Cloverfield game?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts
If you knew me, youd know im obsessed with this flick and my homie said it would make a great game. I disagree because of the god awful camera but it was an interesting topic. It would probably be another great movie turned horrible game if it did happen.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts
I loved the movie, but a game wouldnt work honestly. Unless youre running from *SPOILER* the little spider type creatures that fall of its back or the monster itself, *END SPOILER* Then it wouldnt work. Lol, the movie ended in Central Park and Im watching Life After People on History Channel and they just mentioned Central Park... I find that amusing...
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I agree.

I absolutely LOVED the movie, but I don't like the idea of a game based on it.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Good movie but it would make a terrible game. Only things to fight would be the monster and those little spider lice things that it drops. It would be boring and repetitive. But an interesting concept would be to have the game played out from the perspective of a shoulder mounted camera on a soldier.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sarmini
Sorry to be offtopic but did anyone get a huge headache while watching this movie? I had a small headache going into it but with the camera angles, roaring, gunfire, and explosions, it made my headache blow up and felt like my head was going to explode. I had to step out of the theater for a minute or two when they were in the subway... I walked back in and the Camera guy was going to nightvision.
vhayste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 vhayste
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
IMO, the movie is good, really. But a game based on the movie will just flop. Big time.
atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts

I liked the movie and camera, but a game would suck. They don't fight, they just run. And it would suck to have a game where you just die from an airstrike in the end.

thecobraholder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thecobraholder
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
sure a game based on cloverfield might not work out but what about a game inspired by it? a breathing living city where there'd be a huge monster roaming in an apocalyptic night setting. they could mix elements from i am legend with cloverfield's realistic feeling. no shaky camera but the whole survival thing mixed with ways to attack the monster. i'd be pretty cool if they could make a realistic atmospheric game where you'd hide in apartments or whatever feeling the monster pass by.
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sarmini
I think the guy who said the idea of shoulder mounted camera on a marine fighting the monster would be really good.
Clinton015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10 Clinton015
Member since 2005 • 9039 Posts
yea a game with 1 enemy...that is invincible..sounds good
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
How was the movie? I really want to see the freaking monster alreay. :cry:
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ket87
The movie was excellent untill the end where the digital camera storytelling got a little old and you were left with no answers whatsoever because it was only things those people knew.
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

How was the movie? I really want to see the freaking monster alreay. :cry:club-sandwich

Awesome awesome movie

Avatar image for pooper_stopper3
pooper_stopper3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pooper_stopper3
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Sorry to be offtopic but did anyone get a huge headache while watching this movie? I had a small headache going into it but with the camera angles, roaring, gunfire, and explosions, it made my headache blow up and felt like my head was going to explode. I had to step out of the theater for a minute or two when they were in the subway... I walked back in and the Camera guy was going to nightvision.sarmini

i know someone who actually threw up when watching it just cause of the camera...great movie, bad game
wonderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 wonderer
Member since 2003 • 120 Posts
Yes! They should totally sell out and make tons of money off the movie with a horrible game just like every other movie-to-game. It would do an awesome job ruining the movie and destroying what we loved about it. Great idea, you should work in the video game industry!
erv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 erv
Member since 2003 • 105 Posts

Sorry to be offtopic but did anyone get a huge headache while watching this movie? I had a small headache going into it but with the camera angles, roaring, gunfire, and explosions, it made my headache blow up and felt like my head was going to explode. I had to step out of the theater for a minute or two when they were in the subway... I walked back in and the Camera guy was going to nightvision.sarmini

YES! I got a headache after the movie too... I almost puked.

sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sarmini
Lol, I didnt come close to puking, just begged my mom to give me about 5 excedrin, because I was staying at the mall for another 4-5 hours with friends so I needed them. Felt better the rest of the night.
LysanderTelos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LysanderTelos
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think it 'might' have a chance to be a good game. What it'd have to be would be just a complete escape game I guess, first person and basically no fighting the monsters except the small ones in the tunnel and all. It could depict the scenes from the movie perfectly and just basically be a horror game. Or, they could have you play as a marine or something fighting the monster. Or maybe another civilian running away. You never know. It really depends on how they develop the game that makes it good or bad. I do think though that it may have a chance.
Masaru_Kato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Masaru_Kato
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I think if the game was approached as your average "kill anything that moves" type game, no it just wouldn't work, it would be repetative, but if it was a survival horror type game, all done with that same, gritty, shake-your-face-off camera work and the point wasn't to kill those "spider lice" things but instead, as seen in the move, simply survive, I honestly think it could be done amaingly well, however its a game that would benefit greatly from not being too long, 8 hours at most.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ket87
The best comparisons I could make as to what kind of game it should be would be like Indigo Prophecy. Or better yet like Haunting Ground or Clock Tower where you don't fight anything you just run.
Thesmagron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thesmagron
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

If they made a cloverfield game I think it should be like Dead Rising. Heres what I came up with-

You play as Hud, and you start out at the party. The game would be centered around you as you follow Rob, trying to escape the city, only in this game you can defend yourself in stores and use weapons (Against the little critters that come off the monster). There would of course be side missions (rescuing other people).

As for the camera in the movie, I got the idea from Dead Rising, it should be like extra points or something that unlocks extra things.

The camera is used to capture interesting footage for people, as Hud was saying in the movie, that should know "What went down." The points are also for what the government would find interesting.

Depending on the footage you gather, you get different story alterations and endings.

Tell me what you think.

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

Spoilers abroad.

They could always just make you play a soldier in a squad that gets seperated from your main army in the city, and you have to fight your way to escape the city by dawn (when the nuke hits). You would fight the parasites, they could do a few epic dark levels, and a few 'boss fights' with the monster, as well as some vehicle sequences or something.

It'd be cool.

It'd never happen.

It's unlikely it would be good if it did.

scaryteddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scaryteddy
Member since 2005 • 599 Posts

If you knew me, youd know im obsessed with this flick and my homie said it would make a great game. I disagree because of the god awful camera but it was an interesting topic. It would probably be another great movie turned horrible game if it did happen.fudger2

I would have to agree with you here. Most movie knock-off games suck anyways.

m-0535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m-0535
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

damn its out in america already!?! it dosent come out until the 1st of feb in the UK :( is it any good?

zeroxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeroxin
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts
the movie was great but i dont no about a game :o
joejoe8151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 joejoe8151
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

if there was a game it could be like this:

At the beginning you can choose to play as Rob,Hud,Lily,the monster,or one of the spiders things.

Spider story:You go around searching for targets for the monster and just killing everyone.Or you could just roam around and explore the city.abilities:bite,climb on walls,night vision.
Monster story:Go around just destroying everything like a 3-D horror version of Rampage.abilities:a death beam(like in halo 3),destroy buildings in 1 swing,eat things.
Rob story:You can either choose to escape or go to save your wife(we all know how that turned out:BOOM!)abilities:run away lol,kill the spidery things with items from stores,punch,kick,jump,use cell phone to call military to your location,hide from spiders in different items(boxes,trash cans..etc.)
Hud story:You video cam everything while trying to to get to Robs wife.abilities:run away,kill spiders with items from stores,punch,kick,jump,use camera to gather information from people and soldiers for the government,hide from spiders in different items.
Lily story:You leave the party and drive your car to your apartment then get attacked by the monster*cutscene*Robs crew comes,saves you,then you try to escape.abilities:run away,kill spiders using items from stores,hide from monster in different items,punch,kick,jump,use cell phone to call military to your location.

There should also be a multiplayer mode where you can have up to 4 players using all the different characters to follow the story that the player using Rob chose(escape or save wife)*

*Xbox Live Exclusive: Play on-line with different with different servers with up to 10 people(Monster,Rob,Hud,Lily,and six of the spiders).It could be Co-op or Survival.Co-op:Whoever chooses Rob chooses to escape or choose his wife while the players who chose Hud and Lily follow Rob around and help him.Then whoever chose the Monster would just destroy the people and buildings while the spider players would go around roaming the city findings targets for the monster player or just killing all the people in the city.Survival:Everyone picks their character and then has an all out battle between all the other players(like in halo multiplayer battles)

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
what about an I Am Legend game? That movie was a million times better than cloverfield
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

what about an I Am Legend game? That movie was a million times better than cloverfieldmohfrontline

Until the pathetically bad ending.

I Am legend from the start to until the woman and kid show up = amazing

After the woman and kid show up = I'd rather cook my hand in a toaster than suffer through it again.

It could make an intresting game though.

5_LD_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 5_LD_5
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts
I'm obsessed with Cloverfield too:P. I think a game would be great thought it won't happen:(
trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts

Cloverfield was an awesome movie but I think it should stay a movie, most movie-turned games suck and we wouldn't want the industry to tarnish the reputation of Cloverfield lol

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
I might watch that today. Some people say its good and some say its bad. I dont get motion sickness but apparently some people were sick due to the camera jerking.
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
loved that movie but a game not a good idea but theres one movie tie in you should look forward to the upcoming ghostbuster game.
glebglore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 glebglore
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
Cloverfield was a legendary movie, nothing else like it. but the game would be bloody hard to pull off without it being your run of the mill FPS or some weird inbreed freak game lol. However if there was a game I would want to see the same gut renching fear as the characters went through.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Guess I'm in the minority cause I thought the movie sucked. And I don't even know how you would make a game from it.
shaddix55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shaddix55
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
The movie was great, just as everyone else said. But a game adaptation of the movie would just be a player controlled first person cinematic of the cameraman running around New York, eventually dying.
the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts

Ok, what would you do?

Part 1 - Procrastinate for half an hour in a party

Part 2 - Run away and rescue gf

Part 3 - Die a crap death

AND only for 109.95

Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#37 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
I saw the movie yesterday (finally) and I really loved it. It doesn't happen a lot that a movie succeeds my expectations, especially if they're as high as they were with Cloverfield, but it sure left a heck of an impression. Now about the game, I'm not sure if it could work but there's some ideas you can toss back and forth. Most people seem to think this game should be a shooter, why not make the main character a reporter of some sorts, and you get points for filming events such as collapsing buildings or people being eaten or the monster itself. Perhaps you could wield some weapons such as boards and pipes (in a similar fashion to Condemned I think) to fend off those spiders, looters, perhaps people gone crazy or military personnel who don't want you filming this stuff. Long story short: great movie, but not so much video game material.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#38 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

Wow I feel like such a loser (still haven't seen the movie). From what I've seen on previews though it would NOT make a good game.

Do you ever get to see the monster?

I've tried to find pictures of it online and get nothing.

There is supposed to be an action figure of the monster coming out sometime this year.

Avatar image for CrazyGaminFilip
CrazyGaminFilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 CrazyGaminFilip
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

i think it would be cool cuz you could be able to choose between: the monster, army, or the main characters.

joeishawt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 joeishawt
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts

with the mention of a cloverfield game the upcoming Left 4 Dead popped into my mind.

it seems like slowly walking through a ruined city with very few but intense action sequences would fit the best.

Hopkins_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hopkins_J
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts

The movie was horrible. The Blair Witch Project did it better.

In fact, we can see were Cloverfield got it's inspiration.

misfit_780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 misfit_780
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts

yeah turning "Cloverfield" into a game sounds like a tragically bad idea!

plus when you actually think about the only action in that film was really when the monster started smashing new york to bits!

i mean don't get me wrong "Cloverfield" is one of the best films i have seen in ages i just don't think you could really make it that

interesting a game.

plus the weird spidery crab things look like the antlions from half life anyway so you could just play that!

:D

jason_jx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jason_jx
Member since 2004 • 514 Posts
If they made it into a game the best way to do it, would be making it into a survival horror. That you have to escape the city, with the big monster lurking about and those small things everywhere. Introducing a new characters point of perspective would really be the only way it would work. Doing the game exactly like the film will flop and fail big time. Playing the game as a marine that gets separated from his squad or something would be awesome. Or something similar like a cop.
ninonybox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ninonybox
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
you know right after the movie i thaught to myself this wold make a good game and at the begining of the game you can pick your story you cold be a. survivor (try to excape), a soldier (fight the big monster and little ones and excort the survivors), the little monsters (kill the humans) and the big monster (kill humans) and you can switch from 1st and 3rd person view the survivors can use objects to fight the little monsters and for online play you can have. 1 big monster. 7 little monsters. and 8 soldiers
bradjohnson316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bradjohnson316
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
A cloverfield fan-created game is currently in the works. You can find out more info here: http://www.cloverfieldgame.com
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

as a great movie. but a game where you

SPOILERS

run to a building to get a chick, then run to a copter, then die, and actually only fight things like never

END

would suck. not bc of the camera. but bc there isnt enough to it to make a game.

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
we should just be happy with the movie because if they make a crap game it will bring down the movie as well
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
i'm very in the minority here, i thought the movie was terrible. no where near as good as i thought it would be. did they really expect me to believe that someone can get a stake through the heart and just be lifted off from it and live? i wanted to see a monster movie, not another love story based around godzilla.
ou661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ou661
Member since 2006 • 292 Posts
good movie but that's a horrible idea
bbx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bbx19
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
i thought about this too but then i realized that everyone dies and that wouldnt be a very fun game