Game installs on X1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by CreatureRising (1531 posts) -

Is it normal for games to take a while to install if you're playing off disc? I've yet to play anything due to the install required when I first insert a disc.

#2 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

sadly. yes. but you don't need install whole thing

#3 Edited by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

Yeah, but in all honesty it doesn't take THAT long. I know when I was installing AC4 and Ryse earlier today they both together didn't take more then 10 minutes. Which while annoying isn't unbearable to wait for.

#4 Posted by sailor232 (4831 posts) -

Yeah it isnt too much a bother, it's a one off thing and you could always jump on GS forums while it is installing.

#5 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

It took me 20 min to install Ryse Son of Rome.

#6 Posted by CreatureRising (1531 posts) -

I think I learned it wasn't the install that was long, I think it was updates. I saw Dead Rising 3 had a 5GB Update which I believe took a majority of the time.

#7 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

One thing I will say is, I can't see the benefits of doing it. I think I remember it being said that installing them is "Supposed" to help with load times, but Ryse has some freaking long load times, and in some cases Forza 5 does as well. Which makes me wonder how long they would have been if it wasn't installed....

#8 Posted by adders99 (2610 posts) -

yeah its the updates for the games that are the killer. I got forza 5 which needed a 6GB update and that tok for eeeevvvveeerrrr!!!! and then dead rising 3 which needed a 5 GB update.

#9 Posted by DaBrainz (7673 posts) -

The kick in the balls is they still make you put the disc in after they force install on the HD.

#10 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@TwistedShade said:

One thing I will say is, I can't see the benefits of doing it. I think I remember it being said that installing them is "Supposed" to help with load times, but Ryse has some freaking long load times, and in some cases Forza 5 does as well. Which makes me wonder how long they would have been if it wasn't installed....

all the games i have played so far sucks with load times

#11 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

The kick in the balls is they still make you put the disc in after they force install on the HD.

that's what happens when everyone cries about trading used games

#12 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Xbone is as slow as the PS1. I actually threw away the disc after installation being that I thought I wouldn't need it. Just kidding!