COD ghosts 720p on xbox one : is it important for you ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingcrimson24 (398 posts) -

well they said it runs 720p on xbox one and 1080 on ps4 .

some say its a disaster for xbox , and even some people cancelled their xbox one pre orders .

but some others say COD's resolution is not really important for them . and xbox exclusives like Dead Rising 3 and forza 5 run at 1080p and Ryse runs at 900p .also ps4 couldn't run battlefield 4 on 1080p .

so as it looks xbox one is a weaker console and it runs at lower resolution . how important is that to you ?

personally , i think having awesome games like quantum break and dead rising 3 are more important than resolution or frame rate . so i'm still with xbox .

#2 Posted by Videodogg (12549 posts) -

Im sorry, but i am not going to be stuck with a inferior console this time around. With all else being equal with the exception of a few exclusive games here and there, ( most i dont care about that much anyway ) i cancelled my Xbox One pre-order. MS should have pushed the specs a little harder, instead of including Kinect.

#3 Posted by kitty (114455 posts) -

When you start to worry about things like that more than the games themselves, it's a problem. People buy games to play them, people buy consoles for games. You don't buy a console based on the resolution output of it. If this was such a issue to people, they would have skipped consoles and built a pc instead.

#4 Edited by darkmagician06 (6060 posts) -

I don't care at all

#5 Edited by xgraderx (2395 posts) -

I dont care at all.The games and services are what Im in it for and right now Xbox has the games and Live is getting a nice upgrade.The internet explosion is mostly Sony fanboys acting out,I dont think most people care.

Have you seen the comparison videos?Without starting a war here,I think the Xbox version looks a little better overall.

#6 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

COD is an MLG game mate. It's a big deal for sure. 720p graphics don't offer the gamer a competitive edge they need in a first person shooter. Microsoft should feel bad for letting down all their fans.

#7 Posted by Nintendo_Man (19628 posts) -

I already had the game pre-ordered a couple of months ago with the XB1 so I obviously don't care.

#8 Posted by kingcrimson24 (398 posts) -

@xgraderx said:

I dont care at all.The games and services are what Im in it for and right now Xbox has the games and Live is getting a nice upgrade.The internet explosion is mostly Sony fanboys acting out,I dont think most people care.

Have you seen the comparison videos?Without starting a war here,I think the Xbox version looks a little better overall.

Agreed , Xbox looks really good on those videos , actually it looks sharper than ps4 version

#9 Posted by s0ldier69 (2071 posts) -

For whatever reason every time I see a compare video I think the xbox looks much crisper and sharper. Whatever they are doing with their "secret sauce" is working. But regardless, I'm more worried about online and the games and I find the X1 games much more to my liking.

#10 Posted by --MAV3R1CK-- (9346 posts) -

The constant back in forth about resolution and basing your system of choice on resolution is naive. The fact of the matter is, yes while visuals are very much important, the gameplay and overall games is what sets the consoles apart.

So no, to answer your question, it doesn't matter to me, and it shouldn't to others. Just my opinion.

#11 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2673 posts) -

I couldn't care less, I am not passing up all the awesome games and experiences of the X1, because the PS4 is capable of running more games at a higher resolution.

After having thoroughly researched the topic on the internet, it appears that for most people, the difference will be almost unnoticeable while you are playing the game, and cod ghosts will not be runnng at 720p, its 1080p upscaled from 720p, there's a difference.

#12 Posted by tmorri603 (343 posts) -

Will 720p or 1080p really matter when you are look for a great online experience? I don't think so. Xbox live is the big push for a game like this. Keep in mind that this is the first games for the system and as time goes by they will get better and be at 1080p for every game released.I just want to see what cloud gaming will do for games.

#13 Posted by x-2tha-z (8896 posts) -

I don't care because there's no chance of me ever wanting to play this game.

#14 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

well they said it runs 720p on xbox one and 1080 on ps4 .

some say its a disaster for xbox , and even some people cancelled their xbox one pre orders .

but some others say COD's resolution is not really important for them . and xbox exclusives like Dead Rising 3 and forza 5 run at 1080p and Ryse runs at 900p .also ps4 couldn't run battlefield 4 on 1080p .

so as it looks xbox one is a weaker console and it runs at lower resolution . how important is that to you ?

personally , i think having awesome games like quantum break and dead rising 3 are more important than resolution or frame rate . so i'm still with xbox .

I'm with you TC, the 360 was less powerful in theory as well but to me it was the right choice.

Also, even though it was weaker, the majority of multiplats ran better in the 360!

#15 Posted by MathMattS (4002 posts) -

As I understand it, the tech differences between the two systems is slight. Not all games on the Xbone run at 1080p.

I'm choosing the Xbone over the PS4 because the Xbone has exclusives and multi plats that I want-- there's nothing on the PS4 that interests me.

#16 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5633 posts) -

When you start to worry about things like that more than the games themselves, it's a problem. People buy games to play them, people buy consoles for games. You don't buy a console based on the resolution output of it. If this was such a issue to people, they would have skipped consoles and built a pc instead.

Yeah I tend to agree... and this is coming from a PS fan getting a PS4.

So sick of all this resolution talk. Can't wait until they come out and we can start talking about games again!

#17 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

not important for me, the human eye can bearly tell the difference, and both consoles with have amazing graphics.

#18 Posted by CTR360 (6923 posts) -

no big deal for me

#19 Posted by thenephariouson (3952 posts) -

Storm in a Teacup............

Obviously there's going to be some pant wetting regarding this Resolution, but to be honest in the greater scheme of things there's really no issue other than providing blank ammunition to those who feel the need to justify their choice/purchase.

Yes, I acknowledge that the PS4 is indeed technically more powerful 'On Paper' and that CoD:Ghosts & BF4 would certainly appear to confirm this, however I certainly would not base any opinion based on these 2 games alone.

Regardless of resolution differences here, I cant wait to get hold of my Xbox One as for me the next gen is not only about just the games, but the overall experience.

Ultimately, the consoles we see Day 1 will be very different beats in the months & years to come. Im really looking forward to the 'Next Gen' as the innovations made by both Sony & MS will no doubt benefit us all in 1 way or an other.

Its all good : )

#20 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69555 posts) -

Why is it such a big deal, sure i am getting a PS4, but it wouldn't have mattered to me at all if it was reversed

#21 Posted by DemonicBrew (9 posts) -

Im getting it on 360 while everyone is having hardware problems with the next gen systems ill be enjoying gaming Lol

#22 Posted by GustavoDALBEN (15 posts) -

@SKaREO:

Lol at competitive fps gaming in a console, if youre playing competitive fps you need a pc my friend.

#23 Edited by XxAK47xX (4693 posts) -

the console is not even out yet. do you just remember what an xbox 360 game looked like when it was 2005? the games look amazing now in the year 2013 ( lol that's what we said last time ) but its just going to get better and better. They are going to understand the hardware better and fine tune it to get more performance out the box. The can say dead rising is pushing the power of the xbox one, but that doesn't mean that it doing it efficiently.

#24 Posted by Master_Live (13931 posts) -

Yes it is important to me.

#25 Posted by Bruin1986 (1196 posts) -

It is FAR too early to be judging the "true capabilities" of each console.

COD running at 720P is more of a critique of the developer, rather than the Xbox hardware. There are launch titles like Ryse, DR3, and Forza which are graphically FAR superior yet run at higher resolutions as well.

The ESRAM may indeed be a little tricky to code for, but once developers get a knack for it, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Wait until E3 2014. We'll get to see the new exclusive titles that have been in development on finalized dev kits for the majority of their development. THEN we can safely do comparisons between the two consoles and their respective capabilities. On the xbox side, Halo 5 is going to be the decisive title IMO.

It's got a large 1st party studio and is being specifically designed to take full advantage of all XB1 feature sets. Compare that with whatever the next Naughty Dog or Santa Monica studios title is on PS4.

#26 Posted by jekyll (9140 posts) -

Doesn't matter at all.

#27 Edited by Heirren (16193 posts) -

@kingcrimson24:

I think its more of a let down, similar to that of some 720p wiiu games that could have easily been 1080p. Seeing Forza 5 and then COD makes the game look kind of cruddy, to be honest. I don't have an xbox pre ordered, but I do really want Killer Instinct--which is also 720? I simply don't understand why, either. My only conclusion is perhaps that COD was being rushed for launch, and maybe KI was originally a 360 title.

#28 Posted by jekyll (9140 posts) -

@SKaREO:

@SKaREO said:

COD is an MLG game mate. It's a big deal for sure. 720p graphics don't offer the gamer a competitive edge they need in a first person shooter. Microsoft should feel bad for letting down all their fans.

Huh? The graphics will be the same for all in a match, so there's no edge to gain or lose.

#29 Posted by jetjetjaguar (242 posts) -
#30 Posted by jetjetjaguar (242 posts) -

For what it's worth. I have been looking at the gif's shown in this item on Neogaf (I have no idea if they are legit) and asking myself "which image do I want to walk into?".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705961

#31 Posted by CQR_Deuce (9 posts) -

Not important at all, If 720p vs 1080p is what you're basing your purchase on then you've got some issues. They're are both going to be great consoles and you can't go wrong either way.

#33 Posted by kingcrimson24 (398 posts) -

just heard COD ghosts had many frame issues on PS4 at 1080p . it should have been 900p .

#34 Edited by jetjetjaguar (242 posts) -

just heard COD ghosts had many frame issues on PS4 at 1080p . it should have been 900p .

Yup, turns out it's the magician and not the wand.....

#35 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2673 posts) -

If that's the case, then again the X1 version might be better. One thing I've noticed about the X1, having watched the recent dashboard video, is they really concentrated on designing a console that is very fast. Whether it is loading a game or switching from a game to something else , I'm going to be really enjoying this too much to even care about any minor graphical difference. Right now my 360 feels so slow after having watched yesterday's dashboard demo for x1 .

#36 Edited by kingcrimson24 (398 posts) -

@kingcrimson24 said:

If that's the case, then again the X1 version might be better. One thing I've noticed about the X1, having watched the recent dashboard video, is they really concentrated on designing a console that is very fast. Whether it is loading a game or switching from a game to something else , I'm going to be really enjoying this too much to even care about any minor graphical difference. Right now my 360 feels so slow after having watched yesterday's dashboard demo for x1 .

yeah i watched that too , it was impressive , voice commands work really great , switching between profiles and everything . and you don't have to leave the game if you want to go to settings , or movie or explorer . which is really great , on xbox 360 you have to leave the game to get into system settings for test connection or other stuff . but on xbox one you can do everything while your game is paused and you can do it really fast

i heard some leaked information that said day one update is 500mb , which is good . also i heard ever game takes 15 - 30 minutes to install , depends on the size . but you can play the game when you installed 50% of it . the guy who leaked info also said voice command is really really smart .

i think xbox one is going to be a good console . i'm not getting it at lunch thought . but it will be a great system .

#37 Edited by Vodoo (1754 posts) -

I can sit most of these PS4 fanboys in front of 2 tv's... One with a 1080p native resolution and the other tv with an upscaled 1080p resolution and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And it's not being upscaled from an SD signal like 480p. It's being upscaled from another HD resolution.

And from what I've been reading lately about the X1's embedded ES-RAM and DirectX 11.2, that makes it have more power. That the 32MB's of super fast ES-RAM is equivalent to 6GB of GDDR5 RAM. This isn't something that devs are using with the first gen games because specs weren't ironed down when development began. But this ES-RAM is the next evolution of ED-RAM, which kept the 360 games looking the same or better than ps3 games.

Look it up. So don't belive the fanboys that are saying the ps4 is 50% more powerful because that is very far from the truth.

#38 Posted by Shmiity (5006 posts) -

I don't care. I wouldn't know the difference between 720 and 1080 unless you pointed it out.

#39 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

I don't care as long as I get to play the games that's all that matters.