Corrupted Gamer Profile...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

infocrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 infocrap
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Okay, I had been playing Crackdown for the past couple of days and this morning I turn on my Xbox 360, to find that only one of my two gamer profiles is found, the second is my brother's. My main gamer profile which I use isn't there so I cant sign in. Enraged, I decide to investigate. So I go to my Settings, and from there go to my Memory section, and then to my Gamer Profiles, where lo and behold I find my profile along with my my brother's profile. The only difference is is that my "status"(?) is Corrupted Profile where as my brother's profile is Gamer Profile. So it turns out that I can't sign in as my Profile and have lost all my saved games. I am extremely annoyed about this, and was wondering if anybody else has run into the same problem, and if they had how did they restore their profile. O and btw, I do not use Xbox Live. Any help would be much appreciated.
cricketboy2238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 cricketboy2238
Member since 2004 • 5717 Posts
it sounded hopeful until you said that you don't use Xbox Live. Had you, you could download your gamer profile in the condition it was last time you logged in. But for this, I don't think there's much you can do.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
your game saves are gone forever, and since you dont use xbox live i dont think you can recover your gamertag. sorry.
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts
If you only had Xbox Live... You could've saved yourself...
curtisholt2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 curtisholt2000
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

SOLUTION YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Aparantly when I just recovered my XBOX Live profile after deleting it because of the corruption thing. It also took the corruption thing away on all my profiles. This is good news for me and it should be good news for you aswell. But this is if you have an XBOX Live profile, at least one.

Ok let me go through the stept.

1:Turn on XBOX 360 wanting to have fun playing games and online with friends or other people from around the world. 2:OMG where have my gamer profiles gone. You look into settings and make your way through memory then gamer profiles. 3:You find that there is a sign saying"CORRUPTED" next to the name of your gamer profile. 4:To your luck you have at least one XBOX Live gamer profile. So you delete that Live profile and then recover it on the XBOX Live Marketplace Tab and then go to recover gamer tag, when you type in all your Windows Live info it should start recovering the XBOX Live profile. 5:When it has recovered you look into your settings again and then into memory and gamer profiles. HORRRRRAAAAA it does not come up with "CORRUPTED" anymore and you can safely use all your pofiles once again. Even if ther are not XBOX Live profiles.

BUT REMEMBER you MUST have at LEAST ONE XBOX Live gamer profile for this to work ok.

Have fun.

tbolt_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 tbolt_88
Member since 2003 • 1873 Posts
Yes that would work but the person said they dont use xbox live so there still kinda screwed right now. Ive never experienced a profile corruption. How the hell would that even happen? Most ive experiences is my Crackdown game save claiming to be corrupted which was fixed with a game update.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
Yes that would work but the person said they dont use xbox live so there still kinda screwed right now. Ive never experienced a profile corruption. How the hell would that even happen? Most ive experiences is my Crackdown game save claiming to be corrupted which was fixed with a game update. tbolt_88
cud try deleting the currupt gamertag (it dont wipe the saves if u choose not to) then make a tag with same name exactly and hope the game saves still work with it.
curtisholt2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 curtisholt2000
That might work but thats a risk.:question:
Avatar image for thedirtydirty91
thedirtydirty91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedirtydirty91
what if it's corrupted and you can't get the profile information like email and password????? cause this just happened to me
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

what if it's corrupted and you can't get the profile information like email and password????? cause this just happened to methedirtydirty91

then you = screwed, its always a good idea to connect your 360 to some sort of an internet source to back up your profile, since it is data that can be corrupted over time, that way if this ever happens you just can just recover and be good to go.

Sorry that this happened to you :( *hugs*

Avatar image for thedirtydirty91
thedirtydirty91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thedirtydirty91
ok i know the email but the password changes every 5 minutes
watlingwat3lnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 watlingwat3lnd
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
this just happened to me as well, i turn on my xbox and it doesnt have my name in the sign in profile, i look in my harddrive it says its corrupt, that didnt really mean much to me at the time, but when i tried to recover my gamer tag(i use live) and it says it cant because of the storage device, so on so on,. that made me so mad so i gave my xbox to a friend out of anger for i wasnt going to start all my games again
watlingwat3lnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 watlingwat3lnd
omg, haha thank you, i would have figure it out byemyself in time, buut i had my friend recover it from his, and then deleted it, and recoveered it on mine::):):):)
wikkiwild1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 wikkiwild1
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
This happened to me and I deleted my profile on my xbox and then recovered it, all was good after that. Oh just delete your profile only, and no other files. You will have options of what to delete.
sleepythadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sleepythadon
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

My Profile appeared as corrupt this morning and i got the storage device issue u mentioned. it happens if u have the corrupt profile still on the storage. Cant move same named files to the same directory on Windows and the saem applies to XBOX. I am glad Microsoft made a good way to deal with this profile corruption issue.

brutekiller18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brutekiller18
okay I went to my friends house and played FALLOUT 3 on my hard drive that i took over there. when i got home and put my hard drive in my xbox my profile was CORRUPTED!!!! so i went back to my friends house with my hard drive and my profile WASNT CORRUPTED so i thought it was working again but when i got home it was corrupted AGAIN!!!!! and i only played xbox live a few months ago but my friend has xbox live but i dont??? what do i do ?? AND HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!!!?????
piemaster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 piemaster98
At my dad's house, I have xbox live. When I got the RROD, I brought the hard drive on my bro's xbox and I was able to sign in without recovering my profile. However, when I bring the hard drive to my mom's house (with no Xbox Live) the profile is corrupted, and when I bring the hard drive back to my dad's, it signs me in no problem. Why is this?/ is there no way to sign in?