CoD: AW or BF: Hardline? Which one do you want to play? Why?

#1 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

I usually compare Call of Duty to Battlefield and BF has been my game of choice every year except when CoD4: MW came out, but since this year there isn't a new BF game since it was delayed to 2015 then CoD will be my game.

Actually even if BF: Hardline would have still came out this year CoD: Advanced Warfare would have still been the game I will play, because I could careless for anything but a military type shooter. The beta of Hardline sucked and it was boring, as I could careless about the whole cops and robbers thing.

Dice should have made Bad Company 3.

#2 Edited by SolidTy (43272 posts) -

Neither for me, but if I was desperate and hard pressed, I would opt for Battlefield.

I'm great at FPS, but these games are being milked and bore me to tears.

To be honest, I don't care if these ever get released.

#3 Posted by manny280 (1990 posts) -

Neither unless the Advanced Warfare multiplayer reveal blows me away

#4 Posted by Evdne971 (243 posts) -

Neither, if they keep coming out with yearly realses then it'll continue that way.

But if I really had to choose it'd be BF

#5 Posted by CTR360 (7074 posts) -

neither

#6 Posted by bluesunmerc (94 posts) -

Bf. Why because its superior in most if not all ways compared to cod. I will say the cod story usually has a bit more flare to it but the multiplayer which is where you will spend most of your times is very boring. Plus I have played mw 2-3. It usually consist of little kids insulting my family while they use some garbage weapon (not that it doesnt happen in bf.) but i enjoy the feel of bf maps more they have more depth and thought to them.

#7 Posted by huerito323 (1375 posts) -

COD: AW. Why? Because I know the game is going to work flawlessly. Battlefield games are always broken.

#8 Posted by XboXeR-360 (52 posts) -

@Evdne971: i agree

#9 Posted by equanox214 (128 posts) -

COD because those exo suits look amazing, played the hardline beta...im hardpressed to even call that an expansion its literally just new game modes

#10 Posted by MarcRecon (5732 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Neither for me, but if I was desperate and hard pressed, I would opt for Battlefield.

Right there with ya @SolidTy, I'm so burnt out on MP shooters! I'm really looking to get back into some great SP games like Shadow of Mordor, Arkham Knight and Aliens.

#11 Posted by MarcRecon (5732 posts) -

@equanox214 said:

COD because those exo suits look amazing, played the hardline beta...im hardpressed to even call that an expansion its literally just new game modes

I can't lie, the exo suits do look great but I'm just totally turned off by the halo, titan fall, crysis gameplay at the moment!! I will get it eventually though....just not at launch

#12 Posted by SolidTy (43272 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

@SolidTy said:

Right there with ya @SolidTy, I'm so burnt out on MP shooters! I'm really looking to get back into some great SP games like Shadow of Mordor, Arkham Knight and Aliens.

This all the way! :)

#13 Edited by sukraj (22775 posts) -

Neither games interest me.

#14 Posted by brimmul777 (1216 posts) -

If I had too choose,I'll pick CoD:AW.Simply because Battlefield:Hardline is not truly a real sequel.If there was Battlefield 5,I would go with that.Anyway,I'm waiting for Halo:Master Chief Collection.Can't wait.

#15 Edited by kingcrimson24 (465 posts) -

none of them . i'm getting Halo .

Military shooters bore me as hell . but if i had to choose , i would get Cod AW .

#16 Posted by oflow (896 posts) -

gonna go with cod aw, hardline because it has some new features and tech (in game not the programming). hardline looks like payday 2.

#17 Posted by spike6958 (4785 posts) -

Neither of them. I've never enjoyed CoD, and Battlefield I've only really enjoyed the Bad Company titles. Besides there are much better games I want to spend my money on this year, Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and for my multiplayer FPS needs the Halo MC Collection.

#18 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6084 posts) -

Whichever has the best SP campaign... could go either way in that regard.

#19 Posted by Garfield360UK (19689 posts) -

I am going to say Call of Duty. Battlefield Hardlines just has not got my attention in terms of what the game is trying to do (I have not seen any single player in fairness so maybe that will be great), it just feels like they could have done the multiplayer as an expansion for Battlefield 4 perhaps?

With Call of Duty, there seems to be a genuine attempt to try and mix the game up a bit. Kevin Spacey being in the game has got my attention and from what I have seen of the single player and multiplayer, the story and gameplay looks a bit more fresh to me (or perhaps it is because I have been out of Call of Duty so long that this is the one that brings me back in).

That aside, hopefully both will be great games.

#20 Posted by watchdogsrules (442 posts) -

advanced warfare all the way.

#21 Posted by watchdogsrules (442 posts) -

advanced warfare all the way.

#22 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2086 posts) -

Neither. Halo TMCC will get my multiplayer gametime until Halo 5 in 2015! I am bored to tears of CoD. The games keep getting more and more outlandish and are now geared more towards camping than ever. The only other shooter I am looking forward to in the near future is Rainbow Six Seige!

#23 Edited by ShadowDeathX (10657 posts) -

I would choose Advanced Warfare. Battlefield is boring now a days and I haven't played Call of Duty in a long time.

Might even get it on Xbox One. (Yes, I'm refusing to choose to get the superior PC version and 1st loser PS4 version)...lol