free roaming games.

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by uncripted (4 posts) -
I'm sure there have probably been like thousands of posts like this already, but I wanted to post it anyway. What are your favorite free roaming games for the xbox 360 (or xbox). Mine are Assassin's Creed (the best game in the world), Crackdown, just cause, the godfather, and gta vice city.
#2 Posted by bakingman04 (114 posts) -
I'm sure there have probably been like thousands of posts like this already, but I wanted to post it anyway. What are your favorite free roaming games for the xbox 360 (or xbox). Mine are Assassin's Creed (the best game in the world), Crackdown, just cause, the godfather, and gta vice city.uncripted
' 4 360 id say saints row 1 n gta 4
#3 Posted by CoolSkAGuy (9665 posts) -
Burnout paradise on 360 for a racing game.
#4 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

Burnout paradise on 360 for a racing game.CoolSkAGuy

This,Crackdown,and Fallout 3.

#5 Posted by casket56 (1168 posts) -
burnout paradise, gta4, oblivion (technically freeroam i guess) and Test Drive Unlimited
#6 Posted by CharlyMurphy (461 posts) -
i loved mass effect
#7 Posted by SSBFan12 (11981 posts) -
I'm sure there have probably been like thousands of posts like this already, but I wanted to post it anyway. What are your favorite free roaming games for the xbox 360 (or xbox). Mine are Assassin's Creed (the best game in the world), Crackdown, just cause, the godfather, and gta vice city.uncripted
Assassins creed, Far Cry 2, and Fallout 3.
#8 Posted by bakingman04 (114 posts) -
i like 360 and it has few free roaming exclusives but the multi platform ones are good like saints row, gta, n fallout id like a brand new face to xbox like a fresh exclusive free-roaming adventure that will be a must-own for 360 owners like mario n zelda twilight princess for wii or LittleBigPlanet for PS3. thats just what i would like to see
#9 Posted by II-FBIsniper-II (18067 posts) -
GTA IV by far.
#10 Posted by Aslyum_Beast (975 posts) -

I preferred Saints row 2 and Oblivion.

Saint row 2 was overall just fun and the fact that you could go anywhere on the map was amazing. Try finding the secret developer island on that game and you will understand why i loved it so.

Oblivion is great because not only is it vast, but there is ALOT of dungeons out there waiting to be raided. i think i almost raided 60% of them and it took me a year to do so. Im currently running around as a lvl 49 defense type hero if anyone wants to know.

#11 Posted by KobiiX (3 posts) -
im not sure if this would be called free roaming, but Fable 2!!!!
#12 Posted by haloman92 (2092 posts) -
Crackdown no doubt, very addicting
#13 Posted by vashkey (33763 posts) -
Grand Theft Auto IV. It's about the only one I've played that is a decent length and actually has some god honest replay value(sorry, I don't really think finding a bunch of assorted flags in Assassin's Creed much reason to replay).
#14 Posted by Sw0rDMaN (1219 posts) -
GAT IV, Saints Row, Mercs 1
#15 Posted by bakingman04 (114 posts) -
im not sure if this would be called free roaming, but Fable 2!!!!KobiiX
i think it is kinda free roaming....great game
#16 Posted by XJackTheRippaX (27 posts) -
Every Game listed here so far is awesome
#17 Posted by Yyin9564 (2320 posts) -
^heh there's a reason for that... mine are Burout Paradise... and SR1-2
#18 Posted by KamikazeKoala69 (25 posts) -
skate 2. I guess it'd fit this category right?
#19 Posted by str33t_sold1er (68 posts) -
fable 2 gta sr 1-2
#20 Posted by greedom (347 posts) -
GTA IV by far.II-FBIsniper-II
Definitely.
#21 Posted by dph01 (4 posts) -
Fallout 3, Oblivion and GTA IV
#22 Posted by TOC48 (637 posts) -

Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3.

Those be some awesome games and i recommend to anybody.

#23 Posted by yokofox33 (30198 posts) -
I'll have to go with Fallout 3. Such a fun game.
#24 Posted by ROBBYBEAR1985 (564 posts) -
Has to be Fallout3. Once you get good perks and your criticals are high you become afraid of nothing and the Wasteland becomes your little toy. Plus there is a lot to do when you are still randomly exploring.
#25 Posted by voodooline0110 (452 posts) -
Fallout 3, Obilivion, and GTAIV
#26 Posted by monkhead55 (8 posts) -
wut free roaming game would u suggest that are rated T. btw my favorite free roam game is fable 2
#27 Posted by Unknown_Hero3 (7269 posts) -

Skate 2 :roll:

#28 Posted by Divine-Gamer (48 posts) -

crackdown gets super repetetivebut fable 2 was fun and prototype was ok i also didnt like fallout 3 for some reason

#29 Posted by DarknessLion (2305 posts) -
Fable 2, GTA 4, Far Cry 2, and Fuel
#30 Posted by Shrapnel99 (7143 posts) -

Xbox: Mercenaries Xbox 360: GTAIV, Oblivion, Fallout 3, The Godfather 2, Crackdown, Assassins Creed.

#31 Posted by Letmekilluplz (184 posts) -
Oh there are so many... Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2(I know it will be good), GTA IV, Saints Row 2, and Left for Dead ( Not a sandbox but there is some roaming to it so what the heck)
#32 Posted by gedbyz (604 posts) -

Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Assassins Creed

#33 Posted by uas-2001 (18773 posts) -
Oblivion is just awesome. The sheer size of the world and the content is amazing.
#34 Posted by polarman87 (429 posts) -

Oblivion man i cant wait for the next ES game to come out

#35 Posted by xChris93x (13 posts) -
Oblivion, Fallout 3 and GTA IV, In that order :D
#36 Posted by sukraj (23680 posts) -

Fable 2

#37 Posted by Enraged_Bannana (671 posts) -

fallout 3, oblivion, and the saboteur once it comes out

#38 Posted by Letmekilluplz (184 posts) -
@ everyone who is saying oblivion I liked it but do you agree they need to do something about travel when it takes literally 10 minutes to get where your going if you cant fast travel.
#39 Posted by jackzoid (1 posts) -
Red dead redemption looks good.
#40 Posted by gta4_2112 (3270 posts) -

Xbox 360- GTA IV, Assassin's Creed 2, Saints Row 2, Far Cry 2

Xbox- GTASA and GTA Vice City

#41 Posted by Agent-Zero (6196 posts) -
I love it when ppl bump old threads!
#42 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6038 posts) -
My favorite is Just Cause 2- Simply because the whole map is open from the very beginning, and the 'chute+hook combo can lend some truly epic moments to the game. Otherwise it would be Red Dead Redemption, Mercenaries 2, and GTA4 free roam multiplayer. Never played the GTA4 story mode after the first mission.
#43 Posted by stupid4 (3695 posts) -

Fallout 3

#45 Posted by elmirico (17 posts) -
[QUOTE="Letmekilluplz"]@ everyone who is saying oblivion I liked it but do you agree they need to do something about travel when it takes literally 10 minutes to get where your going if you cant fast travel.

dude, thats why fast travel was invented if theyd make the maps smaller theyd ruin the game ''it takes literally 10 minutes to get from one place to another if you cant fast travel'' if you cant fast travel? you can always fast travel if you cant fast travel it means youre inside a house and once you get outside you can fast travel no offense but im shocked by the stupidity of this comment does it take 10 minutes to walk out of a door and fast travel?
#46 Posted by red-ray (880 posts) -
Ya totally agree on assassins creed. I love red dead redemption too. Oblivion and Fallout 3 were awesome.
#47 Posted by BigGhost_AJT (924 posts) -

Stop me if you've heard this one before: GTA IV and Crackdown

#48 Posted by Jagged3dge (3895 posts) -

BigGhost_AJT

nope never.

#49 Posted by BigGhost_AJT (924 posts) -

[QUOTE="BigGhost_AJT"]

Jagged3dge

nope never.

I know. For good reason though. Also Fallout 3
#50 Posted by TheNormalcyBias (4 posts) -
San Andreas, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Just Cause 2, Assassins Creed 2/Brotherhood, and Red Dead Redemption