EA coming out with a console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

teletran0n3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 teletran0n3
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts
Anyone heard about this?
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Yeah i have. Its just some idea that a couple writers thought of. Its not even close to being a rumor.
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
Yeah I heard of it, in the RUMOR column in GI... MS will buy them out
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
no lol
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i hope MS buys them out
dandyman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 dandyman94
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

Ive not heard any thing about this? is it really going to happen?

:roll:

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
wow why try when no one likes them
Wik_Wanderlust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wik_Wanderlust
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts
Assuming they made a console (a HUGE assumption), and assuming they purchase T2 (a not so huge assumption), that console would pretty much have the sports market nailed down. That would be a pretty nice advantage, I think. It's doable, but it would be a longshot due to gamers perception of EA, and I think the market is pretty much full with three consoles.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

sega dream cast?

i think there r enough consoles right now, and i have barely beaten any of the games that i play.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
that system well lick balls, it well just be for money off the system and all the games would suck
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
haven't heard anything
aduana69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 aduana69
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts
My opinion is that EA will not interfere with MS business. Look what happened to Sega
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Its just a couple writers speculation about why EA was trying to buy up all these developers. Its an interesting theory, but really, this is the first time that all 3 major consoles have a strong following. EA would be making a mistake to try and enter the race now. Anybody would.
dcyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dcyple
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts
if anything Sega should come back with a gaming console,if you think about it the dreamcast was the 1st console that pushed arcade quality graphics back in 2000.not too mention the ps2 didn't even touch the d.c until devil may cry 1.just a thought
dcyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dcyple
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts
sega may have a chance,they started the next generation of gaming,the dreamcast!!!oh yes.....in the near future my friends
Its just a couple writers speculation about why EA was trying to buy up all these developers. Its an interesting theory, but really, this is the first time that all 3 major consoles have a strong following. EA would be making a mistake to try and enter the race now. Anybody would. DZBricktop
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
I think there's more of a chance of Apple or Sega coming out with a console than EA.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

sega dream cast?

i think there r enough consoles right now, and i have barely beaten any of the games that i play.

iam2green

dream cast 2 :P, lol idk, i heard about this in Game Informer (in think the last issue) seeing as their trying to monopolize the business they might as well push out there own console

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
lol whats the point. I wont buy it, thats for sure.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
i hope that DOES happen so that the 360 and PS3 wont get anymore crappy games :O
Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts

I think if EA were to do a console, it wouldn't be successful and I'm also of the opinion that they do not really care about gamer's perception of them in regards to developing and publishing quality titles. I'm not even sure if they'll care in the future because the more developers they buy up, the cookie cutter games they can publish, and they probably think quantity will outweigh quality in terms of sales. Eventually, if this trend continues, gamers will have to boycott EA games in general to make them care about what they're releasing. I didn't like the fact that they bought Bioware and buying Take 2 is just as horrifying. Hopefully they don't try going for Bungie and Bethesda as well. That would just make things A LOT worse in the gaming industry. When is there going to be a line drawn in regards to how big EA and Activision are allowed to get???

teletran0n3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 teletran0n3
Member since 2008 • 311 Posts

I think if EA were to do a console, it wouldn't be successful and I'm also of the opinion that they do not really care about gamer's perception of them in regards to developing and publishing quality titles. I'm not even sure if they'll care in the future because the more developers they buy up, the cookie cutter games they can publish, and they probably think quantity will outweigh quality in terms of sales. Eventually, if this trend continues, gamers will have to boycott EA games in general to make them care about what they're releasing. I didn't like the fact that they bought Bioware and buying Take 2 is just as horrifying. Hopefully they don't try going for Bungie and Bethesda as well. That would just make things A LOT worse in the gaming industry. When is there going to be a line drawn in regards to how big EA and Activision are allowed to get???

Lance_Kalzas

Well put. I agree.

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
[QUOTE="Lance_Kalzas"]

teletran0n3

Well put. I agree.

so i guess an all out boy-cots is going to be inevitable and i was looking foreword to dead space