Found a deal, need a few opinions!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

Hey guys, a while ago I posted about using a x1 on kinect. I finally found the deal from a friend. A x1 with everything but the kinect and headset for around $350. That's an beautiful price for a next gen. What is your opinion on it? Will the performance drop without kinect? Will I be able to enjoy my next gen experience? (BIG KI , Ryse, and Gears fan)

Thanks a bunch,

Justin

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

That's a great price, I'd be very tempted with that even if it doesn't come with the Kinect (But may I ask why he isn't including the Kinect?) Anyways, I'd say go for it, I've quickly checked on Ebay and couldn't find anyone selling a Kinect on it's own, but I still don't think it matters. You can still use your Xbox One as per normal, but you won't be able to use the features the Kinect has to offer, and on the top left of the home screen it'll show a symbol saying Kinect is disconnected.

If that doesn't bother you, that's a damn steal and I say go for it. Chances are maybe you can ring up Microsoft, make up some sob story and say you need another Kinect, and you could buy one off them. Eventually though, I'm positive they'll start showing up on Ebay. Good luck with your decision, and let me know how it goes.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TurboGraphix

@BattleSpectre said:

That's a great price, I'd be very tempted with that even if it doesn't come with the Kinect (But may I ask why he isn't including the Kinect?) Anyways, I'd say go for it, I've quickly checked on Ebay and couldn't find anyone selling a Kinect on it's own, but I still don't think it matters. You can still use your Xbox One as per normal, but you won't be able to use the features the Kinect has to offer, and on the top left of the home screen it'll show a symbol saying Kinect is disconnected.

If that doesn't bother you, that's a damn steal and I say go for it. Chances are maybe you can ring up Microsoft, make up some sob story and say you need another Kinect, and you could buy one off them. Eventually though, I'm positive they'll start showing up on Ebay. Good luck with your decision, and let me know how it goes.

That was apart of the negotiation. I didn't want the kinect since I have no use for it. If I were to gain the kinect, I would sell it anyways to buy more games. I prefer the games of the Xbox One. I'm mainly excited for Killer Instinct, waited decades for a new version. I also want to play Ryse, the graphics blew my mind since I saw it. Thanks man, I will deff reply on how things went! *crossing fingaz*

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

@TurboGraphix said:

@BattleSpectre said:

That was apart of the negotiation. I didn't want the kinect since I have no use for it. If I were to gain the kinect, I would sell it anyways to buy more games. I prefer the games of the Xbox One. I'm mainly excited for Killer Instinct, waited decades for a new version. I also want to play Ryse, the graphics blew my mind since I saw it. Thanks man, I will deff reply on how things went! *crossing fingaz*

you wouldnt really be able to sell the kinect since every xbox one comes with it... I still dont understand what reason the other person would have for holding onto a kinect by itself...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre

@adders99: The guy probably thinks he can sell it and make some money, even though everyone has a Kinect, I guess someone might need a replacement or something.

Edit: Oops, the OP clearly states that was part of his negotiation to get that price.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

The One won't lose performance without the Kinect, but it might hinder your experience. I like to multitask, so going in and out of the room using voice commands speeds up things. Plus, when I'm going to town on epic bbq wings, pausing/playing tv, bluray or whatever with voice command is crucial to not saucing up my controllers. :P Plus other neat stuff you can do when gaming or navigating. Anyways, if you're not interested in the Kinect now, get the One. It's a lot of fun.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TurboGraphix

@adders99 Believe me, you can sell it. People still buy it, since there are some replacement x1 consoles people are buying. So, maybe people are buying it piece by piece if they get a replacement console.

@BattleSpectre Yup, it was apart of the deal. Honestly, even if it was $400 with the kinect, I would still do it and sell the kinect for extra money for games. It's all about the games man. I'm gonna be playing KI , Ryse and Titanfall for hours lol.

@RoslindaleOne Ok, as long as I won't lose performance. That was one thing I was scared about. That's perfect then. I hear what your saying. When you got the munchies I can EASILY see how the voice commands would come in handy! (Especially wings, great food, very messy lol). Yes, exactly. The kinect was what was stopping me to buy to it, but I really love the games of the x1. So, as soon as I found a deal without one, I had to get it!

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TurboGraphix

@BattleSpectre@RoslindaleOne@adders99 Well, I got everything including the kinect for $400. The kinect is already listed on ebay and is already at $60. I will pick up Ryse and the $20 Combo breaker pack for KI. My review so far is I love this system. You do not need the kinect at all, it runs so smooth. I was right about the kinect, it's a complete waste of time for me, personally. I also got Titanfall. Between playing the F2P version of KI and playing Titanfall, I'd play for about 10 hours straight. Haven't had this much fun on games in a while. Feel free to add me, Thy Inked Saint

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

congrats on the xbox one... its an awesome system!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre

@TurboGraphix: Congrats, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#11 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Dude jump at it! The xbox one is still fairly new and I think its safe to say we wont be saying a price like that for a x1 for a very long time. Kinect is nothing dude, if you're gamer like me that just rocks it out with a good old controller and nothing else than your fine man! **** voice commands man haha, we're gamers playing a video game console with awesome games, thats all that matters! ;)

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@TurboGraphix said:

Hey guys, a while ago I posted about using a x1 on kinect. I finally found the deal from a friend. A x1 with everything but the kinect and headset for around $350. That's an beautiful price for a next gen. What is your opinion on it? Will the performance drop without kinect? Will I be able to enjoy my next gen experience? (BIG KI , Ryse, and Gears fan)

Thanks a bunch,

Justin

thats not that good of a deal. seen a lot of xbox ones without kinect for 300. think a kinect would cost u at least 100 if u needed 1 in the future

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

Yea I'd do a little more negotiating. Titanfall Bundles have been $450. If that game is wroth it to you which it seems it is then that's easily $40 off the price. KInect can be sold for $60 with the headset. In this scenario, you'd get a Brand New XBOX One with Titanfall and 1 month of Gold for $350. You may have to pay tax but not that much different and you get Titanfall with it.