Fallout New Vegas Vault 22 quest trouble

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Majr_Gamer_819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Majr_Gamer_819
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

Hey...I'm currently helping the researcher inside of Vault 22. She wants me to ignite a gas that blows up a bunch of mutants. Whenever I ignite it, the flames move too fast for me so I wind up dying. I looked on YouTube and saw everyone ignite the gas with a frag grenade, so I tried to exit the vault to grab some, and the door is locked, so I'm pretty much screwed. Can anyone help me? I need to ignite the gas (and live) without using the frag grenade, or if I can find a way out of the vault; any help appreciated.

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Hey...I'm currently helping the researcher inside of Vault 22. She wants me to ignite a gas that blows up a bunch of mutants. Whenever I ignite it, the flames move too fast for me so I wind up dying. I looked on YouTube and saw everyone ignite the gas with a frag grenade, so I tried to exit the vault to grab some, and the door is locked, so I'm pretty much screwed. Can anyone help me? I need to ignite the gas (and live) without using the frag grenade, or if I can find a way out of the vault; any help appreciated.

Majr_Gamer_819

Do you have any fire based weapons? like the incenerator?

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Maybe you can kill the girl and it'll unlock? Or maybe you can sneak and steal the key or something from her? I did it all with a grenade.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

Do you have a Laser weapon? They work.

jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
the researcher you are trying to help has some frag grenades in a suitcase (or duffle bag) in the room where she is sitting that are yours for the taking.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I had a grenade launcher with me. There is a closeable door near the vents so I went in that room. I told the door to close and then shot off a grenade before it closed all the way. It bounced near the vents and the fireball barely missed me like the dog in ID4.
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Majr_Gamer_819

*** Potential Spoiler *** If you are doing this as part of a quest for the scientist in McCarron (as opposed to randomly discovering the Vault) then the room where you download the data is the answer, enter the room and stand real close to the door controls, fire any weapon out the door and close the door using the control panel as quick as you can and the door closes to shield you from the blast.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="Majr_Gamer_819"]

TTDog

*** Potential Spoiler *** If you are doing this as part of a quest for the scientist in McCarron (as opposed to randomly discovering the Vault) then the room where you download the data is the answer, enter the room and stand real close to the door controls, fire any weapon out the door and close the door using the control panel as quick as you can and the door closes to shield you from the blast.

This is the answer!

Avatar image for mnslabcrappie10
mnslabcrappie10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 mnslabcrappie10
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

In the room where Keely is, there is a duffle bag near the door with 6 frag grenades. Just use them to ignite the fire at the same time closing the door before the flames get you.

misfourtune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 misfourtune
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
ive done all that, surived and gone back to talk to her, she just sits there and im still locked in any tips? oh and i picked her pocket she dosent have the key.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I move into the computer room with a long fuse dynomite. I thought the stick and closed the door.