"Drivatar" style system announced for Killer Instinct

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

This is cool, Gamespot reports an upcoming new game mode called "Shadows" that allows you to fight against digital representations of other human players, kind of like the drivatar system in Forza. I'm not sure if this has been done before in a fighting game, but it sounds cool. The new character coming at the end of march looks creepy though.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-killer-instinct-playable-character-game-mode-r/1100-6425762/

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

This sounds interesting, could be a good way to try and learn some new skills for when you play against other people (I find I can do ok against AI but as soon as I get against an actual person, I tend to get beat pretty fast as I get thrown into the air then just combo after combo where I can not counter so end up loosing badly). Curious to see how this turns out. Will the new mode be exclusive to Killer Instinct Season 2 or will Season 1 owners be able to use it as well?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Garfield360UK:

Not sure I think the information I have seen only talks about season 2, so we will see, very few details released so far. It's coming in April, and apparently you have to upload your "shadow" so other people can play against your digital representation.