FEAR 2 Ending is HORRIBLE ****SPOILERS****

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

So, I was bored last week and decided to trade in some of my old games. I was interested in FEAR2 and was able to get the first one for 15 bucks so I picked up both. The first one was great, if a bit repetitive. The second one was even better. All the way up to the ending. The whole game is awesome and leads up to what I thought would be a fantastic, explosive conclusion. After all, the last chapter is entitled Climax and there is quite a big lead up to the final showdown. Except there is no showdown. There isn't even a boss fight. I stayed up until 3 AM to see my guy put his hand on Alma's pregnant belly? That's it? Maybe it is supposed to be a cliff hanger, but FEAR 2 has to have the biggest WTF ending I have ever come across in gaming. You don't even get to fight Alma. It seems like more and more devs are taking this lazy approach to wrapping up their games, and it is really starting to annoy me. I guess I will have to wait another 3 years for FEAR 3 and another stupid, meaningless ending. Aaargh.

monkey_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 monkey_monger
Member since 2005 • 3096 Posts
Getting raped by Alma and finding out you are having a kid with her is not enough for you? What more could you need! Also The Climax imo refers to both the ending an the fact you just got raped.
l33isb345t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 l33isb345t
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts
Thats got to be the funniest ending to any game ever. And in FEAR2? That makes it twice as funny! :p
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sixgears2
Wait, wait, how do you know she raped you? I'm not sure I got that impression. And even if that was the case, my original statement still stands: WTF I wanted to kill her, not impregnate her. And how do you impregnate a dead chick's mind? Makes no sense.
monkey_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 monkey_monger
Wait, wait, how do you know she raped you? I'm not sure I got that impression. And even if that was the case, my original statement still stands: WTF I wanted to kill her, not impregnate her. And how do you impregnate a dead chick's mind? Makes no sense. sixgears2
Seemed pretty obvoius to me. She didnt want to kill you, just have your sperm for some reason. I knew it wasnt going to be the end and hoped that it wasnt, I want another! Not sure about the last bit tbh, didnt follow the story too much so...
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sixgears2
[QUOTE="sixgears2"]Wait, wait, how do you know she raped you? I'm not sure I got that impression. And even if that was the case, my original statement still stands: WTF I wanted to kill her, not impregnate her. And how do you impregnate a dead chick's mind? Makes no sense. monkey_monger
Seemed pretty obvoius to me. She didnt want to kill you, just have your sperm for some reason. I knew it wasnt going to be the end and hoped that it wasnt, I want another! Not sure about the last bit tbh, didnt follow the story too much so...

Yeah... Alma is definitely dead, I think one of the characters even says that her body stopped but her mental influence kept going (whatever that means). And when did she rape you? When you are fighting with that guy that was following her and it keeps panning to her beating on you? I don't know, man, that seems like a wierd conclusion to me. I took it as there is still another prototype out there that they didn't take away from her....and maybe your guy is it? God, an ending should not be this confusing.
monkey_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monkey_monger
[QUOTE="monkey_monger"][QUOTE="sixgears2"]Wait, wait, how do you know she raped you? I'm not sure I got that impression. And even if that was the case, my original statement still stands: WTF I wanted to kill her, not impregnate her. And how do you impregnate a dead chick's mind? Makes no sense. sixgears2

Yeah... Alma is definitely dead, I think one of the characters even says that her body stopped but her mental influence kept going (whatever that means). And when did she rape you? When you are fighting with that guy that was following her and it keeps panning to her beating on you? I don't know, man, that seems like a wierd conclusion to me. I took it as there is still another prototype out there that they didn't take away from her....and maybe your guy is it? God, an ending should not be this confusing.

Haha yeah! The woman who killed the woman at the end did say something about keeping Alma, so I assumed that she must be real in some sort of physical form. Also about when the rape happened, it looked like you woke up from a long slumber just before it to me but I could be wrong.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Good thing there is an underrated online (:
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sixgears2
[QUOTE="sixgears2"][QUOTE="monkey_monger"] Seemed pretty obvoius to me. She didnt want to kill you, just have your sperm for some reason. I knew it wasnt going to be the end and hoped that it wasnt, I want another! Not sure about the last bit tbh, didnt follow the story too much so...monkey_monger

Haha yeah! The woman who killed the woman at the end did say something about keeping Alma, so I assumed that she must be real in some sort of physical form. Also about when the rape happened, it looked like you woke up from a long slumber just before it to me but I could be wrong.

Well you wake up in that chair/pod thing and she is pregnant all of a sudden, but I'm not sure the kid is supposed to be yours...I think that Genevieve lady is talking about Alma's mental projection or something, because the other guy (the one who gets his head ripped off in the labs underneath the school) says that Alma's heart stopped beating but her mind kept going. Plus Alma looks like a corpse most of the time.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#10 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts
Maybe you did'nt get raped maybe she looks pregers because you are one of her children.
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sixgears2
Maybe you did'nt get raped maybe she looks pregers because you are one of her children.KamikazeDonut
I like this analysis... but I still think the ending SUCKS
wituckius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wituckius
Member since 2004 • 86 Posts

You could clearly hear Alma have an orgasm while you were fighting the telepath she was apparantly absorbing. Maybe she has developed more of a physical body due to absorbing other telepaths. I don't know. If her mental abilities kept her going, why wouldn't she be able to build her reproductive abilites back up in some supernatural way?

I thought the ending was cool becasue it was really weird. I thought it fit well enough. Alma was pissed off that her kids were taken away from her and she was left for dead. She wanted a baby, and, well, the protagonist had really good telepathic abilities, so this might have made it easier for . . er. . . Alma to become impregnated given her form at the time, so Alma raped the protagonist.

wituckius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wituckius
Also, while your fighting (I forget his name) you could see the time passing very quickly by looking at the clock by the switch. So, no, the protagonist is not her child.
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sixgears2
[QUOTE="wituckius"]

You could clearly hear Alma have an orgasm while you were fighting the telepath she was apparantly absorbing. Maybe she has developed more of a physical body due to absorbing other telepaths. I don't know. If her mental abilities kept her going, why not her reproductive abilities?

I thought the ending was cool becasue it was really weird. I thought it fit well enough. Alma was pissed off that her kids were taken away from her and she was left for dead. She wanted a baby, and, well, the protagonist had really good telepathic abilities, so this might have made it easier for . . er. . . Alma to become impregnated given her form at the time, so Alma raped the protagonist.

I thought those were just fighting sounds.... and besides, knowing how sex works I doubt that our protagonist would have been able to.....perform while fighting a zombie, freak version of his buddy. And somehow I doubt that her sex organs carried on without her body like her mind did........I don't know. I don't think I buy the rape theme.
wituckius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wituckius
[QUOTE="wituckius"]

You could clearly hear Alma have an orgasm while you were fighting the telepath she was apparantly absorbing. Maybe she has developed more of a physical body due to absorbing other telepaths. I don't know. If her mental abilities kept her going, why not her reproductive abilities?

sixgears2

I thought those were just fighting sounds.... and besides, knowing how sex works I doubt that our protagonist would have been able to.....perform while fighting a zombie, freak version of his buddy. And somehow I doubt that her sex organs carried on without her body like her mind did........I don't know. I don't think I buy the rape theme.

Fighting sounds? Play the ending again. She's clearly making sounds indicating she's having an orgasm.

Also, She can kill people by just thinking it. Don't you think she would be able to get the protagonist to perform?

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
I don't think the ending sucked at all. Alma was very smart luring your teamate so she would have something to distract you with while she got what she needed from you (baby!). The teamate obviously knew this when screaming "why can't she take me!" etc. By the end, the damage was done and Alma was none the happier she tricked you and your teamate. A twofer.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Getting raped by Alma and finding out you are having a kid with her is not enough for you? What more could you need! Also The Climax imo refers to both the ending an the fact you just got raped.monkey_monger

WHAT?!?!....WOW. lol

wituckius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wituckius
Oh, and at the end of the first FEAR, Alma's physical form is released when her dad opens her container. So her physical form continues to exist in some strange way.
Avatar image for a_beautiful_lie
a_beautiful_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 a_beautiful_lie
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts

Climax = the thing before the resolution. There's going to be a third game which resolves everything.

I actually felt just the opposite. I thought FEAR 2 wasn't that good, but liked the ending. I thought it explained some of the plot that was more or less paper thin. And the stuff aside from Alma, like Armacham and Genevieve was bad.

ihopNESS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ihopNESS
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

[QUOTE="sixgears2"]Wait, wait, how do you know she raped you? I'm not sure I got that impression. And even if that was the case, my original statement still stands: WTF I wanted to kill her, not impregnate her. And how do you impregnate a dead chick's mind? Makes no sense. monkey_monger

lol ghost babies:lol:

masterchef56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 masterchef56
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts
Hilarious!
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sixgears2
[QUOTE="wituckius"][QUOTE="sixgears2"][QUOTE="wituckius"]

Fighting sounds? Play the ending again. She's clearly making sounds indicating she's having an orgasm.

Also, She can kill people by just thinking it. Don't you think she would be able to get the protagonist to perform?

I think this thread has become a lot weirder than I had anticipated....lmao
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
I think that getting raped by a corpse is an apt metaphor for the horrible ending.
sk8jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sk8jim
Member since 2004 • 1439 Posts
She raped his mind like the ending raped yours.
m7oda10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 m7oda10
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts
Maybe It's Keegan Who made her pregnant ....didn't think about that didn't you
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
[QUOTE="monkey_monger"][QUOTE="sixgears2"] And when did she rape you? When you are fighting with that guy that was following her and it keeps panning to her beating on you?sixgears2

Yup that's when it happends when you fight Keegan. She makes her self look "pretty" and is about to kiss you and gives you this "vision" you can call it of you fighting Keegan and turning on that device, and sometimes you see flashes of Alma in front of you moaning so I think it's pretty obvious that she raped you and that the baby is yours because she wants you to feel her stomach.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KamikazeDonut

[QUOTE="sixgears2"][QUOTE="monkey_monger"][QUOTE="sixgears2"] And when did she rape you? When you are fighting with that guy that was following her and it keeps panning to her beating on you?ZimpanX

Yup that's when it happends when you fight Keegan. She makes her self look "pretty" and is about to kiss you and gives you this "vision" you can call it of you fighting Keegan and turning on that device, and sometimes you see flashes of Alma in front of you moaning so I think it's pretty obvious that she raped you and that the baby is yours because she wants you to feel her stomach.

Maybe she was showing you how you were created and maybe she got you to touch her tummy because she wanted you to know that you were one of her children.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZimpanX

[QUOTE="ZimpanX"][QUOTE="sixgears2"][QUOTE="monkey_monger"][QUOTE="sixgears2"] And when did she rape you? When you are fighting with that guy that was following her and it keeps panning to her beating on you?KamikazeDonut

Maybe she was showing you how you were created and maybe she got you to touch her tummy because she wanted you to know that you were one of her children.

You don't play as "Pointman" ( Son/Protype #1 ) in Fear 2, and I cannot recall seeing any hints or info about there being a third child (correct me if I'm wrong) . Sgt. Becket (The guy you play as here) does however have just as high telephatic levels as Paxton Fettel (Son/Prototype #2, now deceased).
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KamikazeDonut
You never know Monolith might just throw a curve ball at us.
Xternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#30 Xternal
Member since 2005 • 530 Posts
Yeah sounds kinda crap, but also sounds sickening :|
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 TechtRonin07
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts
whatever the case monolith did a terrible to sub-par job at conveying the story, quick flashes of a naked alma in a blue dream world frantically spliced with shooter sequences involving the spectre of a dead colleague is not the route most people would go. Now what? Alma's ghost is supposed to give birth to some super telepathic ghost baby? I'm sure more nuclear explosions are needed.
koichixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 koichixx
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Lol Thats Kinda Funny
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
When I first beat the game and saw the ending, I hated it! I didn't think it was great. It's the way Stokes died (for no reason really) and it was the cliffhanger ending that I hated. It's the fact that none of the questions at the end were really answered. However, now that I saw the ending again on youtube, I kind of understand it a little more. Reading everyone's posts has also gave some perspective as well. So the ending wasn't as bad as I thought. But I still hated how it was again another cliffhanger ending. I was expecting something more in the end.
MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#34 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
those flashbacks you see everytime you kill that possessed guy is her riding you and "climax" does refer to the games ending and the fact both you and her orgasm. Babys yours.
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sixgears2
whatever the case monolith did a terrible to sub-par job at conveying the story, quick flashes of a naked alma in a blue dream world frantically spliced with shooter sequences involving the spectre of a dead colleague is not the route most people would go. Now what? Alma's ghost is supposed to give birth to some super telepathic ghost baby? I'm sure more nuclear explosions are needed.TechtRonin07
Amen to this. Fortunately the shooting is some of the best around and the atmosphere is generally pretty good, but I could have used a little more explanation in the story department outside of radio chatter and the occasional unclear scripted event.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZimpanX
but I could have used a little more explanation in the story department outside of radio chatter and the occasional unclear scripted event.sixgears2

You'll get more out of the story if you read the documents, would have prefered phone messages instead like in the first game though.
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TechtRonin07
[QUOTE="TechtRonin07"]whatever the case monolith did a terrible to sub-par job at conveying the story, quick flashes of a naked alma in a blue dream world frantically spliced with shooter sequences involving the spectre of a dead colleague is not the route most people would go. Now what? Alma's ghost is supposed to give birth to some super telepathic ghost baby? I'm sure more nuclear explosions are needed.sixgears2
Amen to this. Fortunately the shooting is some of the best around and the atmosphere is generally pretty good, but I could have used a little more explanation in the story department outside of radio chatter and the occasional unclear scripted event.

I love the shooting segments, the guns just feel awesome, probably the best sniper rifle in a game.
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

There's some info here: http://fear.wikia.com/wiki/3rd_Prototype

Don't know whether it's true or not though.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Good thing there is an underrated online (:kozzy1234
Am I the only one who thought the multiplayer was mediocre? Maybe its only me, but I havent played any multiplayer game since Call of Duty 4 that I thought was amazing.
DodgeViper96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DodgeViper96
Member since 2005 • 76 Posts

This baby is going to be so ridiciously strong with its telepathic powers.

Anyway who wouldn't want that hot sexy body of Alma's... That long black silky hair and her pale skin and her freakishly huge lips.... O baby gimme some of that!! I mean c'mon it was so kinky he was tied to a chair and basically was getting raped and mind raped at the same time.

Puncherjoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Puncherjoe2
Member since 2006 • 2804 Posts
Remember how they said she was going to "absorb" you? What if that, as sick as it is, is how she absorbs you? You are in fact the baby, or more accurately your conscience is the baby. Your Body is just a Vegetable. Thats My Opinion at least
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TechtRonin07
Remember how they said she was going to "absorb" you? What if that, as sick as it is, is how she absorbs you? You are in fact the baby, or more accurately your conscience is the baby. Your Body is just a Vegetable. Thats My Opinion at leastPuncherjoe2
That's pretty good. Damn this ending has really got people talking.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#43 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Am I the only one who thought the multiplayer was mediocre? Maybe its only me, but I havent played any multiplayer game since Call of Duty 4 that I thought was amazing. Morning_Revival
Yeah the multiplayer was a major disappointment. On topic, enjoyed the singleplayer game, but thought the ending was weak too. Actually in general the final chapter as well.
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

I thought that she was only dead in body, but her mind keeps her body alive as well. I'm also pretty sure that she rapes you considering she bounces up and down on you then she's instantly pregnate. Also kind of funny because if you play it again, you realize that the whole time she wasnt ttrying to kill you, but seduce you. IMO it's one of the best, most creative, endins i've seen in a while.

Puncherjoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Puncherjoe2
Question is "What's the consequences of this....baby?" I know it won't be good
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KamikazeDonut
[QUOTE="Puncherjoe2"]Remember how they said she was going to "absorb" you? What if that, as sick as it is, is how she absorbs you? You are in fact the baby, or more accurately your conscience is the baby. Your Body is just a Vegetable. Thats My Opinion at leastTechtRonin07

Maybe that was the purpose of the ending.
Puncherjoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Puncherjoe2
W
[QUOTE="TechtRonin07"][QUOTE="Puncherjoe2"]Remember how they said she was going to "absorb" you? What if that, as sick as it is, is how she absorbs you? You are in fact the baby, or more accurately your conscience is the baby. Your Body is just a Vegetable. Thats My Opinion at leastKamikazeDonut

Wanna kno why I hate my interpertation ending a little right now? I'll put it in terms that will scare us all. You Slept with someone.... And now they're your child! ZOMG!!
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sixgears2
[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"] Am I the only one who thought the multiplayer was mediocre? Maybe its only me, but I havent played any multiplayer game since Call of Duty 4 that I thought was amazing. mrgab
Yeah the multiplayer was a major disappointment. On topic, enjoyed the singleplayer game, but thought the ending was weak too. Actually in general the final chapter as well.

I agree. It's strange considering how good the rest of the game was, though.
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TechtRonin07

[QUOTE="TechtRonin07"][QUOTE="Puncherjoe2"]Remember how they said she was going to "absorb" you? What if that, as sick as it is, is how she absorbs you? You are in fact the baby, or more accurately your conscience is the baby. Your Body is just a Vegetable. Thats My Opinion at leastKamikazeDonut

Indeed. It's beginning to seem more and more like monolith had a great idea but were ambivalent where to take it after the big twist, opting instead to cut it short and wait for forums like this to erupt with possible answers to their crazy story of intangible ghost rape. It's possible the next game is within this forum. Hey monolith give us another villain like paxton fettel, the special forces chump was lame and so was his big confrontation.

Puncherjoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Puncherjoe2

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"][QUOTE="TechtRonin07"] That's pretty good. Damn this ending has really got people talking.TechtRonin07

Indeed. It's beginning to seem more and more like monolith had a great idea but were ambivalent where to take it after the big twist, opting instead to cut it short and wait for forums like this to erupt with possible answers to their crazy story of intangible ghost rape. It's possible the next game is within this forum. Hey monolith give us another villain like paxton fettel, the special forces chump was lame and so was his big confrontation.

Not lame. He was just no where near the awesomeness of Fettel. And I had best see some checks from this Monolith.