This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CapnXtraObvious
CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CapnXtraObvious
Member since 2012 • 506 Posts

I'm trying the Destiny demo on 360 and I actually quite like it so far. If I'm going to get the full game, I'd like it on my X1. But I wished to know where it's better. And which version has more players? I'm hoping the X1 version is a better choice. I don't want to get cross-generation games for 360.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious said:

I'm trying the Destiny demo on 360 and I actually quite like it so far. If I'm going to get the full game, I'd like it on my X1. But I wished to know where it's better. And which version has more players? I'm hoping the X1 version is a better choice. I don't want to get cross-generation games for 360.

The game was designed for PS360 and ported to PS4/Xbone. It's visually unimpressive as a Xbone/PS4 title, but it's a decent looker on PS360. The PS3/PS4 versions of Destiny have some sort of exclusive Destiny content in the game, but I don't know what that content is since I didn't buy it.

I can tell you this: Destiny has four sequels for the next decade planned, so if they use your data from the first game for Destiny 2 (2016), you are better off with Xbone/PS4 versions since eventually PS360 versions will not be made (Destiny 2/3/4). If I had to guess, Destiny 2 will also be for PS360 but Destiny 3 (2018) won't be.

Think of it like where you are buying the sequels. I didn't find Destiny that good personally, but if I was to buy them, I would want them all on one system so Xbone/PS4 are a safe bet.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious: If you get it on the 360 you can always get it again on the Xbox One and everything will transfer over.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

I'd say because of some xbox one features, like recording, snapping etc, you better off getting it on the xbox one.

It runs better on that console anyway.

PowerstrokeGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 PowerstrokeGT
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

Yeah, get it on the Xbone. Looks better and runs better. Tons of players on there as well.

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

You should get it for the Xbox One.

willre00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By willre00
Member since 2012 • 158 Posts

I have it on Xbox One and it runs great. It may not have the best graphics ever but IMO they're pretty good.

Oakspear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: -1

#8 Oakspear
Member since 2003 • 47 Posts

@CapnXtraObvious: I'd definitely get it on the Xbox One. Better platform support, plus the player population is good.