Do any headphones work on Xbox One?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Not trying to compare the 2 but on ps4 you can use iPhone headphones to plug into the controller so you can hear the game and talk through the mic...can you do this on xbox one?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

i dunno they now want u to plug it into ur tv or have some cheap adapter or something and not use usb

i still haven't figured it out

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

No, the Xbox One doesn't have a 3.5mm jack like the PS4 controller does. What you can do though is buy the official headset which will come with an adapter, then you can plug your headset through the Xbox One controller.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

No, the Xbox One doesn't have a 3.5mm jack like the PS4 controller does. What you can do though is buy the official headset which will come with an adapter, then you can plug your headset through the Xbox One controller.

but doesnt that adapter (which is also sold separately) have a 3.5mm jack to plug in any headphones/Headsets?

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Yea, the headphone adapter has a standard jack on it so you can use any headphones with or without a mic. I have it in my hand right now. It also has the volume control and chat buttons on it. Any "Xbox One" headset has that adapter included or you can buy it separately if you want to use your own headphones. I got it with a Turtle Beach headset.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@busterfriendly said:

Yea, the headphone adapter has a standard jack on it so you can use any headphones with or without a mic. I have it in my hand right now. It also has the volume control and chat buttons on it. Any "Xbox One" headset has that adapter included or you can buy it separately if you want to use your own headphones. I got it with a Turtle Beach headset.

Ah the more you know, so any headset with a 3.5mm jack will work with the Xbox One adapter? What if I just bought the adapter on it's own - can I plug it into the Xbox One controller and be good to go, or must I update the controller first?

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

Yes, it's a regular headset jack. As far as updating the controller, I think it might depend on when you got it. I had to do a firmware update but it was a day one edition controller that was out before the adapter was ready.

iKonWitNikesOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iKonWitNikesOn
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Not to my knowledge, there are 4 types of headphone standards OMTP, CTIA, CHJ And Apple. from what has been said XBone dodged all of these standards and created there own version of a headphones wiring standard. there is a way you can use beats by dre and other types of AUX corded headphones. heres the tutorial:

https://youtu.be/KTnBzY8mCDs

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@ikonwitnikeson:

Please do not bump old topics in the future. Thanks.

Thread locked due to being bumped.