Dark souls should i buy it ?? is it so hard as everybody says ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nicass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nicass
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Should i really bye it ?? skyrim its coming and iam pretty unsured !!!
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
Skyrim and Dark Souls are completely different.......I don't find it to be hard because I played Demon Soul's on PS3, but new players to the series say it's extremely hard.
nicass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nicass
in terms of graphics and story and so is a good game ???
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bblundell
The story isn't amazing. Graphics are fairly good. If that's all you're worried about then I'd say the game is not for you.
mr_zombie60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 mr_zombie60
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

I actually enjoy the simplicity of Dark Soul's story, but a lot of people find the story to be a disgrace to the RPG genre. Just because it's not like all the other RPG's where story dominates doesn't mean the story is abysmal.

I also love the environments in the game, so whether or not you enjoy the graphics is subjective. That's why we have screenshots to judge that department. The real issue with the engine is that the game lags like **** sometimes. I've clocked so many hours into this game I tend to lookover such lag.

The game isn't for everyone, it can be frustrating, though I think it's very rewarding and just takes some time to learn the ropes.

nicass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nicass
hmm so you recomended it or shall i wait for skyrim ???
mr_zombie60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mr_zombie60

hmm so you recomended it or shall i wait for skyrim ???nicass

I recommend it, I put in 70 hours within the first week alone. But, do you only have enough money for skyrim? Because if you're on the edge about this game, perhaps you should wait. I played demon souls so I knew what to expect.

nicass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nicass
well i never played dark or demon souls but the genre and all the videos appeals me !! I dont wanna buy 2 games just one so or will be dark souls or skyrim i love this type of games middle era rpg
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bblundell
I'm leaning more towards Skyrim being more your thing, but I can't make that decision for you. This is all based off of my opinions of what I would think you would like.
mr_zombie60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mr_zombie60

well i never played dark or demon souls but the genre and all the videos appeals me !! I dont wanna buy 2 games just one so or will be dark souls or skyrim i love this type of games middle era rpg nicass

Hmm.. definitely would be taking a risk. Up to you XD I'm just as excited for skyrim as I was for Dark Souls.Luckily for me, there was no ultimatum. I get both!!!

nicass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nicass
yes couse dark souls is kinda a mix of rpg with arcade right ? regardless of that the sistem of the game is very nice the thing that you need to lvl in certain areas so you can pass to another boss or if you choose to go a head straight to the boss is really cool
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bblundell

[QUOTE="nicass"]well i never played dark or demon souls but the genre and all the videos appeals me !! I dont wanna buy 2 games just one so or will be dark souls or skyrim i love this type of games middle era rpg mr_zombie60

Hmm.. definitely would be taking a risk. Up to you XD I'm just as excited for skyrim as I was for Dark Souls.Luckily for me, there was no ultimatum. I get both!!!

Same here.......Dark Souls and Demon Souls are some of the most gratifying gaming experiences ever. Buying Dark Souls for me wasn't an option........I even went to the midnight release.......I NEVER go to those.
nicass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nicass
looool nah both i wont bye i dont have so much time 2 play ;)
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bblundell
I truthfully don't have as much time to play all at once.....but I try to play games as much as possible. i may have around 4 hours a week to spend on them. Later on down the road I would tell you to give it a try once it's in the bargain bin or possibly a rent.
nicass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nicass
rent ??? not in my country lol we dont have that polite :)
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
Its a great game, even though its super tough, its very rewarding and makes u come back for more. if you can finish it in 20 days till skyrim gets here, i dont see why you shouldnt get it. btw, i haven't played demon souls either and iam loving this. but if you can just get one of those, i'd go for skyrim.
nicass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nicass
Dont like the combat mechanics of skyrim thats the prob :)) didnt like it at oblivion didnt like ir at fallout and i think will be the same now :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5a5cb94e21be4
deactivated-5a5cb94e21be4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 deactivated-5a5cb94e21be4
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts

I never played Demons Souls & the constant talk of difficulty almost put me off picking up Dark Souls. And Im glad I didnt get discouraged. Im 30 hours or so in to Dark Souls and Ilove it. It has its difficult moments, but the game really rewards you for perseverance & hard work. Give it a whirl, I say

dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
I saw the game up and running weeks ago at GAMEFest and I'll tell you something it's not as hard as people make it out to be. Once you get used to the controls and the system its fairly simple block attack/counter gameplay. However the huge boss characters are a challenge and can (sometimes) kill you with a single hit.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

well i never played dark or demon souls but the genre and all the videos appeals me !! I dont wanna buy 2 games just one so or will be dark souls or skyrim i love this type of games middle era rpg nicass

If I were you I'd go for Skyrim.

I'm playing Dark Souls right now and having a lot of fun but it is so masochistic that it's not funny.

After beating the first real boss (the taurus on the bridge) my heart was pumping like there's no tomorrow. If you go for this gae be advised, you'll be playing the same thing over and over again. Not because everything is the same but because you'll die a lot and have to restart all over again...

On the other hand if Skyrim is anything like oblivion, it's gonna be an outstanding game with difficulty settings for everyone.

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
I'm curious about Dark Souls as well, I'm fine with a challenge, just not sure if I can commit a lot of time to it despite very much wanting to play the game.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

buy it. it's fun. 2 you will die but once you learn how fight right and how to defeat the different types of monsters. You will die less. BUT Also When you die you get more of feeling you want to come back and go farther not turn it off and go into a rage. GREAT game worth my 60 bucks 100%

If you say you only want to buy one Then i wait till skirim comes out and see. heres ideal. Dark souls most likely get a goty, price is going to drop. SO A: you can buy it now and sell it off or wait till price drops and go from there. You won't lose no game vaule.

BUT Skirim im 99% ssure there be some GOTY later next year with $80-100 of DLC in side for the price of the game now.

Your choice.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
If you hate difficult games, don't get it, simple as that. It's a difficult game because that's what the developers had in mind when making it. It's meant to be extremely difficult.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Played it today, its awesome and very hard. if you have the money i would say give it a go i love really difficult games like this
xIREAVERIx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xIREAVERIx
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts
Go buy Dark souls if you dont like it just return it within 7 days.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I saw the game up and running weeks ago at GAMEFest and I'll tell you something it's not as hard as people make it out to be. Once you get used to the controls and the system its fairly simple block attack/counter gameplay. However the huge boss characters are a challenge and can (sometimes) kill you with a single hit. dragonps

Exactly. Like FPS aren't hard because you just need to point and fire. And RTS the same, point and click...

Oh and fighting games, you just need to hit when the enemy isn't blocking and block when the enemy is attacking!

And platform games... just jump over enemies and you'll be fine!

GAMING MADE EASY! :)

Jokes aside, your comment is you opinion obv.

It's not the mechanic of how to engage against enemies that is difficult. It's how much damage you take, how a simple mistake means having to start all over again. Curses... poisons... And don't get me started with the enemies that have a one hit kill, they are at the beggining of the game on the undead borg (first place you go after leaving the initil training zone). I'm lvl 10 now and the first enemies you encounter can take more than half of my health bar in one hit. That makes, in my oppinion, the game hard.

The game was designed to be extremely hard and that's what it is. To some people it may be more or less hard, but it is hard nonetheless.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bblundell
Go buy Dark souls if you dont like it just return it within 7 days.xIREAVERIx
From Gamestop? If so, I didn't realize people still shopped there.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Should i really bye it ?? skyrim its coming and iam pretty unsured !!!nicass
is a hard game yes, but it's not as tough as people make it out to be, even though that last boss took like 3hrs for me to beat yesterday, lol both games will be good so it doesn't matter, I personally would go with Skyrim over it, but I am a bethesda guy though.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Dark Souls is not as hard as people say it is, no. It'san incredible game IMO, story is almost non-existant, which is a bummer, graphics are amazing(IMO), and they nailed the atmosphere perfectly. Gameplay. Where to begin.. it's really just trial and error. It's a really fun game, but you will die, and you will die often. However, when you die (or at least in my experience) you never feel that RARRAHWRGARA feeling like in games, oh such as Ninja Gaiden 2; you get a feeling of "Oh lol what was I thinking?" or "Oh darn it those sneaky bastards.." It's a feeling of "legitimate" challenge. I put legitimate in quotations as MANY will debate that point to me, but IMO it's legitimate. If you're into that kinda thing then for sure buy this.

Summary:

Gameplay: Fun, fun, fun. Trial and Error. Not for everyone. Requires you to learn from your mistakes. (AKA death death death death) Great boss fights. Puts a jolt of adrenaline into almost every encounter. (Your first time through anyway..)

Graphics: I don't really care. I think they look incredible. (Beware of occasional slowdown in certain areas of game) Incredible Atmosphere.

Story: What story?

Purchase Worthy?: You can bet your sweet little behind. Gobuy this game now!!!!

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

im new to dark souls demons souls junk and it's honestly not that bad in most cases it seperates the men from the boys because it doesnt cater to the casual gamers you actually got to use skill and think things threw in a fight. it's worth more than the 60 i paid for it

Bojankin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bojankin
Member since 2003 • 388 Posts

It's got a difficult learning curve but eventually you figure it all out and it's quite fun. Every boss has a weakness so it's not that hard.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

It's got a difficult learning curve but eventually you figure it all out and it's quite fun. Every boss has a weakness so it's not that hard.

Bojankin

by weakness you mean every boss that has a tail hit the tail and get a shiney new toy :D

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
It definitely seems like Skyrim is more your thing. I purchased and beat Dark Souls in the first two weeks (never played Demon's Souls), I don't know where I found the time, but I also have Skyrim pre-ordered. How hard is Dark Souls? It depends who you're talking to, but it's about as hard as you hear.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Dark Souls is amazing. You really should get it. It's pretty much all I've thought about and played since I got it.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
I played it, and loved a lot of things about it, but I'm just not a glutton for punishment. I died at least 15 times in the first two hours or so, and that just took too much fun out of it for me, but like I said, its not a bad game, it just isn't for me, my only real complaint is the camera system
Bojankin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bojankin
Member since 2003 • 388 Posts

[QUOTE="Bojankin"]

almasdeathchild

by weakness you mean every boss that has a tail hit the tail and get a shiney new toy :D

lol yeah it seems like every boss' tail can be harvested into a weapon, kinda strange but fun :P

IaintPlayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IaintPlayin
I have a feeling that Skyrim will be much better in terms of combat than both Fallout and Oblivion. With the duel system it will partly reflect on Bioshock, and from the video I saw, it has some of the cool third person kill cams that make you feel awesome. I just hope the fighting will be fluent. The difficulty in Dark Souls to me is like a challenge that I HAVE to beat, and all the frustration from dying only adds to my anger and skill which in turn make me go H.A.M on everything. I'd say Skyrim for you though.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

its not really all that hard.. its more frustrating than anything

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#40 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Dark souls is as hard as every review says. Skyrim is going to be much more your thing.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I think you said you didn't like the fighting system in either Oblivion or Fallout, so I don't see you liking it in Skyrim either. So I'd lean more towards Dark Souls.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
id wait and pick it up when its cheap, im doing that with skyrim myself
Smallville417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Smallville417
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

I am finding it very tough. I had never played the one before it. Still, it is a game I would definitely recommend.