Co-op Racing Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PiNwOrM (2030 posts) -

Hey all. Me and my friend are looking for a good racing game to play split-screen. So far, the only co-op ones I've found are Forza 2, PGR4, and Burnout Revenge. Problem is, I can't find out what modes they have.

Specifically, we're looking for the deepest co-op experience. Preferably, we'd like to be able to go online with splitscreen to race others, but we're fine with just racing the CPU. The only thing we don't want is simple 1v1 racing. Something a bit more would be preferable.

Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Thanks

#2 Posted by Strife88 (6073 posts) -
PGR4 has a lot of modes especially co-op and the style of gameplay is more appealing for an easy to get into game. There's street races, cat and mouse, cone capture and most of these are team based games.
#3 Posted by PiNwOrM (2030 posts) -

PGR4 has a lot of modes especially co-op and the style of gameplay is more appealing for an easy to get into game. There's street races, cat and mouse, cone capture and most of these are team based games.Strife88

That sounds good, but how are they played? Could we play us two on splitscreen online, facing other players? Could we play against bots?

#4 Posted by ZimpanX (12636 posts) -
defiantly get PGR4, you can both play against eachother or togheter to challenge the computer, don't recall if you can play split-sreen online though
#5 Posted by Strife88 (6073 posts) -

The cat and mouse is probably one of the better ones. it's a 4 v 4 race and each time has a mouse (e-class) and the rest (a-b class), you have to protect your mouse and prevent the other teams from finishing. you can play a lot on splitscreen with bots, but if you take it online you'll have a lot more fun.

#6 Posted by Carashnak (119 posts) -

I would go for PGR4, It has what you need, because there is a lot of fun race types - especially Cat & Mouse . Forza is a simulator, so it's focused pretty much on the racing, although between the two I would say Forza is the better game (but only if you like realism).

I haven't played Burnout Revenge, so I can't comment :(