do you guys like halo 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hardyz200 (543 posts) -

i did at first but has become stale now

#2 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7566 posts) -
Yes I do. Got it at midnight launch and still enjoying it a lot.
#3 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Still pretty fun since it's not the only game I play.

#4 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

I haven't played it yet.

#5 Posted by andmcq (259 posts) -

Sp was awesome.

Mp is as stale as Console MP has always been.

#6 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

Loved the campaign, although it was short. MP is swallowing gaming time at an alarming rate - and I'm loving it.

#7 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

Good SP, but it was starting to slow down for me. Now that I'm playing it with friends, it's fun as hell.

#8 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

It's an excellent game, one month hasn't degraded that quality at all.

#9 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
I enjoyed the singleplayer. The multiplayer on the other hand has become CoDified. Its still fun, but I just do not get a sense of enjoyment like I did with Halo 3. I'm hoping 343 will make a few changes such as a classic team slayer mode(without infinity drops), smaller maps, old playlists such as multi-team and team doubles and a few more notes they could take from past Halo games. Halo is halo and it needs to stay that way.
#10 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

I am yet to pick it up honestly.

#11 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
Gameplay wise this is probably my favorite Halo to play multiplayer and my least favorite single player. I really don't like most of the maps though. I'd like to see more larger maps that are good for CTF like Halo 2's Containment and Tombstone.
#12 Posted by yokofox33 (29863 posts) -

I like it. I'm thoroughly enjoying the campaign, and I'm digging the Spartan Ops missions with friends. We're not a real big competitive crew, so the Spartan Ops missions are perfect for us.

#13 Posted by sambo2011 (411 posts) -

I played through the campaign co-op & thought it was pretty impressed, it looks great.

Online multiplayer is a lot more fun doing it with a friend I found.

#14 Posted by SerOlmy (1714 posts) -
I am primarily a PC gamer, but I didn't have much to play recently and caved to the really good things I was hearing about HALO 4 and bought it. I have to say I really enjoyed it (and am still enjoying it), which surprised me. I haven't played any of the other HALO games really, other than a few MP matches here and there. The SP campaign and story was great and the multiplayer was solid too. I actually enjoyed the Spartan Ops, but I would like to see them added to in future installments. I haven't been playing as much as I was, but I will certainly keep it to finish the Spartan Ops story and for when I have people over. So yeah I'm still enjoying it.
#15 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -
I do, but I havent played it since the 23rd when I got Black Ops 2 and Doom 3.
#16 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7566 posts) -
I am primarily a PC gamer, but I didn't have much to play recently and caved to the really good things I was hearing about HALO 4 and bought it. I have to say I really enjoyed it (and am still enjoying it), which surprised me. I haven't played any of the other HALO games really, other than a few MP matches here and there. The SP campaign and story was great and the multiplayer was solid too. I actually enjoyed the Spartan Ops, but I would like to see them added to in future installments. I haven't been playing as much as I was, but I will certainly keep it to finish the Spartan Ops story and for when I have people over. So yeah I'm still enjoying it.SerOlmy
Good to hear. I noticed a lot of people who really didn't enjoy the previous Halo games have enjoyed this game.
#17 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I love it....I have more fun playing this game online than most games in years....
#18 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -

Yes I do, particularly multiplayer.

#19 Posted by coasterguy65 (6006 posts) -

Really enjoyed the SP. Haven't really played the MP much.

#20 Posted by porkchopgamer (6 posts) -
no. anyone like black ops2?
#21 Posted by CTR360 (7100 posts) -
i love halo 4 its amazing experiencei beat the campaign last night on heroic
#22 Posted by BLAS1AN (3452 posts) -

Im still addicted to it but where is Big team capture the flag at?

#23 Posted by dr_awesome604 (4 posts) -
Initially, I will admit I was hating on this game, due to the overwhelming amount of changes they were making to a series that I have been a very loyal fan to. That all changed when I actually started playing the damn thing - hard to not have a good looking game when you have an seemingly unending budget. But the part that took me by surprise was how clean the campaign story ended up being - not nearly as convoluted as some of the previous games, strangely enough. All in all, this could honestly be the best one in the series - as hard as it is for me to admit... sorry Bungie, they pulled it off nicely.
#24 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

Had a blast with it the first two weeks or so, but I've gotten busier and haven't played it as much. It is kind of dying down for me, but overall really good.

#25 Posted by phanstar330 (46 posts) -
I love it. Still play it every night.
#26 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

Halo 4 is pretty much the perfect game for a new Developer. The online is just amazing and the single player is so well paced and an awesome story. This is in my top 3 games of the year (so far Darksiders 2, AC3 and Halo 4) and I would strongly urge any 360 owner to play it.

The achievement for beating Legendary solo is pretty crazy hard though.

#27 Posted by ray6315 (2 posts) -
It's always been fun, and never gets old
#28 Posted by Evolvington (11 posts) -
I like it. I've played a ton of it, that's for sure. It has become a little boring, I do have to admit that. I'm hoping the Crimson pack will liven things up. They need to add forge maps as well. And add more fun playlists (rockets, etc).
#29 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

Its a fun game.

#30 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -

it's on sale for $40 at Target and gamestop. Should I get this or Battlefield 3 Premium edition which is also $40 on amazon. I noticed not a lot of people on my friends list are playing Halo 4 anymore and only have like 200 achievements so it looks like they have no interest in it.

#31 Posted by EmperorZeruel (4194 posts) -
i like it, if anyone wants to play just message me me gamer tag is the same as on here
#32 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

Yes I enjoy playing it, best Halo since Halo 3 imo. The campaign was good and the mp is a blast but Spartan Ops is a huge disappointment though.

#33 Posted by MarcRecon (5831 posts) -

I am yet to pick it up honestly.

EvilSelf

Same

#34 Posted by badlalo59 (899 posts) -

I think it's great deal for $40. Campaign was fun but hard on Legendary solo for me. Multiplayer is where it's at though. You'll get 2weeks free XboxLive so I'd take advantage and use it to get your feet wet.

#35 Posted by DieselCat18 (2960 posts) -

Really enjoying the SP and co-op..Looks fantastic on my 50" plasma HT system. Bought the Halo limited edition 360 bundle which is my first console since my original Xbox.

*+

#37 Posted by Darksonic666 (3482 posts) -

I'm totally immersed in Far Cry 3 at the moment but I did enjoy Halo 4 a lot and can't wait for 5 !!!

#38 Posted by DevilMightCry (3495 posts) -
I am a big PS3/PC gamer, and after 3 years, I went back and bought the new 360 S, just for this game. So far it's worth it. MP is so easy though. What happened to skilled Halo players? I shouldn't be 1st/2nd every match after a 3 year not touching the Xbox 360...lol.
#39 Posted by Kage1 (6748 posts) -

No

#40 Posted by SolidTy (43673 posts) -

i did at first but has become stale now

hardyz200

The MP is missing a certain, something. I don't know, but at first I was super into it, but I do agree it's not grabbing me like Bungie's games did.

Perhaps 343's second effort at MP in their next Halo will do the trick. Maybe some updates are all I will want.

#41 Posted by scouttrooperbob (2439 posts) -

I love it, but I havent been in the mood for an fps latley. Its eaily my favorite Shooter of the year though. I played the $#it out of halo 3, odst and reach, so sometimes the game feels a little to familiar.

#42 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2766 posts) -
Yup. Its similar and a degree to the Reach instalment, but still good.
#43 Posted by akdiuuuryttt (2854 posts) -

nah i dont like it at all. every new fps that comes out wants to have its own slice of call of duty in it. also has a huge amount of aim assist which kinda ruins gun fights. for example if you face 2 opponents it is pretty much impossible because of how hard it is not to miss a shot. so it is almost pre determined that you lose no matter what unless you get a good get away or if they clamp up and you nade and get 2 headshots. halo 1 you could take on 4 people if you wanted because gun fights took a lot of skill

whatever im sure not many people even care about that stuff but im sure some people do

#44 Posted by DevilMightCry (3495 posts) -

nah i dont like it at all. every new fps that comes out wants to have its own slice of call of duty in it. also has a huge amount of aim assist which kinda ruins gun fights. for example if you face 2 opponents it is pretty much impossible because of how hard it is not to miss a shot. so it is almost pre determined that you lose no matter what unless you get a good get away or if they clamp up and you nade and get 2 headshots. halo 1 you could take on 4 people if you wanted because gun fights took a lot of skill

whatever im sure not many people even care about that stuff but im sure some people do

akdiuuuryttt
Halo always had massive auto aim ever since Halo 2.
#45 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -

Still lovin' it although I've yet to clear all the Spartan Ops levels.

#46 Posted by Daizengar (47 posts) -

I thought the campaign was enjoyable, and I was starting a legendary playthrough (already beat it on Heroic), but I found the multiplayer to be rather dull, mainly because it felt too much like your standard military shooter, only set in the Halo universe. It would be nice to go back to standard shooters without perks, loadouts, and killstreaks.

I'm looking at you, Epic Games.

#47 Posted by JSambus (9 posts) -

I thought the campaign was enjoyable, and I was starting a legendary playthrough (already beat it on Heroic), but I found the multiplayer to be rather dull, mainly because it felt too much like your standard military shooter, only set in the Halo universe. It would be nice to go back to standard shooters without perks, loadouts, and killstreaks.

I'm looking at you, Epic Games.

Daizengar

I agree, campaign was great but MP just doesn't seem as fun as reach. Big team slayer is missing the objectives aswell. Is anyone else annoyed at the lack of non-slayer gametypes?

#48 Posted by ZetA_LatA (117 posts) -

Only played it for the campaign but really enjoyed it. The story was very engaging and can't wait for the next installment.

#49 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -

Just started, and so far YES !