do people still play COD 2 on live?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts
i traded in my copy to get COD 3.  I liked the single player just fine but IMO the multiplayer sucks compared to 2.  I really liked the online matches in 2 so I was thinking about buying it again basically.  Unless there is another game that offers a similar experience online...  i'm not so into gears or halo online.
thanks!
xploded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 xploded
Member since 2005 • 1585 Posts

i traded in my copy to get COD 3. I liked the single player just fine but IMO the multiplayer sucks compared to 2. I really liked the online matches in 2 so I was thinking about buying it again basically. Unless there is another game that offers a similar experience online... i'm not so into gears or halo online.
thanks!tazzydnc

its really hard to find a match

UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

i traded in my copy to get COD 3. I liked the single player just fine but IMO the multiplayer sucks compared to 2. I really liked the online matches in 2 so I was thinking about buying it again basically. Unless there is another game that offers a similar experience online... i'm not so into gears or halo online.
thanks!tazzydnc

i did same as u and there is still a big comunity on cod2

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Still a good amount of people playing, including me 8)
q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts
No but I play Cod3
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
Still a good amount of people playing, including me 8)limpbizkit818
same here :D
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]i traded in my copy to get COD 3. I liked the single player just fine but IMO the multiplayer sucks compared to 2. I really liked the online matches in 2 so I was thinking about buying it again basically. Unless there is another game that offers a similar experience online... i'm not so into gears or halo online.
thanks!xploded

I don't find it hard to find a match.
tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tazzydnc
thats good to hear.  those of you that still play it.  I guess then I'm not the only one that likes COD2 better?
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

thats good to hear. those of you that still play it. I guess then I'm not the only one that likes COD2 better?tazzydnc
Nope. Cod 2 kills cod3 in the Single Player and multiplayer modes. Great to here cod4 does not have vehicles in MP. I kinda wish they keep it 4v4, but for some reason people think more players = more fun.

tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tazzydnc

[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]thats good to hear. those of you that still play it. I guess then I'm not the only one that likes COD2 better?limpbizkit818

Nope. Cod 2 kills cod3 in the Single Player and multiplayer modes. Great to here cod4 does not have vehicles in MP. I kinda wish they keep it 4v4, but for some reason people think more players = more fun.

yea... I wouldn't mind 6v6 or maybe even 8v8 just cause often times you'll end up not filling up a match.  3v4 is a big advantage compared to 7v8 for example.  But I  agree bigger is definately not better.
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UKLTLEMON

[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]thats good to hear. those of you that still play it. I guess then I'm not the only one that likes COD2 better?limpbizkit818

same i worry that cod4 will be like cod 3 :( i much prefer 4v4 it has a much better squad based game

amirsafar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 amirsafar
Member since 2005 • 1349 Posts
i play COD2 online, but im tring to get the acheivements on the SP campaign
pyrobrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pyrobrand
Member since 2005 • 516 Posts
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]thats good to hear. those of you that still play it. I guess then I'm not the only one that likes COD2 better?UKLTLEMON

same i worry that cod4 will be like cod 3 :( i much prefer 4v4 it has a much better squad based game

No worries, it's the same dev from Call of Duty 2, they brought back Infinity Ward, which is good. The game will be amazing, just look at some of the videos. The one thing that's different is amazing graphics, more in-depth multiplayer, and some more people. A 100-player match will lag, but it will probably be fun. Plus, if you network correctly, you can still make squadbased combat and do it even better by hanging out with 3 other people and then coordinating your squad's movements with those of another squad's.
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
I find matches in seconds on COD2.
Tom_Brady860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tom_Brady860
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts

[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]i traded in my copy to get COD 3. I liked the single player just fine but IMO the multiplayer sucks compared to 2. I really liked the online matches in 2 so I was thinking about buying it again basically. Unless there is another game that offers a similar experience online... i'm not so into gears or halo online.
thanks!xploded

no its not

UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UKLTLEMON
[QUOTE="UKLTLEMON"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]thats good to hear. those of you that still play it. I guess then I'm not the only one that likes COD2 better?pyrobrand

No worries, it's the same dev from Call of Duty 2, they brought back Infinity Ward, which is good. The game will be amazing, just look at some of the videos. The one thing that's different is amazing graphics, more in-depth multiplayer, and some more people. A 100-player match will lag, but it will probably be fun. Plus, if you network correctly, you can still make squadbased combat and do it even better by hanging out with 3 other people and then coordinating your squad's movements with those of another squad's.

hmm maybe but i dont want it to be like modern combat