Dashboard won't load... any help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
Okay, so i can connect to live, but only while playing games. As soon as a game boots i am able to log into live and everything is fine. But my dashboard will not load, every time i connect to live. The loading icon comes up in the middle of the screen, but nothing ever happens. I contacted microsoft support, and they say it's a problem with either my router or isp. But i've had the same router and isp since signing up for live nearly a year ago, and this dashboard issue has only been happening for the last week or two. Long story short, it's driving me freaking crazy. I am completely unable to access the marketplace in any way shape or form. Anyone have this issue and if so, any ideas on how to fix it?
Dzjaansis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dzjaansis
Member since 2002 • 27689 Posts
What if you pause a game, and then go to the dashboard thru the xbox button. Is it working then?
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 i_noseworthy
nope, the second i exit a game and go back to the actual dashboard, i get the good old infinite loading loop all over again.
Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
hav u just let it sit there? because after the last update it did that and i got really mad so i just let it there for about 20min and it was fine
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 i_noseworthy
^^^ explain fine... you mean once you connected it was okay upon rebooting? or it took 20 mins to loge into live every time? i'm going to guess the former, since noone in their right mind would consider the second alternative fine... also, something tells me such won't be the case. i'll update after trying, but i remember letting it sit one time and all it did was boot me back out to the non-live dashboard...
UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6 UnlivedPhalanx
Member since 2005 • 5433 Posts

Okay, so i can connect to live, but only while playing games. As soon as a game boots i am able to log into live and everything is fine. But my dashboard will not load, every time i connect to live. The loading icon comes up in the middle of the screen, but nothing ever happens. I contacted microsoft support, and they say it's a problem with either my router or isp. But i've had the same router and isp since signing up for live nearly a year ago, and this dashboard issue has only been happening for the last week or two. Long story short, it's driving me freaking crazy. I am completely unable to access the marketplace in any way shape or form. Anyone have this issue and if so, any ideas on how to fix it?i_noseworthy

Here's what I did, if you have auto sign-in you're kind of SOL here, but if you go to the memory option in system, hit Y when hovering on the HDD and then hit XX LB RB XX it will ask to perform service on the drive, it clears cache, resets LIVE handling and deletes all patches. Think of it as your automatic junk cleanup tool. This has been a cure-all for me in the past.