Did you get a Xbox One Day One Edition or Regular Edtion.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 11 months, 30 days ago

Poll: Did you get a Xbox One Day One Edition or Regular Edtion. (38 votes)

Xbox One Day One Edition (black box). 89%
Xbox One Regular Edition (green box). 11%

I got an Xbox One Day One Edition on layaway at Walmart.

I just can't wait to get it and to play Dead Rising 3!

#1 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

I have no idea why, but I didn't want to spend to much on the Day One Edition, so i got the regular edition. No difference, just no chrome plating on the controller and the little ''Day One'' tag on the controller aswell.

#2 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

@bumsonfire: It was the same price for the Day One Edition, just that it was a pre order special.

I got lucky with the Xbox One Day One Edition I got. Someone cancelled their preorder at the Walmart I work at and I put it on layaway right after.

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (6128 posts) -

Xbox One Day One Edition. Dat box, Dat Controller, Dat Achievement, Dat free Game. Heheh

When are you picking up your Xbox mate?

#4 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

@BattleSpectre: What free game?

I will get Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, CoD Ghosts, and BF4.

I just can't wait to play those games!

#5 Posted by BattleSpectre (6128 posts) -

In Australia you got Fifa 14 for free with the Day One Edition. When are you getting the console?

#6 Posted by nyc05 (10183 posts) -

Day One with the beautiful black packaging. Really like the "Day One 2013" printed on the controller. I really like commemorative stuff like that.

#7 Posted by jekyll (9140 posts) -

@nyc05 said:

Day One with the beautiful black packaging. Really like the "Day One 2013" printed on the controller. I really like commemorative stuff like that.

I didn't know the controller would have that, so it was a nice little surprise.

#8 Posted by sukraj (22790 posts) -

I got the Day One Edition with a free download of Fifa 14.

#9 Posted by RoboThreat (435 posts) -

Day One for me, I love this console.

#10 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

@BattleSpectre: No free game for me in the USA. Oh well.

I will get it out of layaway on 12/14/13, which is on my birthday. Just can't wait!

#11 Posted by KingJuggaNott (78 posts) -

I got the Day One....felt like a Boss walking out of the Store with that All Black Everything box.

#12 Edited by neymar32 (12 posts) -

Early adopter too sooo the stylish black box with the other black box inside it :P

#13 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@bumsonfire said:

I have no idea why, but I didn't want to spend to much on the Day One Edition, so i got the regular edition. No difference, just no chrome plating on the controller and the little ''Day One'' tag on the controller aswell.

? same cost

#14 Posted by KingJuggaNott (78 posts) -

Tell you the truth.. I reserved it from walmart. Thought I missed the chance since I had waited so late. Didn't even know I had a day one edition until the day I picked it up which made the day even more sweet.

#15 Edited by Randolph (10520 posts) -

Day One. I don't usually keep boxes, but both this system box and the fightstick box are staying put. I love how all out the packaging of the system and accessories are.

#16 Edited by yokofox33 (29673 posts) -

I got the Day One edition. I still haven't opened yet. Can't decide whether I want to keep it or not. I'm too lazy to sell it on Ebay though.

#17 Edited by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -

Day One edition. I wouldn't have paid extra for it, but am really happy I got it. The packaging and overall presentation is a lot better

#18 Posted by TiimeThief (13 posts) -

I got the regular edition (green box). I didn't pre-order or stood for hours in line on launch day, but instead arrived five minutes before 8AM when a local Target store opened. Noticed a line was formed right outside already. Went inside when the door opened and at the cash register they asked me for a ticket which I didn't have. I stuck around until everyone in line picked up their orders and there was just one green box remaining. So they sold it to me. Moral of the story - if you really want something, stick it out to the end …there's a good chance you may just get it.

#19 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

Got the Day 1 edition, had it pre-ordered the day after they revered their policies. The box looks damn sexy, love the black box. Also loves how my controller says Day 1 2013, I feels special!

#20 Posted by sukraj (22790 posts) -

I have to wait until xmas to play it.