Forza 5's Drivatar system.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by anime-2k3 (2509 posts) -

I have put about 6 hours into Forza 5 and I gotta say Im not a fan of the Drivatar system. It is seems that all Drivatar equals is everyone ramming into me, ramming into each other as they take the corner and/or pushing me off the track. I would much rather have Forza 1's AI system then what they have done with the Drivatar system. I have been going between GT5, Forza 4 and Forza 5 and I gotta say I prefer the AI in those games. I love the driving model in Forza 5. The cars feel fantastic but the Drivatar is just ruining it for me. Is anyone else having the same experience that I am? With that said Im really looking forward to GT6.

#2 Posted by thenephariouson (3953 posts) -

You will find that increasing the Drivatar experience level will remedy these issues as the pushing and shoving becomes less of an issue as the higher the Drivatar level increases the driving skill of the Drivatar cars. You will definitely see a big difference in Drivatar driving styles when their levels are increased, in addition to making each race a LOT more challenging.

#3 Posted by sailor232 (4835 posts) -

@thenephariouson said:

You will find that increasing the Drivatar experience level will remedy these issues as the pushing and shoving becomes less of an issue as the higher the Drivatar level increases the driving skill of the Drivatar cars. You will definitely see a big difference in Drivatar driving styles when their levels are increased, in addition to making each race a LOT more challenging.

I can agree with this, I thought exactly the same as you TC, then I increased the drivatar difficulty and that made the game playable again for me. It is a better challange now as well, also now I get rewarded more.

#4 Posted by rrjim1 (912 posts) -

The Drivatars drive like there real player, you want to see ramming, just do some MP. I call it more of a demolition derby than racing.

#5 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

The handling and sound of the cars are near perfect but the Drivatars are jerks.

#6 Posted by michaelhuntiii (9 posts) -

@anime-2k3: You sound like whinny wimp of the Glee generation - there's a reason I put a 3 on the side of my car and that's because I'm old school like Dale Earnhardt - if you want that limp wristed F1 style bore-fest racing then you can go into the options and turn off Drivatars. However having been playing racing games since Pole Position on the 2600 I can honestly say the Drivatars are awesome and drive how most people drive when you play them in multiplayer.

#7 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Agreed and that's why I adjusted to their driving and now I'm winning quite often. If you gotta drive dirty than you gotta drive dirty!

#8 Posted by magicalclick (22853 posts) -

I have opposite experience. When I have average Drivatars, they are goody goody players. And I just use them as turn-shields. But, when I increase to +20%, they are more aggressive on the turns ramming me instead. I think it is fine since they made top3 a Gold, so, it is not like I have to be number 1.