Digital Games for X1 Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

I'm going all digital for Xbox 1 but I do have a concern that I have yet to find an answer to. MS has stated that all games will be available digitally on launch day, but they don't say at what time. Will they be available at midnight on their launch days? This is a big concern since I will be taking off work the 22nd. I will want to be able to begin playing as soon as I get home with my console right after midnight.Does anyone know?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

You can start playing the game after 10% of the game has been downloaded.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I was wondering the same thing. Marketplace updates are usually done in the morning, so most likely we should be able to download those games as of then. Hopefully MS will take into account midnight releases as well, it would be pretty foolish of them not to have their games ready for download as they have mentioned the day 1 digital thing before, they must know people are expecting this.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: I'm hoping they will implement it. I'm going to be upset if I get home on with my console at midnight and BF4 is not available.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

From the leaks of people who got it early, the content is already up but just not available to download so it should be alright considering we get it ahead of the US by 16+ hours.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Gamespot just ran a story on a guy who already received his X1 by error. According to his twitter feed, games are not yet available for download on the marketplace(Except maybe KI), but you can still view their entries and details....most are apparently in the 35-40 GB range. I hope they don't mess this up I want to go full digital on day1.

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Yep, Its all Digital for me too,

The days of Disc Swapping are over for me : )

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@SexyPorkins said:

I'm going all digital for Xbox 1 but I do have a concern that I have yet to find an answer to. MS has stated that all games will be available digitally on launch day, but they don't say at what time. Will they be available at midnight on their launch days? This is a big concern since I will be taking off work the 22nd. I will want to be able to begin playing as soon as I get home with my console right after midnight.Does anyone know?

I'm guessing midnight in Redmond (the HQ of Microsoft) time the morning of a launch. That could be incorrect, but I recall MS did that in the past. It may be local time at midnight, though... like how Steam does it usually.

And me too... after spending so much time with the PC, the idea of going back to discs and patronizing Gamestop etc. seems archaic to me. Plus, I predict bonuses for digital buys. I will miss some of the Collector's Edition loot, but maybe they will come up with a way to get the best of both worlds.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm not ready to go digital yet.