Do you need a credit card number for XBOX live?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tyler02 (13 posts) -

I'm thinking about getting anxbox 360 and I was wondering if you needed a credit card number forxbox live. On the first xbox you would need one, and I'm not sure if you have to get one for the xbox 360.

#2 Posted by Evz0rz (4624 posts) -
yeah im pretty sure you do
#3 Posted by roan23 (1190 posts) -
u could just buy the prepaid XBL card. that's what i used, i just go to wal-mart, and bought the special Halo 3 XBL card. That's what the prepaid for, it's for under age to enjoy XBL. cause i tired asking my mom to borrow her card.
#4 Posted by gigaman299 (1734 posts) -
IIRC if you're under 18.
#5 Posted by Bobert66 (224 posts) -
u could just buy the prepaid XBL card. that's what i used, i just go to wal-mart, and bought the special Halo 3 XBL card. That's what the prepaid for, it's for under age to enjoy XBL. cause i tired asking my mom to borrow her card.roan23
wait, so you don't have to enter any credit card info for prepaid? I thought for prepaid you entered credit card info so when ur time ran out it automatically paid for the next 12 months.
#6 Posted by tyler02 (13 posts) -

alright, cool thanks!

#7 Posted by PlasmaBeam44 (9052 posts) -
No you don't need one. You can buy pre-paid cards for 1 month, 3 months, or 12 months. 1 month cards are $8, 3 month cards are $20, and 12 month cards are $50.
#8 Posted by fred1712 (1220 posts) -
I think you need one if u are just getting it straight of the xbox, you don't if you buy one from the store.
#9 Posted by KaotiK_un_basic (2100 posts) -
buy the pre paid cards.. CC is nothing but a hasselin my experience.
#10 Posted by PlasmaBeam44 (9052 posts) -
Also if your just buying your system you get a month free of Xbox Live when you sign up for a GamerTag on your system and you don't need a credit card to do that.
#11 Posted by TigerFangRed (1928 posts) -
I didn't need one...haven't used one at all...I use the prepaid card and the microsoft point cards.
#12 Posted by tyler02 (13 posts) -

so i just put in the subscription card, and thats it?

i just buy the pre paid cards?

#13 Posted by roan23 (1190 posts) -
just buy the prepaid card. also if use credit card, i'm not sure, but they charge u automatically if ur XBL is ran out.
#14 Posted by skatatay (1617 posts) -
just go buy a card from a gamestop or something.
#15 Posted by zemenawi (15 posts) -

When you say 8$ a month, 20$ 3 months and 50$ a year do you mean via the console or in stores because there are different prices of the 3 items from what your all saying, like the year card is $59.99 and I have not even come across a 1 month card in stores....I know there's 1 from the console