Controller Issues (joystick tilt)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DahlVaughnni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DahlVaughnni
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts

I looked over all of the forum categories for a few minutes before deciding that this one is the most appropriate to post in since there are no general Tech forums.

My controller seems to be malfunctioning a little. It's very sensitive to the left side and elss sensitive to the right. What I mean by that is, it's harder to make a character go right than it does left, like you have to push a little further. Also, sometimes after going left and letting go of the joystick, it doesn't always reset to neutral, but instead continues to walk slowly to the left. This is especially noticable while playing Arkanoid from the arcade. Oftentimes after moving left to hit the ball, the slider will continue to move to the left even after I let go of the joystick and it messes with me.

So there're two possibilities that I can think of: A) The joystick is busted, which I don't see why it would be, it's been fine until recently. or B) It's somehow "off balance" and needs to be adjusted. Is there some way to fix this? I seem to recall my gamecube controller doing something similar, and if you turn the gamecube on while holding a certain button combination, it automatically recalibrates the controller to neutral.

Any helpful advice would be great, this is a real bummer.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I looked over all of the forum categories for a few minutes before deciding that this one is the most appropriate to post in since there are no general Tech forums.

My controller seems to be malfunctioning a little. It's very sensitive to the left side and elss sensitive to the right. What I mean by that is, it's harder to make a character go right than it does left, like you have to push a little further. Also, sometimes after going left and letting go of the joystick, it doesn't always reset to neutral, but instead continues to walk slowly to the left. This is especially noticable while playing Arkanoid from the arcade. Oftentimes after moving left to hit the ball, the slider will continue to move to the left even after I let go of the joystick and it messes with me.

So there're two possibilities that I can think of: A) The joystick is busted, which I don't see why it would be, it's been fine until recently. or B) It's somehow "off balance" and needs to be adjusted. Is there some way to fix this? I seem to recall my gamecube controller doing something similar, and if you turn the gamecube on while holding a certain button combination, it automatically recalibrates the controller to neutral.

Any helpful advice would be great, this is a real bummer.

DahlVaughnni
I feel for you. Not sure exactly what the issue you have here, but controller wear down overtime. Is it new or newish? I've been through a few controllers, luckily they are much much cheaper now.
DahlVaughnni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DahlVaughnni
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts

Couple of years, but I never did any hardcore playing at any point. No more than a few hours a week tops.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shawn7324

Couple of years, but I never did any hardcore playing at any point. No more than a few hours a week tops.

DahlVaughnni
I'm sure there is a way for you to fix it as you can buy replacement parts, but the pain & trouble of doing so might out weigh the money you may save.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shawn7324

The cheapest Brand New Xbox 360 controller I could find was a Black Wireless Controller Price & Shipping for $35.00. I also found white for same price.

lexxxy52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lexxxy52
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

dont think it can be fixed at all

just gotta ask yourself how much it affects your experience and whether or not it is worth replacing

a couple of my controls get a bit sticky with pushing the joystick forward and will continue moving forward after i let go but it doesn;t bother me too much so i just ignore it.