Do you like the new SmartGlass app for Xbox One?

tendoboy1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tendoboy1984
Member since 2012 • 253 Posts

I find it very functional, especially when browsing Internet Explorer. Controlling the pointer with a smartphone is almost as good as using a mouse. I also love using it to check messages and watch recorded game clips when away from my console.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

To be honest I've never used it. In fact I don't think I can haha, my phone is ancient.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

When you say "new" has it been updated recently.

From what I've seen it's handy for doing some selections (via iPhone) especially when the controller is not nearby, if I'm watching TV/Netflix or listening to music...

Haven't thought to use it with IE yet

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes I like it a lot.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I tried it a couple days ago. It looked nothing like this. It was terrible and impossible to use as a result.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sukraj

The smartglass feature for dead rising 3 is amazing.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#9 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

For sending messages it's great since it's just using the regular keypad your phone already uses.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

No, I don't care for it at all.

My Xbone gets turned on for exclusive game experiences, all the other stuff I do elsewhere.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

@sukraj said:

I haven't tried that, but I just started using Coach Glass for Madden 25 and love it. It's awesome to be able to see all of the plays called throughout the game to try to recognize patterns and also it's nice to see personnel on the second screen.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sukraj

@darthgumballs said:

@sukraj said:

I haven't tried that, but I just started using Coach Glass for Madden 25 and love it. It's awesome to be able to see all of the plays called throughout the game to try to recognize patterns and also it's nice to see personnel on the second screen.

you should try it because you get extra missions and drone support from your tablet.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#13 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Using it to tell you where the nearest type x store in DR3 is very helpful. Asking for food or tools or whatever when you know you need one for a favored combo makes it very cool.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I haven't tried it since they added the new features... wasn't even aware that they had added them yet. Will check it out soon. Nice to see the DVR record button on there. I wish you could access recorded programs.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The-Apostle

Finally found the Beta. I see the remote only works for watching TV, rather than Netflix, which is why I'd use the app. Therefore, it sucks. And Netflix on PS3/360 is still far better than Xbox One.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

Finally found the Beta. I see the remote only works for watching TV, rather than Netflix, which is why I'd use the app. Therefore, it sucks. And Netflix on PS3/360 is still far better than Xbox One.

How do you change channels on Netflix? Oh you can't because it's only for Movies and TV shows. I use Netflix on my consoles and Ipad.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The-Apostle

@xhawk27 said:

@The-Apostle said:

How do you change channels on Netflix? Oh you can't because it's only for Movies and TV shows. I use Netflix on my consoles and Ipad.

Obviously I'd just use the other functions. You know, play, fast-forward, rewind, etc... the Smartglass app is useless for me since I'd only use it for Netflix, Hulu and AIV. I'll just stick to streaming movies on the vastly superior 360.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

@xhawk27 said:

@The-Apostle said:

Obviously I'd just use the other functions. You know, play, fast-forward, rewind, etc... the Smartglass app is useless for me since I'd only use it for Netflix, Hulu and AIV. I'll just stick to streaming movies on the vastly superior 360.

I got to believe that Netflix is going to get updated on the Xbox One since it should have better Visuals running on the more powerful hardware.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The-Apostle

@xhawk27 said:

@The-Apostle said:

@xhawk27 said:

@The-Apostle said:

I got to believe that Netflix is going to get updated on the Xbox One since it should have better Visuals running on the more powerful hardware.

If so, hopefully it'll be upgraded to have the look and feel of the 360. I doubt it, though...

jim1174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jim1174
Member since 2003 • 301 Posts

I like it but i really wish i could use it with project spark

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

@SolidTy said:

My Xbone gets turned on for exclusive game experiences, all the other stuff I do elsewhere.

Try it out with Dead Rising 3. It definitely adds to the experience. It's also very helpful finding collectibles in Ryse.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@RoslindaleOne said:

@SolidTy said:

Try it out with Dead Rising 3. It definitely adds to the experience. It's also very helpful finding collectibles in Ryse.

I'll check it out, the problem is I dislike the Dead Rising series (which includes DR3) and I didn't like Ryse either. I guess I need to find a game I like first that uses it, haha.

Of course, if it feels like a feature that could have been inserted in the game but was left out deliberately for glass, I won't like it.

slakkmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 slakkmichael
Member since 2013 • 32 Posts

It got an update? I barely use the damn thing. I might give it a look.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@tendoboy1984 said:

I find it very functional, especially when browsing Internet Explorer. Controlling the pointer with a smartphone is almost as good as using a mouse. I also love using it to check messages and watch recorded game clips when away from my console.

I like the ability to control your TVs volume with it, but you should also be able to do that with the controller also (like a volume sub-menu, or app, or something). Please read this Phil Spencer lol.