Dead Rising 3 stopped working???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Thomasdeleo (1978 posts) -

Ever since yesterday every time I go to play DR3 it kicks me back out to the dashboard before it even gets passed the initial backdrop picture. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now and no change. Is there a game cache that I can clear? Anyone have any ideas. I don't think it's the disk because it installs fully and it has worked before this.

#2 Edited by JustPlainLucas (73588 posts) -

i just hadthis problem happen to me today. did you have the companion running or smart glass on atvall? ibdidconnected smartglass and it booted up

#3 Posted by Thomasdeleo (1978 posts) -

@JustPlainLucas: I'll try that when I get home. Glad it didn't just happen to me tho.

#4 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7565 posts) -

I had this problem with DR3 and Battlefield 4 as well. I thought my disc drive was gone. I just unplugged the console from the back, plugged it back in and rebooted the system. Works fine. I think the software is glitchy. Something I'm sure MS will fix in an update.

#5 Edited by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

I had a similar problem with Killer Instinct today, it just wouldn't load and take me back to the dashboard saying that KI took too long to boot.

I read that is a software problem (happening a lot with TV), but couldn't get it to work until I uninstall and reinstall the entire game...