Following 343's progress for Halo:MCC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

This appears to be the best place to keep track of the progress the developer is making in improving the online matchmaking experience for Halo: MCC, in case anyone is interested. The latest post from this morning states they are on track to release a new update later this week:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Another new "MCC updates/fixes" thread.

Since one thread is not enough to contain how many bugs plague the Singleplayer and Multiplayer once the game shipped, at this rate we should shoot for 343 individual threads about 343 fixing the MCC Halo when this is all said and done.

I've said this before, but I'm looking forward to when 343 finishes ALL the updates/fixes for all the bugs so I can open my copy of MCC worry free. I run into any issues/bugs in my games, I tend to just not play them again. I just have a low tolerance for bugs which means sometimes I wait for various patches to release before buying a game.

The thing is this is 1st party Halo and M$ has the loads and loads of money, this game should never have shipped in the state it was released in. I expected as much with Ubisoft or EA, but this is Halo and it's a 1st party mega-title.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Since one thread is not enough to contain how many bugs plague the Singleplayer and Multiplayer once the game shipped, at this rate we should shoot for 343 individual threads about 343 fixing the MCC Halo when this is all said and done.

I've said this before, but I'm looking forward to when 343 finishes ALL the updates/fixes for all the bugs so I can open my copy of MCC worry free. I run into any issues/bugs in my games, I tend to just not play them again. I just have a low tolerance for bugs which means sometimes I wait for various patches to release before buying a game.

The thing is this is 1st party Halo and M$ has the loads and loads of money, this game should never have shipped in the state it was released in. I expected as much with Ubisoft or EA, but this is Halo and it's a 1st party mega-title.

I doubt they'll fix every little issue in the game, you'll still find bugs and glitches just like in any game. As long as they fix the main issues I may consider picking this up.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidTy

@BattleSpectre said:

@SolidTy said:

I doubt they'll fix every little issue in the game, you'll still find bugs and glitches just like in any game. As long as they fix the main issues I may consider picking this up.

Yeah, I posted in the picture above, I already own it...and I can deal with a few minor issues like any game (although I've played many many games with very little - no bugs in my play-throughs). I wanted to bust MCC open on the day of, but now with people getting refunds on MCC and all the issues I've kept up on the game, I'm apprehensive.

I know myself, if huge glaring issues hit me I know I'll just retire the game, sometimes I just sell them. I'm old-school so I know others can't relate and will press on. My backlog is so huge, I just move from game to game so fast. If I lose a few hours of progress, I just stop playing as I find that very aggravating. I know others can deal with that stuff better, but for me I just pop another game in. I've had it happen the last few decades and it kills it for me. I agree with you though, as long as they fix the main issues. I want a pretty smooth experience and I'll wait as long as I can for that kind of play-through.

Basically, I want the play-throughs I already had when I beat Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 multiple times. When and if the game can do that, I'm good. I've been tracking the progress like a hawk and listening to the fans enduring the problems very closely.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Well I've pretty much lost track with this game, didn't they release another patch yesterday? Certainly it should of been fixed by now.........

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@SolidTy said:

T

I'm doing the same thing. No touching till I know it's fixed, and I can actually have a good time with the game. I'm looking forward to it. For now I'm gonna enjoy Dragon Age, GTA5 and soon destiny first Expansion Pack. I got lot of games lol

I'm still pissed at the fact that I got Assassin's creed, Driveclub and Halo MCC, all games shipped broken.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidTy

@dhmatt90 said:

@SolidTy said:

I'm doing the same thing. No touching till I know it's fixed, and I can actually have a good time with the game. I'm looking forward to it. For now I'm gonna enjoy Dragon Age, GTA5 and soon destiny first Expansion Pack. I got lot of games lol

I'm still pissed at the fact that I got Assassin's creed, Driveclub and Halo MCC, all games shipped broken.

2014 was an exceptionally poor year in terms of games shipping unfinished and buggy.