Does anyone know when the TF2 updates are going to hit the 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mamagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 mamagod
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

I've been playing the Orange box on my 360, and I really like Team Fortress 2. However, the PC version is way better, because the game was designed for PC. They have all the new maps, game types, and class updates.

Wayyyyy back in August of 2008, Valve said that they were working on TF2 360 updates and haven't said a word about it since.

Now, It's fine if they can't update the game. It would be great if they could, but If they can't, they should just tell us instead of leaving us out to piss in the wind.

If anyone knows anything about this, please comment.

Avatar image for Words-of-Sorrow
Words-of-Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Words-of-Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

I honestly don't think they're going to bother at this point. Wouldn't get your hopes up.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

never

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Never, valve wants them to be free, but Microsoft said 'No'. That's why the steam deal with Sony was significant... Sony basically told Valve they can give free content if they want to.
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Just get it for PC, it doesn't take much to run and it goes on sale constantly too. Just last week it went 50% off for the halloween update. If you can just buy the PC and have fun with free updates. Also like the other dude said MS said no to free updates on 360.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

they wont, Valve has givin up on TF2 for the Xbox, i read in an article they would love to give the Xbox 360 version everything the PC has but Microsoft charges companies to do Live updates and they said it would be way to expensive to update TF2.

o0Pwnzorz0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 o0Pwnzorz0o
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts
They will never update the game for 360 again. Get it for pc though, I play it every day it's really fun.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Never, valve wants them to be free, but Microsoft said 'No'. That's why the steam deal with Sony was significant... Sony basically told Valve they can give free content if they want to. donalbane
Geez I didn't know that....
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Never, valve wants them to be free, but Microsoft said 'No'. That's why the steam deal with Sony was significant... Sony basically told Valve they can give free content if they want to. donalbane
That almost makes me want to not use my 360 anymore and just play ps3. Almost to bad I like my 360 more...