"Game entirely in Spanish"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

I live in Mexico, and even though my mother tongue is Spanish, I can't tolerate playing games in Spanish. Maybe it has to do with the fact that since I was a kid, I've been playing all of my games in English, but I seriously despise playing a game in Spanish.

Now, with a stronger presence of the Xbox brand in my country, some Xbox 360 games released here have a seal that says "Juego totalmente en español (Game entirely in Spanish)". My question is, are these games ONLY in Spanish? If my Xbox 360 language settings are English, will the game still be in Spanish only? I noticed only first-party stuff have this seal (Halo, Gears of War, Fable). No one has been able to answer my question here since it seems everyone in Mexico prefers playing games in Spanish, so they don't have a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

@AVIS93: I went to visit family, and played Halo in Spanish, so horrible.

Anyway

The English setting is just the language your xbox gives in navigating the console.

The disk is where it's determined what language it's played in.

Are you sure you aren't playing a pirated game?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I´m also in Mexico, unless the game has the option of other languages if it´s in "X" language then you´ll have to play it in that language even thou your console is set in English. So being in Mexico hope that the game isn´t played in Gachupin Spanish or Argentinian/Uruguayan/Chilean Spanish.

In some games that have the option to allow you to play in other languages seldomly have the option between Gachupin Spanish and Latino Spanish ( Latino really means Mexican ), Spanish means Gachupin.

For downloads it´s the same since the download is provided to the region where you are at it will immediately provide you with the option pre set for discs destined for that region, for example, if you download Gears of War in Mexico ( and you can´t skip it because of the IP adress ) the download will be Latino Spanish. The only way you can skip the "language barrier" is purchasing the games directly from US sources.

Pirated games ( and we mexicans know about pirated games, the tianguis are choked with them ) it´s variable, it can be in either language.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AVIS93

Oh, no, I don't buy pirated games, I'm an anti-piracy kind of consumer. I haven't played any game that is only in Spanish in my region, but I'm worried that the games that have that seal are only in Spanish.

Restricting a game to a single language in a region is the biggest bullshit ever. Are my games VHS cassettes or what? We should be allowed to at least change the language to English, whether it is included on disc or by digital download. I can't believe I'm the only one with that issue. What about, let's say, an American that goes to live to a country in Latin America due to his job or whatever reason and wants to play the newest Halo but it's only available in Spanish?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

You are one customer in a population of millions of customers that don´t like to play a game in it´s native language, they can afford to loose your business.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AVIS93

@raugutcon: Yes, that's totally right. It still infuriates me, though.

CrimsonTriden7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CrimsonTriden7
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

That sucks some games where you live is in spanish only. The developers should allow you to decide which language you want to play it in.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#9 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

Which console are you talking about, on 360 the games with the "juego totalmente en español" seal are, mostly only available in that language (Halo Reach, Fable II, etc.) on Xbox One I found that installing games while the console language is set in spanish, it installs the game in spanish, sometimes you can just change the language setting on the console or game to fix this, other times you have to reinstall the game with the new setting.

sergioreynel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sergioreynel
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

So has anyone figured out this issue because I have the same exact problem and don't want to risk losing my money on junk

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@sergioreynel: This thread is over 10 months old now, bumping old threads is not only against the sites rules but also discouraged so I am now going to lock this. Feel free to create a new thread if you want the question answered. Thank you.