Does anyone here play Kinect?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sonny360Elite (1574 posts) -
How many people here play Kinect? What games do you play regularly? How many hours a week do you normally play? Just wondering
#2 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73542 posts) -
Sorry, it's just gathering dust, never even plugged it in
#3 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Like a moron I bought one when it came out. I have 3 games for it and they are all shit. I hate the god damn thing.

Even something as simple as playing mass effect 3 and saying "liara move" took 3 times as much time and effort to speak the command than it was to just push a button which I do instantly without even having to think about it.

#4 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2792 posts) -
Ah well. I played it a bit when it came out. Sold it shortly after though.
#5 Posted by BravoJulliet (25 posts) -
Yeah, I played with it but not as much of lately nothing new has came out. I used it for games like mass effect and GRFS
#6 Posted by Jaysonguy (37828 posts) -

Gunstringer

Wreckateer

FIFA

Madden

#7 Posted by Bramblefang (17 posts) -

I was given a Kinect as a gift, but I don't really use it. I prefer to have a controller in my hands rather than being a controller.

#8 Posted by Sonny360Elite (1574 posts) -
I didn't think so. Hardly anyone likes or uses the thing as it is. Now Microsoft forces it onto the consumers have no need for it? Wow.
#9 Posted by wwervin (10257 posts) -

I honestly didn't like anything the Kinect had to offer this gen, but I think that will change next gen and it's because Microsoft is bundling in the new Kinect. I think it has enough cool features that developers can take advantage of it and come up with some neat things.

I'm not really a fan of the flailing arms games but things like the heartbeat sensor and being able to detect lighting and see in the dark and those cool features will be very useful in gaming in the future. I think it'll be a good peripheral once developers get more comfortable with it.

#10 Posted by WeskerTeam (1727 posts) -

I nearly bought it when it released but I stopped myself.

#11 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

nope.

everyone hates kinect and it sucks.

#12 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8565 posts) -
When it came out for a bit of novalty. Don't even plug it in anymore
#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73542 posts) -

I nearly bought it when it released but I stopped myself.

WeskerTeam
My first one broke and the warranty went out and they were only selling it with Kinect everywhere so i had to get one. But it's good you didn't buy it
#14 Posted by jeffmonster (511 posts) -

I used to play exercise games. Anything that gets me to do lunges etc.....is a positive for me. Cardio kickboxing was also kinda cool. But I got fed up, original Kinect just wasn't accurate enough. I'm hoping 2.0 is much better. 6-7 feet away was difficult in my living room set up. Anyone know what 2.0 recommended distance is?

#15 Posted by DJ_Tigerlee (3 posts) -
Kinect gets play all throughout the year when entertaining friends and family. It's the reason the Wii has collected dust for over a year. Fave Games Kinect Sports 1 & 2 (gets the most play and are by the best games on Kinect) The newly added 3 point contest is a blast and needs to be in true basketball games. Dance Central 1-3 (harmonix nuff said. Bigger than people believe. I've seen this game in night clubs.) Happy Action Theater & Kinect Party (As fun as it gets for when you got kids that want to play or when you got a party with friends) Child of Eden (The sleeper experience of this gen) Kinectimals (Another sleeper) The kind of game I wish was around when I was a kid. Nothing on the Wii can touch the magic this game brings to kids when they play this. Fitness Evolved series- Hands down the best fitness games on the market. Puts you literally on the screen. Ubisoft deserved so much more recognition for what they achieved. The mini games, the running through major cities etc. surprised how immersive this game is. I own a bunch more that I feel are sleepers like Motion Sports, Carnival games. Now that all the old games are cheap I have a backlog of games like Fable: The Journey, Kinect Star Wars, and Steel Battalion. Can't wait to see if these were as bad as they were hyped to be. As for games that were 'Better with Kinect' The two biggest uses that come to mind was using voice to play through most of Mass Effect 3 and Forza 5 Auto Vista and drunk co-op with just your arms rules)
#16 Posted by sukraj (23472 posts) -

No

#17 Posted by magicalclick (23269 posts) -
I played Dance Central and that Disney Theme Park game, which is quite fun to play at. I haven't actively play it because I need to move my heavy stone top coffee table, which would damage the hard wood floor if I do it myself. So, I am waiting to get my own place to play it.
#18 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
Nope.. I traded mine in after it sat their collecting dust. I think I used it twice.
#19 Posted by Exiled_Badger (266 posts) -

I honestly didn't like anything the Kinect had to offer this gen, but I think that will change next gen and it's because Microsoft is bundling in the new Kinect. I think it has enough cool features that developers can take advantage of it and come up with some neat things.

I'm not really a fan of the flailing arms games but things like the heartbeat sensor and being able to detect lighting and see in the dark and those cool features will be very useful in gaming in the future. I think it'll be a good peripheral once developers get more comfortable with it.

wwervin
I agree with you completely. To the original question, I will say the Kinect was fun to stop and play if I had to run to Best-Buy or Game Stop. But I never thought of buying one. Seemed too stupid. But they really upped the ante this gen.
#20 Posted by Poez34 (62 posts) -
I do sometimes
#21 Posted by SolidTy (45162 posts) -

How many people here play Kinect? What games do you play regularly? How many hours a week do you normally play? Just wonderingSonny360Elite

Zero hours.

Good potential? Maybe.

Failed promise? Definitely...at least in my household and that of all my large list of Xbox friends.

#22 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Nope, never played it, never bought it.

#23 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

nope. kinect sucks.