COD ghosts 720p on xbox one : is it important for you ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

well they said it runs 720p on xbox one and 1080 on ps4 .

some say its a disaster for xbox , and even some people cancelled their xbox one pre orders .

but some others say COD's resolution is not really important for them . and xbox exclusives like Dead Rising 3 and forza 5 run at 1080p and Ryse runs at 900p .also ps4 couldn't run battlefield 4 on 1080p .

so as it looks xbox one is a weaker console and it runs at lower resolution . how important is that to you ?

personally , i think having awesome games like quantum break and dead rising 3 are more important than resolution or frame rate . so i'm still with xbox .

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Im sorry, but i am not going to be stuck with a inferior console this time around. With all else being equal with the exception of a few exclusive games here and there, ( most i dont care about that much anyway ) i cancelled my Xbox One pre-order. MS should have pushed the specs a little harder, instead of including Kinect.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

When you start to worry about things like that more than the games themselves, it's a problem. People buy games to play them, people buy consoles for games. You don't buy a console based on the resolution output of it. If this was such a issue to people, they would have skipped consoles and built a pc instead.

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts

I don't care at all

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

I dont care at all.The games and services are what Im in it for and right now Xbox has the games and Live is getting a nice upgrade.The internet explosion is mostly Sony fanboys acting out,I dont think most people care.

Have you seen the comparison videos?Without starting a war here,I think the Xbox version looks a little better overall.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

COD is an MLG game mate. It's a big deal for sure. 720p graphics don't offer the gamer a competitive edge they need in a first person shooter. Microsoft should feel bad for letting down all their fans.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

I already had the game pre-ordered a couple of months ago with the XB1 so I obviously don't care.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingcrimson24

@xgraderx said:

I dont care at all.The games and services are what Im in it for and right now Xbox has the games and Live is getting a nice upgrade.The internet explosion is mostly Sony fanboys acting out,I dont think most people care.

Have you seen the comparison videos?Without starting a war here,I think the Xbox version looks a little better overall.

Agreed , Xbox looks really good on those videos , actually it looks sharper than ps4 version

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

For whatever reason every time I see a compare video I think the xbox looks much crisper and sharper. Whatever they are doing with their "secret sauce" is working. But regardless, I'm more worried about online and the games and I find the X1 games much more to my liking.

--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts

The constant back in forth about resolution and basing your system of choice on resolution is naive. The fact of the matter is, yes while visuals are very much important, the gameplay and overall games is what sets the consoles apart.

So no, to answer your question, it doesn't matter to me, and it shouldn't to others. Just my opinion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I couldn't care less, I am not passing up all the awesome games and experiences of the X1, because the PS4 is capable of running more games at a higher resolution.

After having thoroughly researched the topic on the internet, it appears that for most people, the difference will be almost unnoticeable while you are playing the game, and cod ghosts will not be runnng at 720p, its 1080p upscaled from 720p, there's a difference.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

Will 720p or 1080p really matter when you are look for a great online experience? I don't think so. Xbox live is the big push for a game like this. Keep in mind that this is the first games for the system and as time goes by they will get better and be at 1080p for every game released.I just want to see what cloud gaming will do for games.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I don't care because there's no chance of me ever wanting to play this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

@kingcrimson24 said:

well they said it runs 720p on xbox one and 1080 on ps4 .

some say its a disaster for xbox , and even some people cancelled their xbox one pre orders .

but some others say COD's resolution is not really important for them . and xbox exclusives like Dead Rising 3 and forza 5 run at 1080p and Ryse runs at 900p .also ps4 couldn't run battlefield 4 on 1080p .

so as it looks xbox one is a weaker console and it runs at lower resolution . how important is that to you ?

personally , i think having awesome games like quantum break and dead rising 3 are more important than resolution or frame rate . so i'm still with xbox .

I'm with you TC, the 360 was less powerful in theory as well but to me it was the right choice.

Also, even though it was weaker, the majority of multiplats ran better in the 360!

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#15 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

As I understand it, the tech differences between the two systems is slight. Not all games on the Xbone run at 1080p.

I'm choosing the Xbone over the PS4 because the Xbone has exclusives and multi plats that I want-- there's nothing on the PS4 that interests me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@2ndwonder said:

When you start to worry about things like that more than the games themselves, it's a problem. People buy games to play them, people buy consoles for games. You don't buy a console based on the resolution output of it. If this was such a issue to people, they would have skipped consoles and built a pc instead.

Yeah I tend to agree... and this is coming from a PS fan getting a PS4.

So sick of all this resolution talk. Can't wait until they come out and we can start talking about games again!

bumsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bumsonfire
Member since 2013 • 250 Posts

not important for me, the human eye can bearly tell the difference, and both consoles with have amazing graphics.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

no big deal for me

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Storm in a Teacup............

Obviously there's going to be some pant wetting regarding this Resolution, but to be honest in the greater scheme of things there's really no issue other than providing blank ammunition to those who feel the need to justify their choice/purchase.

Yes, I acknowledge that the PS4 is indeed technically more powerful 'On Paper' and that CoD:Ghosts & BF4 would certainly appear to confirm this, however I certainly would not base any opinion based on these 2 games alone.

Regardless of resolution differences here, I cant wait to get hold of my Xbox One as for me the next gen is not only about just the games, but the overall experience.

Ultimately, the consoles we see Day 1 will be very different beats in the months & years to come. Im really looking forward to the 'Next Gen' as the innovations made by both Sony & MS will no doubt benefit us all in 1 way or an other.

Its all good : )

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#20 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Why is it such a big deal, sure i am getting a PS4, but it wouldn't have mattered to me at all if it was reversed

DemonicBrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DemonicBrew
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Im getting it on 360 while everyone is having hardware problems with the next gen systems ill be enjoying gaming Lol

GustavoDALBEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GustavoDALBEN
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

@SKaREO:

Lol at competitive fps gaming in a console, if youre playing competitive fps you need a pc my friend.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

the console is not even out yet. do you just remember what an xbox 360 game looked like when it was 2005? the games look amazing now in the year 2013 ( lol that's what we said last time ) but its just going to get better and better. They are going to understand the hardware better and fine tune it to get more performance out the box. The can say dead rising is pushing the power of the xbox one, but that doesn't mean that it doing it efficiently.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Yes it is important to me.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

It is FAR too early to be judging the "true capabilities" of each console.

COD running at 720P is more of a critique of the developer, rather than the Xbox hardware. There are launch titles like Ryse, DR3, and Forza which are graphically FAR superior yet run at higher resolutions as well.

The ESRAM may indeed be a little tricky to code for, but once developers get a knack for it, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Wait until E3 2014. We'll get to see the new exclusive titles that have been in development on finalized dev kits for the majority of their development. THEN we can safely do comparisons between the two consoles and their respective capabilities. On the xbox side, Halo 5 is going to be the decisive title IMO.

It's got a large 1st party studio and is being specifically designed to take full advantage of all XB1 feature sets. Compare that with whatever the next Naughty Dog or Santa Monica studios title is on PS4.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#26 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Doesn't matter at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@kingcrimson24:

I think its more of a let down, similar to that of some 720p wiiu games that could have easily been 1080p. Seeing Forza 5 and then COD makes the game look kind of cruddy, to be honest. I don't have an xbox pre ordered, but I do really want Killer Instinct--which is also 720? I simply don't understand why, either. My only conclusion is perhaps that COD was being rushed for launch, and maybe KI was originally a 360 title.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#28 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@SKaREO:

@SKaREO said:

COD is an MLG game mate. It's a big deal for sure. 720p graphics don't offer the gamer a competitive edge they need in a first person shooter. Microsoft should feel bad for letting down all their fans.

Huh? The graphics will be the same for all in a match, so there's no edge to gain or lose.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

@kingcrimson24: Forza will be 1080P? Good news. Thanks.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jetjetjaguar

For what it's worth. I have been looking at the gif's shown in this item on Neogaf (I have no idea if they are legit) and asking myself "which image do I want to walk into?".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705961

CQR_Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 CQR_Deuce
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Not important at all, If 720p vs 1080p is what you're basing your purchase on then you've got some issues. They're are both going to be great consoles and you can't go wrong either way.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kingcrimson24

just heard COD ghosts had many frame issues on PS4 at 1080p . it should have been 900p .

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jetjetjaguar

@kingcrimson24 said:

just heard COD ghosts had many frame issues on PS4 at 1080p . it should have been 900p .

Yup, turns out it's the magician and not the wand.....

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@kingcrimson24 said:

If that's the case, then again the X1 version might be better. One thing I've noticed about the X1, having watched the recent dashboard video, is they really concentrated on designing a console that is very fast. Whether it is loading a game or switching from a game to something else , I'm going to be really enjoying this too much to even care about any minor graphical difference. Right now my 360 feels so slow after having watched yesterday's dashboard demo for x1 .

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kingcrimson24

@Alucard_Prime said:

@kingcrimson24 said:

If that's the case, then again the X1 version might be better. One thing I've noticed about the X1, having watched the recent dashboard video, is they really concentrated on designing a console that is very fast. Whether it is loading a game or switching from a game to something else , I'm going to be really enjoying this too much to even care about any minor graphical difference. Right now my 360 feels so slow after having watched yesterday's dashboard demo for x1 .

yeah i watched that too , it was impressive , voice commands work really great , switching between profiles and everything . and you don't have to leave the game if you want to go to settings , or movie or explorer . which is really great , on xbox 360 you have to leave the game to get into system settings for test connection or other stuff . but on xbox one you can do everything while your game is paused and you can do it really fast

i heard some leaked information that said day one update is 500mb , which is good . also i heard ever game takes 15 - 30 minutes to install , depends on the size . but you can play the game when you installed 50% of it . the guy who leaked info also said voice command is really really smart .

i think xbox one is going to be a good console . i'm not getting it at lunch thought . but it will be a great system .

Vodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vodoo
Member since 2003 • 3691 Posts

I can sit most of these PS4 fanboys in front of 2 tv's... One with a 1080p native resolution and the other tv with an upscaled 1080p resolution and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And it's not being upscaled from an SD signal like 480p. It's being upscaled from another HD resolution.

And from what I've been reading lately about the X1's embedded ES-RAM and DirectX 11.2, that makes it have more power. That the 32MB's of super fast ES-RAM is equivalent to 6GB of GDDR5 RAM. This isn't something that devs are using with the first gen games because specs weren't ironed down when development began. But this ES-RAM is the next evolution of ED-RAM, which kept the 360 games looking the same or better than ps3 games.

Look it up. So don't belive the fanboys that are saying the ps4 is 50% more powerful because that is very far from the truth.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I don't care. I wouldn't know the difference between 720 and 1080 unless you pointed it out.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't care as long as I get to play the games that's all that matters.