Games with Gold August 2014. Xbone Crimson Dragon & more

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Games with Gold for August 2014 revealed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/28/games-with-gold-revealed-for-august-2014

Xbone 2 free GwG August Metascores =

1. Strike Suit Zero 67/100 (Linky)

2. Crimson Dragon 56/100 (Linky)

Well, I did call that Crimson would eventually be free for Xbone at least. This will put the Xbone's GwG service at 5 total games since launch. These aren't the best of titles, but free is nice.

There was some worry they were going to do what they did last month and reuse a title for this month, but they didn't pull that strange cheapy move again (for those that forgot Max was the free GwG game for June and July). If you still have your 360, you have some higher quality higher quality titles to DL, including one retail game.

360 gets the fairly decent Motocross Madness (73/100) from Aug 1-15, and the fantastic 2012 retail game Dishonored (88/100) from Aug. 16-31.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Yeah not exactly great titles for Xbone... But I'm excited to play Dishonored again.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SolidTy

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yeah not exactly great titles for Xbone... But I'm excited to play Dishonored again.

Yeah, bust out the old 360 and have a go next month. :)

That's the only title I think I'll actually put some playtime in again as I enjoyed it way back.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidTy

Games with Gold predictions for September?

I think Powerstar Golf is coming.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

Hopefully next months games will be better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I got Crimson Dragon a few months ago, and now I wish I'd have waited. Of course, how was I to know I'd have Gold by now?

It wasn't a very good game, but to be fair it had its moments and kept me entertained for a little bit. It had an awful story, the gameplay wasn't that great, and the whole thing really should have been much better than what it was. But Crimson Dragon had some great visuals here and there, the dragon-raising aspect was somewhat cool despite being kind of worthless, and when you do manage to do well on a level there is a sense of satisfaction. I'm also sure the multiplayer is much more fun than the single-player, so this could be a positive if it gets more people playing the game for a while.

Strike Suit Zero, was that any good? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Kinda reminds me of Zone of Enders or Armored Core, or something... From the looks of things... Hey, they could've given us a lot worse!

But yeah... It will probably be more exciting once Games with Gold gives us something like Forza 3 or Ryse.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Strike Suit Zero is ment to be really good! So cant wait for that! and hell I've Crimson dragon is pretty decent too, so I will take it!

H0M3RC1D4L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By H0M3RC1D4L
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

I'll be checking out both titles. I know Crimson Dragon received low reviews, but I loved the Panzer Dragoon series and will still probably find it entertaining, especially considering the price!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Anybody else having trouble with Crimson Dragon? The screen goes black after the title screen....

XboXeR-360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XboXeR-360
Member since 2014 • 53 Posts

next months games will be better.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I own Strike Suit Zero (won it on twitter through @xbox

I downloaded Crimson Dragon

Both games are not my cup of tea, but free is free :D

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#12 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Horrible Games for Gold for August. Just my opinion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidTy

@brimmul777 said:

Horrible Games for Gold for August. Just my opinion.

Yeah, they didn't really try this month. Thinking about it, last month they gave us one game and one repeat from June. They need to get their act together.

These two games mark the 5th "free" GwG games since the November launch. The competition has already rolled out 14 free games.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Strike Suit Zero has been the first decent game for X1 GWG so far IMO.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Ovirew said:

I got Crimson Dragon a few months ago, and now I wish I'd have waited. Of course, how was I to know I'd have Gold by now?

It wasn't a very good game, but to be fair it had its moments and kept me entertained for a little bit. It had an awful story, the gameplay wasn't that great, and the whole thing really should have been much better than what it was. But Crimson Dragon had some great visuals here and there, the dragon-raising aspect was somewhat cool despite being kind of worthless, and when you do manage to do well on a level there is a sense of satisfaction. I'm also sure the multiplayer is much more fun than the single-player, so this could be a positive if it gets more people playing the game for a while.

Strike Suit Zero, was that any good? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Kinda reminds me of Zone of Enders or Armored Core, or something... From the looks of things... Hey, they could've given us a lot worse!

But yeah... It will probably be more exciting once Games with Gold gives us something like Forza 3 or Ryse.

Strike suit zero seemed like it was going to be cool, but the lack of variety in the combat wasn't really enough to make it fun to play. It's pretty, but the dull combat and story left a lot to be desired. Still, for free, I'd try it... you may find something appealing to mastering the rudimentary mechanics.