Games you dislike that everyone seems to love.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 0

#1 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

For me, it has to be Mass Effect. I have no idea why people like this game. It is so boring. I think the graphics are good but that's about it. The combat is crappy, the story is ok but not enough to get me to play it. It just seems like a very average game.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#2 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, is a random game in therms of being killed, I dont suck at it, in fact I used to be good when I played it
Hotwire246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Hotwire246
Member since 2004 • 848 Posts
Gears of War. It's just not that good...
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
Gears of War. I won't deny its a good game, but as popular as it is, I just can't get into it. Its all personal taste really, you don't like Mass Effect, I love Mass Effect, a lot of people love Gears of War, I don't.
my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

Call of Duty: WAW

It stunk.

Also, Too Human. Not sure if people really liked that game, the rating on GS wasn't great and a lot of ppl knocked it. I thought, "I'll give it a try. There is a nice core of TH fans maybe it's just a niche game."

Nope - it sucked.

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

Knights of the Old Republic. I... really don't like it. That's why I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like Mass Effect either.

MrNacaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrNacaa
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
I played Fallout 3 on my PC for a few hours. Couldnt get into it, not even a tiny bit.
Sleezinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sleezinator
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts
Fable 2. I bought the special edition because I was crazy about the first fable. Just couldn't get into the second one.... tried hard too. Just no dice, and I'm probably an idiot, but I couldn't figure out how to play multiplayer?
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

COD:WAW

jetgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jetgas
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts

same here mass effect all the same reasons tried hard to like it

beauspyderski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 beauspyderski
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I'm sorry but that game was a spit in the face to all real GTA fans
enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 enix165
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Left 4 Dead, definitely. It's got a terrible plot, if it even HAS one(Escape the zombies...uhhhh...anything else?), I beat one of the four "campaigns" in 40 minutes(so I' assuming it's really short), the enemies have no variety(I saw about 500 generic zombies, one or two with big tongues, several big ones...Tanks?, two fat ones that didn't really seem to be a threat and...that was about it during my playtime. A few zombies crawled too, but I wouldn't consider that its own type of enemy...), the gameplay wasn't stunning in the least and it was pretty ugly IMO(There were a lot of zombies on screen sometimes, maybe that could be an excuse, but it looked like a PS2 game even when there weren't any zombies around)...leave it to Valve to make something everyone likes but me(I didn't like the videos I saw of Team Fortress 2 very much, Portal didn't interest me and Half-Life 2 wasn't terrible, but I didn't like it much either...). =P

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Bioshock, Gears of War, Dota, etc.. and like someone said everyone is comparing gta4 to san andreas. It was an alrigth game, totally overrated. Gta4 is better, thats it. Maybe not as big with planes and all that, but the system, the cover, the aiming, everything was just better.

drgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 drgrady
Member since 2005 • 513 Posts

Gears of War 1 and 2. Played through both games multiple times, and the most fun I ever had with either was playing in coop making fun of everything in the game. Other than graphics, those games feel like a big step backwards in terms of what all you can do compared to other games. So you can chainsaw someone... wasn't that an option in the original Doom? Ok, so now you can chainsaw someone without putting your gun away... woot! What about being able to jump?

beauspyderski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 beauspyderski
DOTA!!! YES. thank you. finally someone else. haha
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts

Call of Duty (Past #2)

I just don't see the appeal of these games anymore. I bought 4 played it and sold it because it was very boring and bland, but I guess that is because I played 1 and 2 on my PC to death.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

DOTA!!! YES. thank you. finally someone else. hahabeauspyderski

Seriously, like it is ok every once in a billion years. But it takes usually around an hour to finish. I never have fun with it, everyone always wants to play it and I work at a lan center so employees want to stay after to play sometimes and I'm just thinking... omg I dont have fun with this game even when doing good. It is just so boring.

kazater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 kazater
Member since 2008 • 649 Posts

sign: DOTA, COD WAW, mass effect, Halo 3, and forza 2.

thx

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#19 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

fallout 3

one of the most boring and bland games ive ever played...and ive been gaming for 20+ years. definitely the biggest disappointment for me this gen.

hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hughami
Member since 2009 • 1045 Posts

i know i'll probaly be flamed for this.........but ive gotta say the halo games :o ! i dont see anything special in them. just average fps games. also all of the C.O.D. games, played quite a few of em and didnt see the big deal. also the guitar hero games and rockband, i have guitar hero 3 and i might get other ones eventually just cuz of new songs..........but i dont get the craze, and having entire sets of instruments like in rockband and the new gt's, i think its a bit too much, why not learn real instruments? i dont get why many people get big egos cuz they can play tons of songs on a game, i know its hard to hit all the "notes", but its just button mashing and is no where near as hard as real instruments. not that im any good at playing real instruments :lol: . thats my 2 cents.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

its like everyone is saying the most popular games on 360...

*ahem*

don't look at my gamertag...thats not call of duty 4:D

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Fallout 3, Mass Effect, COD4, Halo 3

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
What the Eff is DOTA?
drgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 drgrady

Also Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and any other rhythm based games.

protoking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 protoking
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts

Gears of War 2, it was a slap in the face to Gears 1 fans and has OVER 9000! Glitches.

The multiplayer was (and still is) crap and Horde mode was a rip off of what a few games had already did but the reviewers were all like "ZOMG gaiz look at this completly revolutionary feature."

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Fallout 3, Bioshock, Fable 2, Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect, Oblivion.
bleedingsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bleedingsouls
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

Fallout 3, Gears 1 + 2 and COD WaW..

Fallout the idea of it is awesome, just didn't hook me, i donno maybe im weird..Then again I played Oblivion for like 80 hrs over 2 charecters.

Gears 1 and 2, don't see the point thought the frist one was good when i saw it, just woundn't buy them cause once im done the story's i wouldn't touch them (horrible Online IMO)

COD WaW...um back to WW2...and well Treyach..um yeah Infatry Ward makes the better COD games K thx. (COD games I like COD 2 and COD 4, both made by IW) Although I stopped playing COD 4 a while ago online still trying to beat Veteran ATM lol

beauspyderski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 beauspyderski
Rockband and Guitar Hero suck. i dont see whats fun about them. its basically a crappy version of tetris with music and a guitar shaped controller. i thought we were past this.
TheProtecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheProtecter
Member since 2009 • 715 Posts

Oblivion.

SU44IR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SU44IR
Member since 2008 • 665 Posts
Once again, what is DOTA? Can someone not use an acronym for once in their life...
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Boy there is a long list. But on top of them all GTA IV and Halo 3 and halo wars, GTA IV was just so mediocore that it was hard to believe it was made by rockstar. And Halo 3 was just the average shooter. And then Halo wars, a game that is just completely outmatched in every possible way by say any other RTS game thats out there, were you are actually required to defend your supply incomes. In halo wars it is just determining wether you are going to stack resources or build units, as you can't do both properly

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DoomZaW

What the Eff is DOTA?NOD_Grindking

It's not even game, unless your kind of game is made by some fat WC3 freak who thought he could improve an already perfect RTS by turning it into an RPG

By the way thx for reminding me. Gotta add that thing to my "things that needs to be banned" list among with sombreros and root beer

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]What the Eff is DOTA?DoomZaW

It's not even game, unless your kind of game is made by some fat WC3 freak who thought he could improve an already perfect RTS by turning it into an RPG

that dosnt answer my question though, what is DOTA?

is it this?

http://mydotaguide.blogspot.com/2007/11/what-is-dota.html

enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 enix165
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts
Once again, what is DOTA?SU44IR
DOTA is Defense Of The Ancients, a fan-made(I'm pretty sure...but I could be wrong, maybe it was free DLC from Blizzard) game on Warcraft 3. You basically pick a hero and beat up enemies in one of three "lanes" in hopes of getting to the enemy base and blowing it up with your teammates. I never liked it, all the times I played(about 5 times in the 3 years I played WC3 online...=P Too much fun to be had in actually decent games like Wintermaul TD and variations of Footman Wars to be bothered with that junk) I got stuck with whiny 10 year olds who'd teamkill me if I went in their lanes and told me to get my own...too bad there's only 3 lanes and 5 people on each team...=P And too bad the game was insanely overrated and overplayed when there were much better WC3 maps out there(What happened to Bugs Vs. Humans? I used to love that one, and it went dead on me...D=).
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DoomZaW

[QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]What the Eff is DOTA?NOD_Grindking

that dosnt answer my question though, what is DOTA?

Yep that link is DOTA, worst "game" on the planet (hour of victory and Two worlds not withstanding)

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

the gaers of war franchise

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
*gears
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I didn't like Dead Rising. I also don't really like BioWare's games as much as other people do.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
fallout 3 i dont want to feel like im playing an FPS game in an RPG
drgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 drgrady
Rockband and Guitar Hero suck. i dont see whats fun about them. its basically a crappy version of tetris with music and a guitar shaped controller. i thought we were past this.beauspyderski
Only Tetris actually took a bit of thought to place your oddly shaped blocks. There is no thought in pressing a button when the corresponding symbol gets to a certain part of the screen. I'd say it is more like Simon Says.
SU44IR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SU44IR
Member since 2008 • 665 Posts
KoToR. Highly overrated. I hate Jedis. And everything Jedis stand for. Come up with your own lore mmk?
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Gears of War 2 I just dont think think the online is good at all, COD WAW it is more of the same as COD 3 single player and copy and paste of COD4s oline.
qcmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 qcmatt
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

gears of war 2 is just so terrible

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

On 360: Halo 3. ( I enjoyed all three campaigns but never understood why the MP was so great. Over rated imo)

In general: World of Warcraft ( Never appealed to me and never will)

Zandar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zandar88
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Halo - tried Halo 3 - blah - not sure if I even got the first achievement.

Gears - played Gears 2 thru once - had some fun moments - I think driving was the best part of the game - but don't get the popularity.

DotA - why is this even mentioned in a 360 thread?

Most Sporting Games but top of my list is: Baseball, Basketball & Golf - is Golf still a sport?

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

GTA IV! and most other GTA games. personally i think they are fun for a while but get old real quick. REAL QUICK! Halo! (1,2,3) i can tolerate halo but it feels like a kids adventure fps to me. both are good games and i would have liked them better if they were my first time playing them. (meaning 1st time ever playing a gta game or halo game) ROCK BAND and anything like it. i cant get into holding a plastic guitar to play a rhythm/timing game.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#49 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

For me, it has to be Mass Effect. I have no idea why people like this game. It is so boring. I think the graphics are good but that's about it. The combat is crappy, the story is ok but not enough to get me to play it. It just seems like a very average game.

rp108

I can't really get into sports games, racing games, rhythm games or fighting games like Soul Calibur, Street Fighter ect.

hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hughami
Member since 2009 • 1045 Posts
[QUOTE="SU44IR"]KoToR. Highly overrated. I hate Jedis. And everything Jedis stand for. Come up with your own lore mmk?

its not overrated, its not even a 360 game. and i play as a sith :) . greatest rpg ever.