Dashboard Beta?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 3SidedSquare (299 posts) -

I understand it converts MS points into real-world currency, but is that the only thing this public beta does?

I don't see the point in going through the trouble of making this one simple change a beta instead of a regular update that everyone should've had in 2005.

The reason I'm asking is because I have it, so I want to know if something else will be changing.

#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (37997 posts) -

You signed an NDA, try actually you know, doing that

#3 Posted by SolidTy (45774 posts) -

I understand it converts MS points into real-world currency, but is that the only thing this public beta does?

I don't see the point in going through the trouble of making this one simple change a beta instead of a regular update that everyone should've had in 2005.

The reason I'm asking is because I have it, so I want to know if something else will be changing.

3SidedSquare

Don't sign up for Dashboard Betas...waste of time unless they are rewarding you in someway.

#4 Posted by ShaineTheNerd (1578 posts) -

3SidedSquare
This is supposed to be a full dashboard update, if I'm not mistaken. The currency change (if that is true, I wouldnt know...) is just a part of it all.
#5 Posted by shadow_Metroid (1633 posts) -

Yeah, switching the MS point to world currency will not be the only thing beta will have. We just have to wait and see.

#6 Posted by Green_Chaos (365 posts) -
Using your own money for microsoft points v buying microsoft points at a store. Is it possible for Microsoft to keep things the way they are? Or do they want to make themselves unpopular?