Friday the 13th

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts

So who besides me thinks they should do a Friday the 13th game. I know there's one for the NES but with the remake coming out I think there should be a new game where you play as Jason instead of one of the campers and the point of the game is to of course kill the campers in the most gruesome was you can think of.

You will be able to pick up anything (much like dead rising) and use it to kill those poor campers. The only problem I can think of is the fact that it might be a little short if they do it based on the movie. It would be really hard to stretch it out to be longer then 1:30-2:00. They would also have to have a diffrent killing scene for each weapon and scenario.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Well hopefully there's a way for the campers to escape or beat him. Like instead of can never die Jason he can be killed or stopped. Say they campers shoot him enough in certain parts he's slower/can't attack as fast/not as much damage. To tell you the truth i really wouldn't care i'm not that huge of a fan they've slowly gotten worse over the years and a game would be nothing more than a cash in. If the game has a good length,quality,combat is fun and not repetitive(At least not painfully repetitive),scenarios that actually differ,and at least a good control scheme then hey i'd give it a chance.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
Horrible idea
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
If they managed to do it right, I'd love to. Playing as Jason would be awesome.
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DoMiNiC147
Well hopefully there's a way for the campers to escape or beat him. Like instead of can never die Jason he can be killed or stopped. Say they campers shoot him enough in certain parts he's slower/can't attack as fast/not as much damage. To tell you the truth i really wouldn't care i'm not that huge of a fan they've slowly gotten worse over the years and a game would be nothing more than a cash in. If the game has a good length,quality,combat is fun and not repetitive(At least not painfully repetitive),scenarios that actually differ,and at least a good control scheme then hey i'd give it a chance.craigalan23
Hmmmm I can't think of a way for them to fight back. Maybe the point will be just make sure they don't escape your radar or you fail. Then again Jason does have a pretty big radar.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Well hopefully there's a way for the campers to escape or beat him. Like instead of can never die Jason he can be killed or stopped. Say they campers shoot him enough in certain parts he's slower/can't attack as fast/not as much damage. To tell you the truth i really wouldn't care i'm not that huge of a fan they've slowly gotten worse over the years and a game would be nothing more than a cash in. If the game has a good length,quality,combat is fun and not repetitive(At least not painfully repetitive),scenarios that actually differ,and at least a good control scheme then hey i'd give it a chance.DoMiNiC147
Hmmmm I can't think of a way for them to fight back. Maybe the point will be just make sure they don't escape your radar or you fail. Then again Jason does have a pretty big radar.

Well they should make him so he's strong and can take a lot of punishment but can get injured. Considering the fact that they are at a camp with campers they could use traps,arrows,axes,fire,and etc. Though the AI would have to be pretty smart as well.

choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts
If they managed to do it rightGodofnerdyness
But you know a game like that never will be done right.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 craigalan23

[QUOTE="Godofnerdyness"]If they managed to do it rightchoffy

Very true.

DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DoMiNiC147

[QUOTE="DoMiNiC147"][QUOTE="craigalan23"]Well hopefully there's a way for the campers to escape or beat him. Like instead of can never die Jason he can be killed or stopped. Say they campers shoot him enough in certain parts he's slower/can't attack as fast/not as much damage. To tell you the truth i really wouldn't care i'm not that huge of a fan they've slowly gotten worse over the years and a game would be nothing more than a cash in. If the game has a good length,quality,combat is fun and not repetitive(At least not painfully repetitive),scenarios that actually differ,and at least a good control scheme then hey i'd give it a chance.craigalan23

Well they should make him so he's strong and can take a lot of punishment but can get injured. Considering the fact that they are at a camp with campers they could use traps,arrows,axes,fire,and etc. Though the AI would have to be pretty smart as well.

Yeah and they would each make him do different things like a Bear Trap would cause him to limp a little and as he walks you see the bear trap around his ankle. Fire would burn him and/or melt his mask and would stay that was in till the mask fell off. Stuff like that would be a nice little add-on.
mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts
The closest we have to a Friday the 13th game will be SplatterHouse, unfortunately the videos up on gametrailers.com doesn't look too promising. Hopefully they improve on the final product.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
yes
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

[QUOTE="choffy"][QUOTE="Godofnerdyness"]If they managed to do it rightcraigalan23

Very true.

I think these 3 quotes sum up this topic pretty well...

I'd love to see it, if done right. But it never will be. You'd need a good developer, who is also a hardcore horror movie buff. Someone who has a passion for the genre, and a good idea of how to make it work.

I could see this being done with a "Manhunt" like gameplay...That could work.

N9ne-xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 N9ne-xx
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts
I wouldn't play it either way but eh, aslong as it's not the one from SNES.
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
I don't see any game where you play AS Jason being all that fun... Why? Because he can't really be hurt, so just to make the game fair, too many liberties would have to be taken with the source material. Instead, they should structure the game like left 4 dead, where a group of campers have to fight against Jason. You could have it so a certain number of campers are in the Crystal Lake area, in different scenarios based off of each movie, and they have to defend themselves against Jason until such a time that an event can be triggered to finish Jason off, at least until the next "episode", when he will be inevitably resurrected in some way, to face the next group of campers. They could easily make it so weapons can be found around the environment (pitchforks, bows and arrows, brush saws, machetes, and other mainstays to the Friday the 13th universe), but the weapons can only be used to slow Jason's assault, not to kill him. That would encourage teamwork among members to hold him off long enough to finish him in the finale sequences. That's a rough idea of a game to be sure, but something structured in that way could be fun. I'm personally a huge fan of the series, have been since i was about 11 years old. So really, I hope they don't make a game at all. The NES game still stands out as a hrash reminder of what can go wrong when a Friday the 13th game is made badly. The last thing the franchise needs is another cheap cash-in, to bleed fans who will likely spend money on anything Jason-related. But, if it was handled by the right developers, and was made with the utmost of care and appreciation for the series, then it could work. I just think it would never happen that way. With the new movie just being released, you can almost surely bet that a cash-in is the way the developers would go.
MrPush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrPush
Member since 2008 • 233 Posts
I dont really think they need a friday 13th game but if they did they need to get the creators who made Dead Space to make it... that would be off the hook
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Er, no. Huge fan of the movies, but a game would suck.
ThatManYouKnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 ThatManYouKnow
Member since 2005 • 185 Posts
It would work best if you could be Jason or the campers, some truly epic multiplayer options that way. kind of like being the predator in Farcry multiplayer. Single player would probably play out like Manhunt, which would suck.
robert060294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 robert060294
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts

if the game was like there are six campers and you pick one of them and you could have five friends play with you

and maybe someone could be jason or he is either an ai that be better maybe kinda like silent hill 5

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Worst idea for a game I've seen in a while. Basically you don't want a game with any sort of challenge. You just want to slaughter some people in brutal ways. Pretty sick. You should talk to somebody about it.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Worst idea for a game I've seen in a while. Basically you don't want a game with any sort of challenge. You just want to slaughter some people in brutal ways. Pretty sick. You should talk to somebody about it.nethernova
So if we want to kill someone in a video game, with lots of blood, then we need to talk to someone about it like we're crazy? Well damn, I should be locked up and put in a straight jacket then.
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
Don't see the case in that kind of game, there's already a lot of gory games out there for you to play, check any Soldier of Fortune, GoW 1 and 2, God of War, GTA3, Manhunt, want me to say more?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts
no
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#24 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
If they managed to do it right, I'd love to. Playing as Jason would be awesome.Godofnerdyness
agreed. if they complied all of the movies into campaigns and levels, it would be great. being able to kill them with any weapon you can find. with them being able to kil you, of course. if anyone made that game, it should be made my the guys that create Dead Space :D anyone else agree here?
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts
no, bad idea. i hate games based off of movies....
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
I hear what your saying and for all of those people who don't believe it could happen you just haven't seen it done right yet. There are a lot of concepts that have failed, but only because they were not done right. It would take some talented people who are really into the source material. If you truly care about the material you are working with you would be less likely to just say "Yeah, that will work I guess." Atmosphere would have to play a big role cause you can't have a Friday game without a good Crystal lake setting.
sirkoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sirkoj
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts

Lol! when I voted all the votes were 13!!

...Im doomed arent I...

jav

_Kikode_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _Kikode_
Member since 2008 • 434 Posts

Lol! when I voted all the votes were 13!!

...Im doomed arent I...

jav

sirkoj

When I vote Yes had the most votes so I believe thats your answer.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#29 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
They're coming out with a Jason-ish game called Splatter House.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
That would be just awful.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

They're coming out with a Jason-ish game called Splatter House.one_on_one

again? Do you remember the original Splatterhouse games? they were on TG16 first i think. then eventually ported to the Genesis if i remember correctly.

Deathrow_nzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Deathrow_nzl
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Yes

Sounds like fun, If you can play Jason..

Could Be a cross between Manhunt or metal gear solid & Deer hunter(Except your hunting campers not deer)with assassins creed style graphics..

It should have some chalenge tho like you should have to use Booby traps, & Well placed dead bodys etc to control the directions where the campers run to, & Disable cars & cut phone lines, to prevent anyone escaping or more & more search partys/cops/army guys will come after you & eventually manually to kill you.

Of course it would also need a lot of gore!!