Do stores like Best buy fix xbox 360s?(sorry if wrong place)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by terdoo (5306 posts) -
Just wondering.And how much would it be?
#2 Posted by LRP85 (3094 posts) -
I don't think so. I think all they do is give you a new one and send the one you gave them into MS to get repaired.
#3 Posted by terdoo (5306 posts) -
wait do you mean you can rent the 360?
#4 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -

wait do you mean you can rent the 360?terdoo

No they take your old Xbox 360 and will give you a new one if you have the replacement plan there.

#5 Posted by bblundell (1085 posts) -
actually if you bought your Xbox 360 from Best Buy....and you have MFG warranty then your eligible for a Rapid Exchange.
#6 Posted by terdoo (5306 posts) -
Well,I dident buy my 360 from bestbuy so i guess Ill just ship it to MS.Thanks guys.
#7 Posted by Xx-CLOUD-xX (541 posts) -
No best buy wont your going to have to call in to 1800 4MY XBOX and theyll repair... all you gotta do is theyll send you a box and you put xbox in. Ship it back and you get new xbox back depending on problem.. Service id fairly goodand fast
#8 Posted by childe_roland (2542 posts) -
I did this the other day, it works. Go to Wal-Mart (amazing return policy) and buy a new one, switch out everything in the box with your stuff except for your hard drive, keep that, the 360 has a sticker on the back with the serial number on it, swap those as well, return the broken 360(your old one) in the new box and get your money back. New system, no waiting, just make sure you package it up so it looks unopened, if they ask you if it was opened say no, if it looks like it was opened and they ask you, tell em you had a little kid over at your house who was trying to get in there but you got to him before he could open it.
#9 Posted by bssauter13 (545 posts) -

I did this the other day, it works. Go to Wal-Mart (amazing return policy) and buy a new one, switch out everything in the box with your stuff except for your hard drive, keep that, the 360 has a sticker on the back with the serial number on it, swap those as well, return the broken 360(your old one) in the new box and get your money back. New system, no waiting, just make sure you package it up so it looks unopened, if they ask you if it was opened say no, if it looks like it was opened and they ask you, tell em you had a little kid over at your house who was trying to get in there but you got to him before he could open it.childe_roland

sounds like u do this a tad bit to often haha but its good, my uncle does it for everything like lamps and stuff so it does work

#10 Posted by childe_roland (2542 posts) -
Yeah.. I dunno I guess I just feel like if I'm dropping dough on something it better work, if it doesn't I find a way to get a new one without waiting/paying, besides it's Wal-Mart and Microsoft I'm effing over, I'm like a modern day Robin Hood heh heh, kidding.