Destiny confirmed 1080p on Xbox One

#1 Edited by Adam802 (7 posts) -

Destiny will be 1080p thanks to the new Xbox One SDK with the improved power.

https://twitter.com/statuses/476486815654744064

Great news for Xbox One. This is a sign of things to come...

Once XB1 runs games the same as PS4 the 2 consoles will be, for all intents and purposes, equally as powerful for multiplats. So the only thing differentiating the XB1 and PS4 will be the exclusives, controller, and services. IMO I think XB1 has a better controller, exclusives, and XBL is more stable/smoother than PSN. And the XB1 has more features with kinect that can still be used if you want to.

Xbox One is absolutely a great gaming console in a great place right now, no doubt at all.

#2 Edited by adders99 (2610 posts) -

excellent! its good to see some good news on this front rather than the constant bashing... I honestly think the current games on the x1 look awesome as it is... but glad to see newer games will be even better! :)

#3 Posted by BattleSpectre (6210 posts) -

Good to know. Now let's aim for 60fps this generation.

#4 Posted by wallacom (45 posts) -

For a shooter I'd rather have 900p@60fps if I can't have both!

#5 Posted by kingcrimson24 (466 posts) -

NO ! now what will PS4 complain about ? :O

#6 Posted by donalbane (16359 posts) -

That's good to hear, because I prefer LIVE over PSN.... better chat, dedicated servers, and I love the impulse trigger rumble. So it would be great if there was graphical parity, or at least if the gap narrowed to the point where there was no resolution difference.

#7 Posted by equanox214 (128 posts) -

Its so pathetic that this has become a thing. It is SOOO hard to tell 900 vs 1080. like it matters just enjoy the game on the console you like.

#8 Edited by SolidTy (43673 posts) -

I think it also helps that Destiny was designed as a cross-platform last gen title, the game is on PS360 after all.

The real test is true next gen only titles like the upcoming Batman (PS4/Xbone), not cross gen titles that have been developed for old hardware. It's easier to take an older gen title and use the extra power to pretty it up, but ultimately, Destiny isn't the greatest example since it's running on PS360 as well as Xbone/PS4. The Lowest Common Denominator effect.

In any event, I would recommend not getting to HYPEd until the game releases and people put the games through their paces. Company PR has been known to HYPE and LIE about things right up to the last minute. We saw this with COD Xbone before launch and then last minute the truth was revealed, for example. I don't trust any PR from any company because most of the time it leads to disappointment because ultimately their job is to sell their game and saying words we want to hear is a great way of selling their product...if they can get us to believe it.

#9 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

That some good news!

Even though that does not really make a difference for me. I was going to get Destiny pretty much anyways.

#10 Posted by SolidTy (43673 posts) -

Although Destiny is a PS360 title at it's core, and Bungie's Goal is graphic Parity for the PS4/Xbone... it turns out the upcoming Destiny Beta for Xbone won't be in 1080p.

Bungie stated their goal is 1080p at launch though, but here's the latest Destiny Beta news for Xbone (linky below):

Destiny beta on Xbox One will not be running at 1080p, will reach 1080p by launch[Bungie Goal]

#11 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6200 posts) -

I'm sure both versions will look pretty similar... like most games so far.

#12 Posted by oo_Yungstar_oo (18 posts) -

considering the problems DF have reported with PS4 beta, i'd expect Xbox ONE to fair worse.

#13 Posted by jesser7 (45 posts) -

u cant notice the difference in 1080p or 900 wat system do more people u play with have.

#14 Edited by MinnesotanLlama (11 posts) -

thats a lie cause Xbox 1 can only play up to 720p ps4 is the only console to be able to play games in 1080p

#15 Posted by DollMytee (7 posts) -

@minnesotanllama: Oh can we please not do that for all that it good in the world?

Also, hello fellow minnesotan. St. Cloud here. :)

#16 Edited by oo_Yungstar_oo (18 posts) -

@jesser7 said:

u cant notice the difference in 1080p or 900 wat system do more people u play with have.

i'm not seeing a big difference between the games i play (if any) on the two systems.

also..

Bungie has confirmed that Destiny will run in 1080p on PS4, but the Xbox One's resolution is still not finalized. However, Bungie is hopeful that it can reach 1080p, thanks in part to the June Xbox One SDK that boosts console GPU power.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-destiny-xbox-one-is-not-dumbed-down-compare/1100-6421585/

#17 Edited by SolidTy (43673 posts) -

@oo_yungstar_oo said:

@jesser7 said:

i'm not seeing a big difference between the games i play (if any) on the two systems.

also..

Bungie has confirmed that Destiny will run in 1080p on PS4, but the Xbox One's resolution is still not finalized. However, Bungie is hopeful that it can reach 1080p, thanks in part to the June Xbox One SDK that boosts console GPU power.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-destiny-xbox-one-is-not-dumbed-down-compare/1100-6421585/

Plus, Bungie stated multiple times that their goal is graphic parity. They are making an extreme effort to make the game the same across the platforms, so if there were power differences, it's not Bungie's Goal to push those.

Also, Destiny is a PS360 game which means it's not even pushing next gen hardware as it was designed for last gen. New gen Destiny is going to get a few sprinkled effects and a resolution boost but it's still essentially a PS360 game. I confirmed this when I played the Alpha and Beta, the graphics were incredibly underwhelming...although the game was tried and true Bungie fun.

Finally, Bungie went from making a Halo every few years on one platform to now making a multiplatform game on four machines at once. I suspect they are ill-equipped and they simply don't have the resources or experience to fully push next gen when juggling so many projects at the same time.

That being said, it should be a good game. However, if one is planning on buying Destiny and are "looking to see a big difference between the two systems", they are barking up the wrong tree.

A true next gen only title, like Batman Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Halo 5, or Uncharted 4 are titles that will push next gen visuals, not titles held back by last gen machines like Destiny (especially when Bungie's goal is graphical parity).

#18 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

this good news for all you destiny fans.

#19 Posted by SoftwareGeek (434 posts) -

@Adam802 said:

Destiny will be 1080p thanks to the new Xbox One SDK with the improved power.

https://twitter.com/statuses/476486815654744064

Great news for Xbox One. This is a sign of things to come...
Once XB1 runs games the same as PS4 the 2 consoles will be, for all intents and purposes, equally as powerful for multiplats. So the only thing differentiating the XB1 and PS4 will be the exclusives, controller, and services. IMO I think XB1 has a better controller, exclusives, and XBL is more stable/smoother than PSN. And the XB1 has more features with kinect that can still be used if you want to.
Xbox One is absolutely a great gaming console in a great place right now, no doubt at all.

The difference will really start becoming apparent over the next few years when dynamic environments start to become calculated on the cloud. This will improve the look of the games by a wide margin over other consoles.