnout has cars. So Resident Evil should have them, too?
*Ninja_Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 *Ninja_Omega
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Not a bad score.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

nethernova

What kind of logic is that? Burnout has cars. So Resident Evil should have them, too?

all the other shooting games GENIOUS. >_>

10thwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 10thwonder
Member since 2009 • 2031 Posts

[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

DranzarTypeF

all the other shooting games GENIOUS. >_>

You mean "GENIUS"? :P

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

I would say 9 or 9.5. After playing non-stop all weekend I beat it on Veteran and I still find myself going back and trying to unlock everything. I also can't wait for the downloadable multiplayer mode. It is just fun, and the graphics are great. I notice a lot of people said, "after playing the demo" they do not get to factor in the story and the feeling you get when your hiding from 12 lickers.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
In order to be really good, RE5 should have been released one year ago. It would be much more impressing, and we would have less games to compare to (dead space) I really like RE5, but 8,5 is about right.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts

I'd say just right, but these are the same guys that gave MGS4 a 10. I LOVED that game, but couldn't bring myself to finish it more than twice. Right now I'm on my 5th playthrough of RE5 and craving even more. Granted I played MGO for a few hundred hours but I'm sure RE5's multiplayer mode will be nice too. Shame I wont be paying for it (Capcom can bite me with their DLC scams)

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#50 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
There is now a RE5 sticky thread for all RE discussion. Please continue your discussion there! Thanks.