Forza Noob here. Question about Auto/Manual control.

iHave2Fart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iHave2Fart
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts

Now, I played some Forza over the years, but not religiously. I never gave myself a chance to learn how to drive manually instead of have the game do most of the work. Is there going to be a tutorial in Forza Horizon 2 that teaches me how to drive manually? You know, Shift, Brake, etc. on my own? I hear people who can do manual always beat people that do auto online. So I want to learn it.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I don't think there will be a tutorial for this (usually there is just the basic press button 1 to accelerate, 2 to break, 3 to steer and so on). I would suggest playing Forza 5 and practicing in private events or time trials to just learn to use the manual shifting and when to do so. For example getting into higher revs before shifting is the best strategy on a straight, but when you are cornering you should be short shifting and only being in the gear you need to be in going around the corner (with tight corners anyway).

This will not be helpful to hear, but honestly, practice does really help with this. You will need to learn the corners of the tracks and learn how your car handles to get better with the game.

I hope this has helped, if you have other questions please feel free to ask away and I hope you enjoy the new Forza Horizion 2, I can not wait for it to come out!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Agreed, good advice. You can try searching youtube as well to see if there are videos on the subject, but practice is going to be the best teacher. I usually just go automatic because the regular Forza games can be quite challenging without having to worry about gears, but with all the offroad stuff I will definiitely give manual a shot in Horizon 2.....only a few days now.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah practicing on lower class-powered cars is definitely a good idea for learning manual.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

@Garfield360UK: yea that would be good practice. If you get a handle of manual, I would suggest the trying out manual with clutch. You will have even more control of your car during a drift. Nothing like dropping the clutch at a much higher rev and saving your ass from wall crash.