disconnecting from xbox live when starting to play a game pls help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashatar
Member since 2011 • 259 Posts

I don't know what the problem is i tryed searching on the internet but didn't find anything useful.

The porblem is-when i turtn on my xbox it auto connects me to xbox live and everything works fine.When i insert the cd of my game it normaly shows up and then i press A to start it.

When the game starts loding it shows me a message "You are disconnected from xbox live"

Then i press the guide buttom and select Connect to xbox live and then it shows me anotehr message "Could not connect to xbox live".It shows me then 2 options "Ok" and the other "Test connection"

I press test connection it gets out of my game and i see 2 rings going round and it connects me to live.

Can some one tell me why does it disconnect me from xbox live when i try to pla y a game

BTW after changing the port in wich my cable was and reseting the router and then starting the game it works everything fine.

Pls help me

Thx in advance

Squeezitgirdle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Squeezitgirdle
Member since 2010 • 1027 Posts

I had a caller with the same exact problem as you, unfortunately i don't remember what we did to fix the problem.

And I can't pull up CCF while im not working, so I can't troubleshoot it (well i probably could, but im not at work at the moment) but when you run the connection test does it tell you anything like you have a strict or moderate NAT or any other errors?

or does it connect perfectly? try deleting the Cache real quick

does it do this with every game?

Ashatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ashatar

Well when i turn my cnsole on it turns perfectly and auto connects me to live no problems nothing but when run any game it disconnects me and as i wrote above

I was thinking about that NAt settings but i do not know how to acces them i tryed looking on the internet but nothing that could help me.

I use eunet adsl internet.

Ashatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ashatar

I had a caller with the same exact problem as you, unfortunately i don't remember what we did to fix the problem.

And I can't pull up CCF while im not working, so I can't troubleshoot it (well i probably could, but im not at work at the moment) but when you run the connection test does it tell you anything like you have a strict or moderate NAT or any other errors?

or does it connect perfectly? try deleting the Cache real quick

does it do this with every game?

Squeezitgirdle

Well it does not tell me about nat settings it goes like this

i put the game in get to the ttile screen disconected from xbl.Then i go tets connevction it gets out of the game and it doesn't even run the test it just connects me automaticly to live when it gets out of the game.

When i try manualy go go to test connection it connects me to xbox live.You know those 5(in the test connection)well when it gets to xbox live connection it shows me the 3rd ring i think blinking yellow i think something like that and it shows me some problem.idk

Ashatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ashatar

I jst checked again the connection and it says my NAT is moderated is that the problemg

Squeezitgirdle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Squeezitgirdle
Member since 2010 • 1027 Posts

the Moderate NAT is unlikely to be the problem truth be told. But you might want to fix that anyways.

Anyways the only thing i can think of is that your game is booting up, which commonly boots you off the game

however for some reason it's not doing that for you...I suggest you go in and delete your Cache in your system settings / memory / hover over your harddrive and click Y, delete system cache.

Also when you run connection test, and you click more info. Does it say anything besides "your NAT settings are moderate"?

possibly your MTU settings are too low?

If that doesn't fix, call xbox support, there are more tools available to us to help you. I'm not currently at work, and without you being ont he phone with me, it's going to take a really long time for me to troubleshoot your issue.
Also are you running xbox live on Broadband internet?

have you previously connected to xbox live with this connection?

is it your first time connecting to xbox live? has there been any recent changes to your network?

Do you have a wireless turtle beach headset or any other non-microsoft accessory?

Respond to me with all these questions answered, also when you call xbox customer support they're going to ask you most of the same questions.

Now that i recall, my last customer surprisingly had the same issue, and it was solved by unplugging their wireless turtle beach headset and moving it away from the console. So make sure you don't have any other wireless accessories near the xbox

Ashatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ashatar

do you have skype it would be much easier to talk????I have

Ashatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points