Forgot my windows live password for xbox live, can I get it back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrippsKeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrippsKeeper
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
For got my windows live password for xbox live and have tried to recover the password and have tried every password ive ever used is there any way to change the password without knowing it or to change the windows live id altogether?
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

try using password recovery on your email account - it should ask you a security question looking for the memorable data you gave it.

Cripps-Keeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cripps-Keeper
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Ive tried that it only allows me to send the question to the account which i cant get on to.

(still CrippsKeeper only for some reason it wouldn't let me on)

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Go to xbox.com and do password recovery.
Cripps-Keeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cripps-Keeper
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Tried it
a_GameSpot_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 a_GameSpot_guy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
lol, i have kind of the same problem. its just that i got a new xbox and my accounts have been corruped, so i cant sign in. some people say that u have to delete the profile and then recover it again but i forgot my password. good luck on ur prob tho, srry i wasnt any help. lol.
pepe51270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pepe51270
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
forgot my password for xbox live
WHITNEY306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WHITNEY306
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
dont know windows live password
culli1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 culli1984
I had a problem like this this. I made my windows live id in 2003. couldn't remember any of the details to do a password recovery. but despite having no help from yahoo or windows live I found a solution that works. I found that if you haven't logged into that email (yahoo/gmail etc) for a long time it gets deleted off their system if it hasn't you can call the provider to have them deleted because its been hacked. then after 3 months of it being deleted it gets removed from there data base. meaning you can make the email again. and because the windows live id is set up separately the windows live password reset will send it to whatever email its registered to. so make sure the new one you make is exactly the same as your old email. it worked for me :)
culli1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 culli1984
I had a problem like this this. I made my windows live id in 2003. couldn't remember any of the details to do a password recovery. but despite having no help from yahoo or windows live I found a solution that works. I found that if you haven't logged into that email (yahoo/gmail etc) for a long time it gets deleted off their system if it hasn't you can call the provider to have them deleted because its been hacked. then after 3 months of it being deleted it gets removed from there data base. meaning you can make the email again. and because the windows live id is set up separately the windows live password reset will send it to whatever email its registered to. so make sure the new one you make is exactly the same as your old email. it worked for me :)
culli1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 culli1984
culli1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 culli1984
I had a problem like this this. I made my windows live id in 2003. couldn't remember any of the details to do a password recovery. but despite having no help from yahoo or windows live I found a solution that works. I found that if you haven't logged into that email (yahoo/gmail etc) for a long time it gets deleted off their system if it hasn't you can call the provider to have them deleted ,just say its been hacked. then after 3 months of it being deleted it gets removed from there data base. meaning you can make the email again. and because the windows live id is set up separately the windows live password reset will send it to whatever email its registered to. so make sure the new one you make is exactly the same as your old email. it worked for me :)
culli1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 culli1984
I had a problem like this this. I made my windows live id in 2003. couldn't remember any of the details to do a password recovery. but despite having no help from yahoo or windows live I found a solution that works. I found that if you haven't logged into that email (yahoo/gmail etc) for a long time it gets deleted off their system if it hasn't you can call the provider to have them deleted ,just say its been hacked. then after 3 months of it being deleted it gets removed from there data base. meaning you can make the email again. and because the windows live id is set up separately the windows live password reset will send it to whatever email its registered to. so make sure the new one you make is exactly the same as your old email. it worked for me :)
culli1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 culli1984
culli1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 culli1984
Avatar image for SilverStream011
SilverStream011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilverStream011
Go to xbox.com, go to sign in and then click "Can't access account?" then do what it says.
Avatar image for jjjaaayyyrroonn
jjjaaayyyrroonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jjjaaayyyrroonn
i forgot my password and it wont let me sign in to my profile
jafo2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jafo2007
Help me please someone anyone, I bought a used xbox about 5 years ago from a little mom an pop gaming store in my town. I wanted it to try out the new game i was reading about which looked pretty cool(Blue Dragon). I didnt know what the whole profile thing was about as i had always played with ps2 before this which had no such thing. I thought nothing of the fact that there was an existing profile and just began playing this game. I enjoyed it more than i thought and began my new obsession of playing pretty much any game out there. Fast forward 5 years and several thousand dollars spent later(on games, DLC's and other things) my fiancee decides to splurge and buy me the new L.E. Halo 4 xbox so that i had more room to store my non stop gaming obsession. I get my new toy home and with a little time and effort get all the data transferred over from the old system to the new one. When i go to start it up it asks me for the password to my profile something it has never done before. Here is now my problem i dont know the password. I have never known the password. I just have been using this account to play my games and have fun online with my friends spending money as i needed to to get the newest DLC's and such for all the games that i play. Now i cant get into this account I have 1600 points waiting to be spent i have 3 months of active account to play with as well as more. HOW DO I GET BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME Mark Rowe Formerly(as of right now):Jafo2007
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#19 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

to jafo2007

... This is why you link your email to other email AND add phone number to the account for passward recovery

the only way i can think of a way is if MS can comfirm through credit card but can't promise anything...